Author Topic: Dorje Shugden statue at Kopan Monastery  (Read 12991 times)

emptymountains

Dorje Shugden statue at Kopan Monastery
« on: March 28, 2009, 11:38:34 PM »

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
Re: Dorje Shugden statue at Kopan Monastery
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 09:15:44 PM »
Lama Yeshe definitely was very devoted to Dorje Shugden. His current incarnation Lama Osel, has disrobed, left Sera and staying in Ibizia, Spain with his girlfreind. Lama Osel's brother also left Sera.

Lama Osel is definitely attained just as his predecessor Lama Yeshe, but he is unable to manifest his dharma work at this time. I feel if FPMT would allow Lama Osel to start up his practices as in his previous lives, then he will be able to manifest again. It would be like water on a dry seed and it starts to germinate. All that Lama Yeshe did in his previous lives cannot just disappear. His attainments cannot disappear, so hence, it takes something to trigger this off in the current incarnation of Lama Osel.

Whatever Lama Osel does, I feel it is a teaching to FPMT whose many centres around the world have chosen to forget their lineage lama's practices. Since Lama Yeshe practiced Dorje Shugden, so should his disciples as hundreds of them did in the past. They should continue his lineage and practice irregardless of what HH the Dalai Lama says. HH has his own reasons for what he is doing. So by practicing Dorje Shugden it doesn't show disrespect to HHDL. Because by stopping this practice, FPMT show great disrespect to Lama Yeshe and all that he stood for.

This statue of Dorje Shugden is a testimony to Lama Yeshe's great devotions to Dorje Shugden throughout his life.  Lama Yeshe was such a kind, humane and skillful teacher. He is the embodiment of the deity Dorje Shugden that he trusted so much till the end. You are what you pray to. It is wonderful to see this holy picture of Lama Yeshe's personal Dharma Protector. I thank this website for posting it. I will download and print out and keep.  :) :) :) :)

I hope so much Lama Osel will manifest his enlightened actions quickly. We hear nothing of him in any of the FPMT websites anymore. :( It is as if he doesn't exist anymore. I don't think that is correct. He is the incarnate founder of FPMT worldwide.

hope rainbow

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 05:52:22 PM »
I found this update about Lama Osel, it dates back from July 2011:

http://www.mandalamagazine.org/2011/lama-osel-at-kopan/

Kopan Monastery, Nepal — July 17, 2011

From Ven. Roger:

Osel arrived at Kopan on Monday morning to see Lama Lhundrup and stayed one week. It had been 12 years since Osel was last at Kopan. Osel recognized a lot of the older monks immediately and there was a really good connection. It didn’t seem to matter in the least that he was now a lay person and dressed cool!

Osel is on the floor, flat on his back beside my desk, thinking about Rinpoche’s request to give a talk to all the Kopan monks and wearing a chuba (Rinpoche had one made for him). He says he doesn’t like to be pushed or pressured into doing things but it seems he is in the process of coming to terms with Rinpoche’s request although it appears hard. In the end he does give the talk. All the monks are present as well as Lama Lhundrup (a huge effort to come to this, his cancer is quite advanced) and Rinpoche. Rinpoche gave a short talk  first, and then asked Osel to speak. Osel gave the talk in Tibetan (very good Tibetan). He gave “modern” advice and the monks gave a very warm response. They seem to want more! Osel said he was more than happy with his visit to Kopan. It was, “More than perfect,” he said!

Osel had discussions with Rinpoche about Essential Education (formerly Universal Education). He is quite involved, very interested and will be making a video of the upcoming Essential Education event in France. Rinpoche wanted the name changed to Essential Wisdom, Osel wanted “education” in the name. Lots of discussion. The next day Osel said, “How about Universal Wisdom Education and we can call it, ‘U WE.’  ‘U’ and ‘WE,’ get it!?” Alison Murdoch, director of Essential Education, was very happy with the news.

It was an inspiring visit and made a lot of people happy.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 06:10:01 PM »
Thank you Hope Rainbow for the update. It is good to hear that Lama Osel went back to Kopan and he is still in touch with his monks. He is one way or another still spreading Buddhism but in a modern way. We may not see him like his glorious predecessor, Lama Yeshe, but his way attracts a different kind of crowd. Maybe this is his path this life. I am not in a position to judge, but I take this is good news.

hope rainbow

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 06:50:35 PM »
I found 3 pictures of that event on Osel Hita's facebook page.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 07:40:11 AM »
That is really wonderful to see that despite what has happened, Lama Osel is indeed the correct reincarnation unlike what most people who are disheartened by his current manifestation would like to believe. Maybe this is the start of a new trend for the current generation of tulkus: to use pop culture to attract and draw in people that would normally not be attracted to the Dharma to Buddhism.

Neverthenless, Lama Osel would benefit more people if he manifested as a lama back in FPMT and continue the Maitreya project and make it a reality. However, as mountains has pointed out, that wont happen unless FPMT goes back to supporting Lama Yeshe's practice.

Big Uncle

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 10:28:12 AM »
Lama Yeshe definitely was very devoted to Dorje Shugden. His current incarnation Lama Osel, has disrobed, left Sera and staying in Ibizia, Spain with his girlfreind. Lama Osel's brother also left Sera.

Lama Osel is definitely attained just as his predecessor Lama Yeshe, but he is unable to manifest his dharma work at this time. I feel if FPMT would allow Lama Osel to start up his practices as in his previous lives, then he will be able to manifest again. It would be like water on a dry seed and it starts to germinate. All that Lama Yeshe did in his previous lives cannot just disappear. His attainments cannot disappear, so hence, it takes something to trigger this off in the current incarnation of Lama Osel.

Whatever Lama Osel does, I feel it is a teaching to FPMT whose many centres around the world have chosen to forget their lineage lama's practices. Since Lama Yeshe practiced Dorje Shugden, so should his disciples as hundreds of them did in the past. They should continue his lineage and practice irregardless of what HH the Dalai Lama says. HH has his own reasons for what he is doing. So by practicing Dorje Shugden it doesn't show disrespect to HHDL. Because by stopping this practice, FPMT show great disrespect to Lama Yeshe and all that he stood for.

This statue of Dorje Shugden is a testimony to Lama Yeshe's great devotions to Dorje Shugden throughout his life.  Lama Yeshe was such a kind, humane and skillful teacher. He is the embodiment of the deity Dorje Shugden that he trusted so much till the end. You are what you pray to. It is wonderful to see this holy picture of Lama Yeshe's personal Dharma Protector. I thank this website for posting it. I will download and print out and keep.  :) :) :) :)

I hope so much Lama Osel will manifest his enlightened actions quickly. We hear nothing of him in any of the FPMT websites anymore. :( It is as if he doesn't exist anymore. I don't think that is correct. He is the incarnate founder of FPMT worldwide.

This is indeed very sad and I am sure many of his previous lives' students must be sorely disturbed and deeply saddened by this turn of events. The world needs more Dharma teachers especially one that is as charismatic and as skillful as Lama Yeshe. I believe Lama Osel has that potential to become as great or perhaps even greater because he is one of the few Tulkus who have chosen to take rebirth in the West.

I rejoice that he has begun his teaching career once more and I believe he would do much more. I also believe in what mountains have said and because of that, I believe he would do even much more once the ban has been lifted or once FPMT does something drastic like continuing the practice. However, it would take special courage for these students. So, it takes courage to make a difference and what a difference it would make if Lama Osel really turns around to become a great teacher like his predecessor.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 02:08:37 PM »
I can't help but compare the current Trijang Dorje Chang, who despite all difficulties and adversities chose to upkeep his relationship with Dorje Shugden, yes he has given back his monk vows and taken on a consort but his dharma activity is growing by the day.

Then we have the current incarnation of Lama Yeshe, who is supposed to helm the current FPMT and also increase the dharma activities and the organisation but due to incorrect advise perhaps. So Is Lama Osel doing what he was doing in his previous life which is become a great master and teacher of the dharma that is not very obvious in my observation.

triesa

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 03:10:04 PM »
I can't help but compare the current Trijang Dorje Chang, who despite all difficulties and adversities chose to upkeep his relationship with Dorje Shugden, yes he has given back his monk vows and taken on a consort but his dharma activity is growing by the day.

Then we have the current incarnation of Lama Yeshe, who is supposed to helm the current FPMT and also increase the dharma activities and the organisation but due to incorrect advise perhaps. So Is Lama Osel doing what he was doing in his previous life which is become a great master and teacher of the dharma that is not very obvious in my observation.

Whatever Lama Osel is doing now is also impermanent, the fact that he went to visit Kopan Monastery in June last year was clearly a good sign, on top of that, he re-established good connections with the monks in Kopan and gave a short teachings to the Kopan monks there. All this is truely good.

Of course, this is nothing compared to what he could have been doing in FPMT. If only his students in FPMT stop mixing politics in religion and follow what has been practised by Lama Osel and his previous incarnate Lama Yeshe, let the founder continue his Dorje Shugden's practice and lineage, then Lama Osel can resume the activities like his previous incarnate, by being a great Dharma teacher and resume his teaching role.

How beneficial that can be!!!

May the ban be lifted soon, May the name of Dorje Shugden be cleared, and May all high lamas be able to carry on what they are supposed to do in their incarnations. 

Galen

• Email
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 05:51:42 PM »
Yes, maybe the very reason Lama Osel is not doing what he is suppose to be doing and be the great teacher he was in his previous life is simply because FPMT does not allow him to practice Dorje Shugden. This may be the very reason he disrobed. FPMT could change the situation maybe by changing their views on Dorje Shugden and start to be the force for the ban to be lifted. Yes, it would make the CTA very unhappy but it is for the bigger picture. After all, religion and politics should not mix.

And do you think the current head of FPMT, Lama Zopa, does not practice Dorje Shugden? Since Lama Zopa got his Dorje Shugden initiation from Trijang Rinpoche and also he recently was found doing prayers at Trijang Rinpoche's stupa.

All it takes is for Lama Zopa to uphold the teachings he received from Trijang Rinpoche and this may change the course of Lama Osel's life in the monastery.

Easier said than done, but worth a try.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 03:40:26 AM »

Yes Dharmadefender, it is in the blood and spirit of all Gaden lamas, monks and laymen under the tutelage and blessings of the previous Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang that these lamas, monks and laymen will have very close bond with Je Tsongkhapa's teachings and uttermost respect for Dorje Shugden.

We have heard many stories of how monks upkeep their daily commitments to their Guru (Trijang Rinpoche) and Dorje Shugden despite what the CTA has imposed on them. It is  not only heart warming but also encouraging to see the maximum effect of the monks' guru devotion and their faith towards the sacred protector.

When I read Osel's story, this confirmed in me that the blessings of our guru are so great that if we are in a new body, we will still find ourselves coming back to our previous spiritual path regardless of our new color, race or orientation. Such is the power of the Buddha Dharma. So much so in the grand golden lineage of Je Tsongkhapa!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

pgdharma

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 06:50:55 AM »
It is good to hear that Lama Osel visited Kopan Monastery in June last year and he gave a talk to the monks there. He may have given up his monks vows, but he is still spreading the dharma in his own way, the "modern way" which received very warm response. The visit is very inspiring and gave hope to a lot of people.

Despite all the difficulties and adversities, Lama Osel has not given up what he is supposed to do. However, I believe that he will do even more and continue what he was doing like his previous life when the ban is lifted.

May the ban be lifted soon so that great Masters like Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche and Lama Osel can carry out what they are supposed to do in this present incarnation.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »
Thanks triesa for alerting that he visited Kopan Monastery and gave some short teachings that is very interesting. I really do hope no matter what Lama Osel will do the dharma strongly, the world loses spiritual masters all the time as we are in the degenerate age, some masters just stay in the pure lands as the beings able to practise and master the teachings are getting much less in this age.

I do believe the current Lama Osel is the unmistaken incarnation of Lama Yeshe it would be truly a great waste if he does not manifest his great dharma potential.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 03:02:31 PM »
Lama Osel is indeed Lama Yeshe, but he cannot manifest it properly due to the behavior of his students who has create the causes to push their lama away. How can people go "I love and support our lama, i want him to come back and teach us" on one side and then destroy his work, his practice and make a mockery of his teachings and center by deriding his main protector practice just because HHDL said so?

If we're supposed to see our Guru as the Buddha, why do we let another Buddha override our Buddha's instructions? That is illogical and funny at the same time. How to get attainments from HYT? How to even get attainments from the core teachings if we easily let the focus to our Lama be distracted and removed? I guess that is why we don't see anyone from FPMT become acclaimed teachers.

But of course, Osel will just find other ways to spread the Dharma if FPMT does not want him. I heard he is currently working together with Gomo Tulku to create films and music that have hidden Dharma messages in them. This is just like what Chongyam Trungpa did. There seems to be a trend nowadays where younger tulkus tend to be more engaged in today's hedonistic culture. Osel may not be able to manifest in a traditional form, but he will somehow find his way.

But the sad part of it all is that FPMT did not lend their support to Osel at all as if he was nobody. But problem is they are to blame for this in the first place and they should clean up their act before things get worse. Its not just for Osel's sake but also for FMPT centers around the world if they do not wish to become just a empty gathering places for people with no Dharma inside.

dsiluvu

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
Beautiful pictures of Osel!

I do hope FPMT realises the heavy repercussion they face for discarding their root guru's (Lama Yeshe's) statue... even if you don't think the statue is holy but they are holy relics inside them...

I also do hope from the string of unfortunate events happening to FPMT esp on Lama Zopa's health will hopefully wake the students around the world to stop the discrimination of other Lamas, centres and people practising Dorje Shugden. If really DS was bad and a demon the why go to Phelgye Ling Monastery to request them to do Dorje Shugden puja for Lama Zopa's health? Sad for their broken samaya... http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1823.0

I am definitely sure that even though Osel may not return to Kopan/FPMT he will find other ways to benefit the world. These highly attained Lamas are Boddhisattvas and they will continue to benefit others in many different and skillful way... perhaps it is better this way... now Osel reaches out to a whole new different market and people that would otherwise not ever go to a typical monastery/Buddhism. I see it positively!