Author Topic: Real-Life Vampire Drinks Almost Two Liters of Human Blood a Month  (Read 6530 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Anyone wants to be a vampire? The blood, of course, comes from willing victims. She seems to think it makes her age slower too!

Real-Life Vampire Drinks Almost Two Liters of Human Blood a Month
By Spooky on June 11th, 2013 Category: News
For the past 30 years, real-life vampire Julia Caples has been regularly consuming human blood. Her donors are fellow vampire enthusiasts she meets at her local oddities store, who allow her to suck the blood right from their bodies.

Julia Caples fascination with drinking blood started when she was just 15 years old. During her first kiss, she got the urge to bite her boyfriend. “It was my natural instinct and I liked the taste. I just got an urge and can’t really explain it. It’s never gone away,” she said in an interview with Barcroft Media. ”Needless to say though, he never kissed me again.” The experience definitely sparked her interest in human blood, but she only went crazy for it after meeting her now ex-husband Donald, who shared her passion for vampires and goth lifestyle. They got married in a graveyard, and after saying their vows, they consecrated their love for each other by sharing blood. But when their son Alexi was born, Julia and Donald decided one of them had to stop playing vampire to ensure he had a balanced upbringing. It was Donald who quit drinking blood, so Julia wouldn’t have to. Although they are no longer together, Donald told the press Julia is an amazing mother who would never let her bizarre habits come between her and the kids.

Julia, who also goes by the nickname Dark Rose, says she meets some of her donors online, but makes it clear that she has to meet them in person before sucking their blood. They all have to get their blood tested to make sure they’re not carrying any kind of blood disease. Medical experts say there has been a resurgence of vampirism lately, and Julia herself confirms there are more people secretly drinking blood than anyone can imagine. ”When I feed off of a person and drink their blood I feel stronger and healthier,” she says. ”I know scientifically there’s not a lot nutrition in blood, but maybe there’s some value we haven’t discovered yet.” Drinking blood makes Caples feel beautiful and full of energy, and she believes her aging process is much slower than in people who don’t drink blood.

Her bizarre habit has made Julia very popular with vampire fans around the world, but it has also affected her relationship with her children. Her 24-year-old daughter, Ariel, doesn’t approve of her ways and says that by drinking the blood of others she is by definition a “leech and a parasite”. Caples doesn’t agree, because all of her “victims” want her to do it. Her son Alexi, who is only 11, is disturbed by all the coffins and gothic decorations they have in the house, and said he is beginning to suspect his mother is a vampire. Despite all these problems and the potential health risks, Julia Caples isn’t considering giving up blood sucking.

If you want to see this real-life vampire in action, check out Barcroft TV’s video report on YouTube. I personally thought it was too disturbing to post here.

fruven

Re: Real-Life Vampire Drinks Almost Two Liters of Human Blood a Month
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 05:04:04 PM »
Two points worth mentioning. One, the desire or the urge as she claimed never gone away, seems like a natural desire for any human being for tasty food, snacks, and even addictions to certain kind of food! Meat is of them, coke or any soft drink is another. Her ex-husband drops the blood drinking after their son's birth and it is clearly mentioned that is a habit. Second point is this article is encouraging people to drink blood for youth. It doesn't mention what is her daily diet, what she do for exercise and lifestyle. It is well known a good vegan diet does delay aging. A less stressful and happy environment which makes people live healthier do affect the aging process.

DS Star

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 09:21:18 PM »
Well-said fruven. I agree with your 2 points.

Her desire for blood may seems frightening and gory, but to certain extent it is no different from our attachment to food and other thing like addiction to gambling.

All these projections are all in our mind... example: we willingly accept that eating meat is normal, but to some this is frightening... especially when the dish is served in original shape like suckling pig or the fish dish in Chinese restaurants.  We said it is frightening to see the whole body suckling pig but then eating pork stew or chicken chop is no different actually. All these animals had to be slaughtered before they are prepared and served.

I totally agree with your 2nd point. Yes it is very misleading. The article only focused on her blood drinking habit and her claims of the so-called 'good' effect for her. The fact is, the seemingly slow aging for Julia could be due to many factors. It is very irresponsible for the writer not to provide other information because this article could become a promotion to encourage people to drink blood to slow down aging process.

Q

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 05:04:28 PM »
I'm not too surprised to read this news... There are many forums other there for people that's into Goth and also very active forums for Vampire fans. Some of these people claim that they can not only absorb energy from drinking blood, but also from people's emotions. Some people feel 'recharged' from being around people that possess anger/sadness/laughter etc. It's weird, but it's like any attachment there is in this world, you can't compare and say this attachment is worst than the other... all attachments prevents us from enlightenment thus they are all undesirable.

Big Uncle

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 03:56:58 PM »
I'm not too surprised to read this news... There are many forums other there for people that's into Goth and also very active forums for Vampire fans. Some of these people claim that they can not only absorb energy from drinking blood, but also from people's emotions. Some people feel 'recharged' from being around people that possess anger/sadness/laughter etc. It's weird, but it's like any attachment there is in this world, you can't compare and say this attachment is worst than the other... all attachments prevents us from enlightenment thus they are all undesirable.

Dear Q,

You pointed a very interesting point about absorbing energy from their host. I find that interesting and a little bizarre. However, I think people who are into Goth and vampirism are basically society's misfits for whatever reasons. Their inability to conform to society make them revel in the bizarre and many of them find comfort in being different. It is perhaps their warped sense of seeking happiness and fulfilment. I am not here to judge but I do think that many of such misfits in society are seeking some sort of belonging that they never had and they choose to dwell in the bizarre in a sort of safety net.

Perhaps, due to past trauma or a scarred childhood of how they view themselves have colored their self image and compel them to seek pleasure in something like vampirism and goth because that's how they view themselves. I am venturing into the realm of psychology but I do think there's some sort of connection here. In the end of the day, if this obsession with vampirism and goth could just be an elaborate distraction of facing a past trauma or a deep-seated fear, then it is a major hindrance of letting go and engaging in it could deepen the insecurity, the fears and the trauma. In other words, it could prevent us from facing ourselves. That's just how I see this.

brian

• Email
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 04:34:44 PM »
I think this is horrible to believe into claims that by drinking blood, one can prolonged the life or prolong her aging process. I don't think this has any scientific proof nor does it really work. What i do want to question is that maybe there are something that she does take during her course of life that wasn't included in the report/article. Probably some other items that she has been taking unknowingly delayed her aging process. Perhaps, why would i want to believe claims from someone who drinks blood from another being everyday? I have heard bizarre stories in the past and this one is one of them.

Q

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 05:34:31 PM »

Dear Q,

You pointed a very interesting point about absorbing energy from their host. I find that interesting and a little bizarre. However, I think people who are into Goth and vampirism are basically society's misfits for whatever reasons. Their inability to conform to society make them revel in the bizarre and many of them find comfort in being different. It is perhaps their warped sense of seeking happiness and fulfilment. I am not here to judge but I do think that many of such misfits in society are seeking some sort of belonging that they never had and they choose to dwell in the bizarre in a sort of safety net.

Perhaps, due to past trauma or a scarred childhood of how they view themselves have colored their self image and compel them to seek pleasure in something like vampirism and goth because that's how they view themselves. I am venturing into the realm of psychology but I do think there's some sort of connection here. In the end of the day, if this obsession with vampirism and goth could just be an elaborate distraction of facing a past trauma or a deep-seated fear, then it is a major hindrance of letting go and engaging in it could deepen the insecurity, the fears and the trauma. In other words, it could prevent us from facing ourselves. That's just how I see this.

I suppose there is some kind of trauma in their past childhood that led them somehow to believe that they have some inhuman 'power' of absorbing energy and recharging themselves. Perhaps they feel this is a way that's very empowering for them.

Though it is strange that one would resort to such psychological condition... if one 'feeds' of a person's fear, feel recharged and feel good about it... I think it's just like rejoicing about the fact that another person is experiencing such emotions. Don't sound too good to me as a Buddhist lol... We should take away people's pain and fears, not rejoice or take advantage of it.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 10:13:24 AM »
Sounds like this is a psychological disorder - an unhealthy habit. As for the phenomenon of the slowing of aging - who is to say that she is genetically gifted with a youthful demeanor? I know plenty of people who look younger than their age - some because of their diet, some because of their health or exercise regimen and some because they are just damn lucky! Good genes!

I think she just likes the idea of drinking blood - and that it makes her feel good. There is no sound basis to it. I believe that the Chinese who seem to attribute all sorts of incredible (and sometimes unsubstantiated) health benefits to bear bile and rhino horn etc, if there was any kind of benefit from consuming human blood, it would have been stated there and the Emperors of old would have indulged in it as a youth elixir.

I feel sorry for her kids.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

hope rainbow

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 01:17:45 PM »
Well, it is not advisable for Julia's boyfriend to eat an aglio-olio pasta or wear a cross, nor have mirrors around the house...
No, no, these are not ridiculous statements, well not more nor less than saying that drinking blood stops the aging process.
If drinking blood did such a thing, we'd all be on it for centuries...
But no... for nothing can stop the aging process, that is the nature of a... process...
Well, maybe only one thing can stop the aging process: death.
After death, the process does not stop though, it is no more called aging process, it is called decaying process.
We are a process, we live in a process, we can't stop it, what a strange thought to develop actually...
But what we can do is orientate this process, we can drive it up or drive it down, that is what we can do.
But we can't stop it, if we could, then it would mean that it never started, and there would be nothing at all...
My thoughts

Positive Change

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 01:22:31 PM »
I would not be too sure about the positive effects of drinking blood anyway...

Blood is supposed to be flowing in blood vessels, not in the stomach and colon. Well, that is what my logical mind tells me.

What I know is (1) that blood is naturally rich in iron (because iron plays a capital role in carrying the oxygen from the lungs), and (2) that our body does not get rid of iron easily, nor in any fast manner, thus (3) one could run the risk of an iron overdose with the consumption of too much iron by daily blood drinking?

I am not a doctor, but I would very much ask that question to a doctor.

In any case, if anyone wants to stop the aging process, I would suggest first to STOP thinking that the aging process can be stopped, then, I would suggest you get about a daily routine of exercise, you watch your diet, your watch your stress level and develop a regular sleeping routine, and perhaps even you give up on drinking blood also, but that’s totally optional.

Ultimately, if you really want to look good and age gracefully, this is the infallible method: you start caring for others, making sure they look good and age gracefully.

Some people call this method karma.

hope rainbow

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 01:25:48 PM »
7 ways people behave like vampires:

1. aversion to garlic
2. biting mad
3. hatred of mirrors
4. a thirst for blood
5. "count" Dracula
6. flaunting fangs
7. scorched by sunlight

more info here:
http://www.livescience.com/6634-7-strange-ways-humans-act-vampires.html

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 01:19:56 PM »
I would not be too sure about the positive effects of drinking blood anyway...

Blood is supposed to be flowing in blood vessels, not in the stomach and colon. Well, that is what my logical mind tells me.

What I know is (1) that blood is naturally rich in iron (because iron plays a capital role in carrying the oxygen from the lungs), and (2) that our body does not get rid of iron easily, nor in any fast manner, thus (3) one could run the risk of an iron overdose with the consumption of too much iron by daily blood drinking?

I am not a doctor, but I would very much ask that question to a doctor.

In any case, if anyone wants to stop the aging process, I would suggest first to STOP thinking that the aging process can be stopped, then, I would suggest you get about a daily routine of exercise, you watch your diet, your watch your stress level and develop a regular sleeping routine, and perhaps even you give up on drinking blood also, but that’s totally optional.

Ultimately, if you really want to look good and age gracefully, this is the infallible method: you start caring for others, making sure they look good and age gracefully.

Some people call this method karma.

Since my post earlier, someone told me that some Chinese DO eat blood but not human blood. I was told some Chinese delicacies have like congealed pigs or chicken blood.. which sounds so ewwww.. and NOT just because I'm vegetarian!!!

Anyway i do agree with you that the first thing is to stop thinking you can stop aging. In fact that fear of aging is our worst enemy... especially for women, who have a billion dollar industry dedicated to the illusion that we can slow down the aging process with a smorgasbord of lotions and potions and nips and tucks.. all to look younger.. and i must ask.. for what? To attract a mate? To feel better about ourselves? To make us more attractive? Liked?

The most beautiful people are those who are kind and caring. Real beauty really does come from within... and no amount of manufacturing can create it.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

fruven

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 05:59:27 PM »
I think this is horrible to believe into claims that by drinking blood, one can prolonged the life or prolong her aging process. I don't think this has any scientific proof nor does it really work. What i do want to question is that maybe there are something that she does take during her course of life that wasn't included in the report/article. Probably some other items that she has been taking unknowingly delayed her aging process. Perhaps, why would i want to believe claims from someone who drinks blood from another being everyday? I have heard bizarre stories in the past and this one is one of them.

It is worth mentioning that in some cultures it is very common that organs, body parts, liquids from animals are taken for vitality and long life reason. Even in the medicines herbs are mixed with dry parts and extracts from animals. It is not definite that our time of death is confirmed and sooner or later our age will catch up with our look. Unknowingly we create the karma for shorter life and body sickness in future lives by taking the live of others.

One needs to note that the environment do affect us who live in it. Pollution and contamination from indiscriminate waste handling from industry and household without a long term permanent solution will definitely affect our body because chemicals byproducts are not easily contained. It just doesn't simply go away.