Author Topic: Is the Dalai Lama a Fraud?  (Read 11994 times)

DS Star

Is the Dalai Lama a Fraud?
« on: September 18, 2013, 12:26:20 AM »
Small | Large

The video claimed that the 14th Dalai Lama was a Muslim boy from Taktser and was 'bought' for 400,000 silver coins... and that Reting Rinpoche and Ketsang Lama lied about finding the 14th reincarnation...

Thus the label "Safron-Robed Muslim" - This is a very serious allegation..!

But where is the SOLID proof? All I see only words... and nothing else...

This is is no convincing enough for me... what about you?

Is the 14th Dalai Lama really a fraud?

Positive Change

Re: Is the Dalai Lama a Fraud?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 11:11:08 AM »
I shall not begin to even doubt or accuse His Holiness of anything. There is heavy karma in doing such to a living Buddha. Why then does HHDL do what he does or rather NOT do what is right?

I put it to a divine play that I cannot even begin to fathom let alone understand. All I know is that in believing that beings such as HHDL is indeed faultless and that his actions and words are precursors to an eventual climax for the betterment of Buddhism in general is what keeps me going.

cookie

• Email
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 03:05:40 AM »
WOW ! In this samsaric world even Dharma is really a Drama !
If the allegations are true, this lie has survived for over 75 yrs. Buddhism has successfully spread to the western countries due to the political situation of Tibet, with the Dalai Lama and many highly attained Lamas residing outside of Tibet and India. Hence many people are benefitting from the the Buddha's teachings in these situations.
If the allegations are not true, I just hope that this is not just another stunt to create more rift between the Muslims and the Buddhists( that Dalai Lama was a Muslim boy) Whoever we are, whatever color we are, whatever religions we believe in are only labels. Spirituality in all forms should reduce differentiation and biasness and promote peace and happiness.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 04:50:14 AM »
Yes, this is explained in depth in the book A Great Deception: http://www.agreatdeception.com/.

Regardless of his origins, he has accomplished many great things that we should rejoice in. Nonetheless, by ignoring the consistent peaceful pleas of people urging him to use logic, common sense, and compassion and lift the ban, the noose was tightened, so this book came out to assist in creating the conditions for the ban to be lifted.

Maybe it is true, maybe it is not. The most important thing for each of us to asks ourselves - is this appearance arousing realization in my mind?

kris

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 07:45:09 AM »
This is definitely an "interesting" theory. Of course anyone has their freedom to come out with their own theory about anything, but any theory must have logic to support it. From the video, I don't see any logic and all are just claims without any support. There are just so many of these theories out there...

as @psylotripitaka said, HH Dalai Lama has achieved many great things which I don't think a normal being can achieve. If we have taken refuge with HH Dalai Lama then we should just have strong faith and follow His teachings all the way. Likewise, I received teachings from my Lama, and I will follow my Lama's instruction all the way, including Dorje Shugden practices.

diablo1974

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 08:55:28 AM »
Dalai Lama is not a fraud which i always believe, i tried to stay away with all bad comments about Him and the other holy beings and lama. It's just too many to read and i think its a waste of time. People start to make comments about people and things they do not like because of an event and incident. But do not forget that these people once loved them before, So....what i want to ask is if : the previous attitude towards these people they make comment is true or just pretending?

icy

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »
A high lama once said that even if he is not who he is, all that rigid training in monastic environment and condition he had to undergo from such a tender age will make him the right person he ought to be.  I have no doubt the Dalai Lama is Chenrizig and He is who He is.  There is no fraud about it.  Even if He is a fraud, by trusting fully who He is, enormous blessings and fortunate will resonate in us.  So better be smart than be a loser.  No more question on this caption.  For me this subject is closed.

RedLantern

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 05:36:36 PM »
Dalai Lama is a great reincarnated,enlightened soul.a man of peace,love and compassion is his religion.
Why do people try to find fault with what is good in the world and try to justify the bad.
This criticism is probably the most common as it appears in some form or other in almost every article of the Dalai Lama.The points raised in the critiques are not entirely new and had been croping up in internet articles for many years.Are the criticism levelled at the Dalai Lama fair or are they misrepresentations?

fruven

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 11:49:20 PM »
A high lama once said that even if he is not who he is, all that rigid training in monastic environment and condition he had to undergo from such a tender age will make him the right person he ought to be.  I have no doubt the Dalai Lama is Chenrizig and He is who He is.  There is no fraud about it.  Even if He is a fraud, by trusting fully who He is, enormous blessings and fortunate will resonate in us.  So better be smart than be a loser.  No more question on this caption.  For me this subject is closed.

We came with nothing and learn everything from young to old. Fake it until make it. Labeling doesn't make a person become good or bad.

What about you and I? Aren't we a bigger fraud? Not seeing reality and living in deluded states.

icy

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 08:26:57 AM »

We came with nothing and learn everything from young to old. Fake it until make it. Labeling doesn't make a person become good or bad.

What about you and I? Aren't we a bigger fraud? Not seeing reality and living in deluded states.

Fruven you are right, most of us are living in delusion believing we are real.  What we need is an awesome guru, have guru devotion and a super class protector, Dorje Shugden to bring us to reality.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 07:24:17 AM »
All one need is to check the results of all the HHDL's work. Did he not bring positive results? I am sure everyone agrees he is the one of most influential Buddhist master of all times. Even his ban of the Protector Dorje Shugden can be seen as positive is bring the Protector practice to many more people than is there is no ban. While I wish the ban to be lifted quickly (we need to work hard and create the cause); the HHDL do not do anything that does not benefit others for he is a Buddha.

Even if (I endeavor to speculate) he was a muslim boy; that is not a problem except for those who would want him back as a Muslim and the cheap thrill of bragging that the most influential Buddhist alive is a Muslim; it doesn't change the fact his is NOW the Dalai Lama. People just have very narrow mind set of the world.

icy

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 11:39:27 PM »
Reting Rinpoche formed the search party responsible for the discovery of the boy who is to be the present 14th Dalai Lama. Reting Rinpoche discovered his candidate in Taktser and the divination of the Panchen Lama supported his claim. Panchen Lama is the 2nd highest ranking great lama after the Dalai Lama. Can this go wrong?   

Matibhadra

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 02:54:38 AM »
Reting Rinpoche discovered his candidate in Taktser and the divination of the Panchen Lama supported his claim.

Reting, known for his debauched lifestyle, did not discover anything in Takster, because he remained in Lhasa; who went to Takster was his crony and accomplice Ketsang Lama.

The purported “divination” by the Panchen Lama is highly unlikely. The current “Dalai Lama” was born in 1935 and “discovered” about two years later, whereas 9th Panchen Lama died in 1937 while fleeing from the persecution from Lhasa thugs, while the 10th Panchen Lama was born only in 1938.

All one need is to check the results of all the HHDL's work.

Well said.

The result of the Dalai Lama's works are as follows: no return to the homeland; Tibetan exiled society divided by medieval religious hatred and witch-hunting; a substancial part of population reduced to untouchable pariahs outcasts, excluded from mainstream society, and from the most basic civil and human rights such as public jobs, health, education and even documents; demoralized and foolish people self-immolating; the Tibetan Buddhist tradition demoralized, despised and ridiculed worldwide thanks to its most apparent leader's support of self-immolations, bloody riots, and religious persecution.

Even if He is a fraud, by trusting fully who He is, enormous blessings and fortunate will resonate in us.

If so, why then not believing that say, Osama bin Laden, or any other psycopath, is a Buddha, trusting him, and waiting for the shower of blessings?

By the way, did you perceive how the Dalai Lama moves nervously his hands in the recent Ganded Shartse July 2013 video, when he tries to blame the monks for the witch-hunting?

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 05:56:04 AM »
http://youtu.be/vNRIEaxW3Ls

The video claimed that the 14th Dalai Lama was a Muslim boy from Taktser and was 'bought' for 400,000 silver coins... and that Reting Rinpoche and Ketsang Lama lied about finding the 14th reincarnation...

Thus the label "Safron-Robed Muslim" - This is a very serious allegation..!

But where is the SOLID proof? All I see only words... and nothing else...

This is is no convincing enough for me... what about you?

So, for me, I need some evidence that a politician is a Buddha.  I find it interesting that we will worry about whether someone was born a Muslim or whatever; would it matter?  If he were originally Muslim, so what?  Buddhas can be born into what ever families.
  People can convert to Buddhism, regardless of their family's faith.  However, one wonders how saying so and so is a Buddha is really valid unless we are also claiming to be Buddhas?  Because only Buddhas really can recognize "other" Buddhas. 
  Yes, "A Great Deception" does mention this, as does the new book "The False Dalai Lama, the worst dictator in the Modern World" available at http://falsedalailama.com/.

I think the idea was that the 14th Dalai lama was chosen for political purposes; to me it is irrelevant; we have to examine the teachers to see if we think they are qualified, and I don't see how any of us can say 'this is Buddha Amitaba" or "that is Buddha Chenrezig" unless we are claiming to already have achieved the state of Buddhahood ourselves.

Is the 14th Dalai Lama really a fraud?

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 11:50:27 PM »
WOW ! In this samsaric world even Dharma is really a Drama !
If the allegations are true, this lie has survived for over 75 yrs. Buddhism has successfully spread to the western countries due to the political situation of Tibet, with the Dalai Lama and many highly attained Lamas residing outside of Tibet and India. Hence many people are benefitting from the the Buddha's teachings in these situations.
If the allegations are not true, I just hope that this is not just another stunt to create more rift between the Muslims and the Buddhists( that Dalai Lama was a Muslim boy) Whoever we are, whatever color we are, whatever religions we believe in are only labels. Spirituality in all forms should reduce differentiation and biasness and promote peace and happiness.

I have to disagree that the dharma is really a drama; really politics, which is what is being played by the people who chose the Dalai Lama and the others that insist on blind support of his every act is the drama; it is actually against Buddhism to involve impure samsaric motives in recognizing tulkus or making policy. 
  It is really helpful to notice that the politics of reincarnation cause problems from time to time; no, clearly it will not cause problems between Buddhists and Muslims that the Dalai Lama was from a Muslim family; what causes problems is the consistent denial that the Dalai Lama could be committing wrong activity.  We keep hearing that this is impossible, since the Dalai lama is Chenresig.  Okay, but how can we prove or reasonably  expect people to all believe this?  Why would we constantly expect people to believe this?  I can think that lamas I have met are Buddhas; other people may or may not see them that way; that is okay; we can all have different lamas.  But I think it is very intense politicking that we are expected to say that we believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that any given person is a Buddha; then every single act by this person is explained as perfect, because he is supposed to be a Buddha.
  This is also true in the case of the 5th Dalai Lama; he can have over 7000 Kagyu monks murdered and also have the tulku who arose as Dorje Shugden murdered and force the 10th Karmapa to flee for his life into exile.  Then people will run around saying that the 5th Dalai Lama was a Buddha, without offering any proof.
  Okay, so for tantric view to work, like when Milarepa trusted Marpa to tell him step by step how to get to enlightenment, Milarepa first had to trust Marpa; the goal was also enlightenment, not political gain for Marpa.  Now, no one has convinced me that the 5th Dalai Lama was a Buddha.  He acts completely the opposite of one, so the odds are he wasn't a Buddha, though of course definatively only the Buddhas would know.  So if people want us to trust someone, they need to enter us in a way to trust them; it is too much like 'believe in Jesus or you will go to hell.' "Believe what the Dalai Lama says or you don't believe Chenrezig?"  I always believe Chenresig, but no one has proven to me that the politician is a Chenresig.