Author Topic: Dalai Lama's Black Magic  (Read 30363 times)

Tenzin Gyatso

Re: Dalai Lama's Black Magic
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 06:49:50 AM »
Fret not. No one can defame a sublime being like HHDL. He is above it all and those who follow him cannot be shaken by childish articles.

We are lucky as we get to see HHDL in Dharamsala. Often times he is driven by and we get glimpses. Amazing what that'll do for you for the rest of the day.

Namgyal Monastery and all the institutions under HHDL are all very blessed to be in such close proximity to a such a Mahatma such as HHDL.

I don't enjoy the cold here, but HHDL sure warms me up. ;)

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 08:43:28 AM »
Fret not. No one can defame a sublime being like HHDL. He is above it all and those who follow him cannot be shaken by childish articles.

We are lucky as we get to see HHDL in Dharamsala. Often times he is driven by and we get glimpses. Amazing what that'll do for you for the rest of the day.

Namgyal Monastery and all the institutions under HHDL are all very blessed to be in such close proximity to a such a Mahatma such as HHDL.

I don't enjoy the cold here, but HHDL sure warms me up. ;)

It may not shake the Dalai Lama, but it can certainly shake the faiths of those who are ignorant of the Dalai Lama and those whose minds are weak. It is not the Dalai Lama that we should be worried about but those with weak faiths and minds that we should be worried about. They need love and help too and spiritual help for sure despite their misgivings and misconceptions. That is why we have to know how to address this kind of articles without sounding too fanatical.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 08:55:38 AM »
Dear Ensapa,

You are right. Nothing can shake HHDL. He is otherworldly and super-worldly already. He is really an advanced meditation master of the highest degree.

His students and others students due to karma can by iffy. ;)

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 12:17:58 PM »
It is true that the believers can lose faith by reading all these articles. But the will lose faith because of their weak minds, which is in other words be because of their negative karma catching up to them to cause them to lose their faith.

If they have a strong mind and generate merits while they learn dharma, I believe that all these words/articles would mean nothing at all to them.

If they say that HH Dalai Lama does black magic, it would also mean that karma does not exist. Then in that case what is taught for thousands of years by the Buddha would be wrong, our ancestors would be wrong. Then what more do we need to practice.

I believe that karma would always exist. Hence, I highly doubt and do not believe that DL practices black magic. Otherwise, he would also be harmed by black magic.

brian

• Email
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 05:07:01 PM »
I  agree, why would Dalai Lama practices black magic? He is Chenrizig and do not need to do black magic to 'dispel' any beings. For me Dalai Lama (regarded as Chenrizig and i believe He is) do not need to practise black magic. The attainments and practices that Dalai Lama has obtained is complete thanks to Dalai Lama's tutors and do not need to invoke a particular black magic. Furthermore, i do not believe Dalai Lama would harm anyone. Why would a Buddha want to harm a particular being and add on to that, why would He need to harm a particular being by using black magic.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 07:46:34 AM »
Dear Ensapa,

You are right. Nothing can shake HHDL. He is otherworldly and super-worldly already. He is really an advanced meditation master of the highest degree.

His students and others students due to karma can by iffy. ;)

But if his students are misbehaving, wouldnt it shorten the Dalai Lama's life? then why not try and educate them so that the Dalai Lama can truly live long? Else, his days are numbered due to the huge amount of broken samaya that they generate. they say that the students reflect the Guru, so if his students are iffy, then isnt the Guru iffy as well? perhaps someone should remind them that they should really play their part as the Dalai Lama's students in more ways than one.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 11:45:50 AM »
Everyone would have karma effects in a way or another. Not all will notice it, but definitely there will be ways that karma would get to us. Even if it is for DL.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 05:12:23 AM »
It is true that the believers can lose faith by reading all these articles. But the will lose faith because of their weak minds, which is in other words be because of their negative karma catching up to them to cause them to lose their faith.

If they have a strong mind and generate merits while they learn dharma, I believe that all these words/articles would mean nothing at all to them.

If they say that HH Dalai Lama does black magic, it would also mean that karma does not exist. Then in that case what is taught for thousands of years by the Buddha would be wrong, our ancestors would be wrong. Then what more do we need to practice.

I believe that karma would always exist. Hence, I highly doubt and do not believe that DL practices black magic. Otherwise, he would also be harmed by black magic.

Then again, people with fickle minds outweigh the ones that have stable minds, and that is a problem by itself. The majority of the people around will flip at the smallest of rumors. Tibetan Buddhism being a mysterious subject that is difficult for someone with a simple mind to understand does not help much either. So any 'leads' at all that is being spread to the public would be easily believed as people would only see things on the surface compared to really investigating them. Therefore, as tibetan Buddhists we have to clear up these misconceptions.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 10:33:51 PM »
Then again, people with fickle minds outweigh the ones that have stable minds, and that is a problem by itself. The majority of the people around will flip at the smallest of rumors. Tibetan Buddhism being a mysterious subject that is difficult for someone with a simple mind to understand does not help much either. So any 'leads' at all that is being spread to the public would be easily believed as people would only see things on the surface compared to really investigating them. Therefore, as tibetan Buddhists we have to clear up these misconceptions.

It is correct that we as practitioners would have to clear these misconceptions. That is why this website is so beneficial, because there are so many people that do not understand things but they will be able to make a stronger stand on what they believe based on articles, and forum readings. They will also be able to understand more by reading up on articles online. If they are hardworking and not lazy, they will benefit, but if the are lazy and are not willing to read, then it is their lost.

Things that can be done is very limited. Having a website available is the best way to reach out already as it can reach out to a few millions at a go, but having person to person communication, although might be more effective, but the number of people that can be reached is much lesser.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 05:32:03 AM »
It is correct that we as practitioners would have to clear these misconceptions. That is why this website is so beneficial, because there are so many people that do not understand things but they will be able to make a stronger stand on what they believe based on articles, and forum readings. They will also be able to understand more by reading up on articles online. If they are hardworking and not lazy, they will benefit, but if the are lazy and are not willing to read, then it is their lost.

Things that can be done is very limited. Having a website available is the best way to reach out already as it can reach out to a few millions at a go, but having person to person communication, although might be more effective, but the number of people that can be reached is much lesser.

I think we need to remember about something here that for every person who is not willing to read, there are many others that will be willing to read up on this information and they will wanna learn about the truth more, and the lies of people who are not willing to read will not go through to them simply because they know better already. So i'd say that we should aim for the bigger picture and the bigger goal rather than for just what we can see in front of us. The articles are for those who want to learn the truth anyway.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2013, 06:58:09 PM »
Well said Ensapa, information that can be passed around is just so limited. Even if for those who are not willing to read, and if they are pro-Dalai Lama, they would not even listen to those who want to let them know more about Dorje Shugden because they have already shut their ears when they know that it is a Dorje Shugden practitioner trying to give them a "Dharma talk".

I feel that there are so many differences because it all balls down to our negative karma that would allow or not allow us to move forward in our spiritual path.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2013, 07:11:49 AM »
I wonder, if HHDL and his predecessor did practice black magic, then why didn't they use it against Dorje Shugden? That proves that HHDL and Dorje Shugden are of the same mind, the mind of a Buddha.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »
I wonder, if HHDL and his predecessor did practice black magic, then why didn't they use it against Dorje Shugden? That proves that HHDL and Dorje Shugden are of the same mind, the mind of a Buddha.

Nicely said. If the Dalai Lama really practiced black magic, he would not be considered as an emanation of Buddha at all.This is because he is using actions and some supernatural powers to do things that he might not be able to do so in the first place. And from there he would be getting some negative karma that would allow others to harm him with magic as well, due to the karma that is being opened.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 12:28:01 AM »

That Dorje Shugden is impervious to black magic actually is an indication of the fact that he is a Buddha; those that would use black magic against him would not really succeed, but that really doesn't prove whether the user of black magic is a Buddha or not. 
  Black magic by the definition of praciticing with a worldly motivation wouldn't happen from a Buddha of course, since they always have a perfect motivation.  The appearance of black magic could be performed by an emanation of a Buddha, though, and we might not really be sure if he is a Buddha or not, thus we wouldn't be sure if it were black magic or not.
  For example, on the theory that Milarepa emanated a form that appeared to be not yet awake the lifetime he studied with Marpa, before he met Marpa, Milarepa performed deeds which were seen as non-Buddhst black magic (hailstorms that killed people).  However, if Milarepa was already a Buddha emanating to show us how to have perfect devotion to a lama and acheive Buddhahood in one life, then his act of black magic isn't really black magic, because Buddhas do not really do any act without a perfect motivation.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2013, 10:54:33 PM »
It is just a way to viewing the situation. But even so, for the Dalai Lama to practice black magic is impossible. Why would the Dalai Lama need magic when he is Avalokitesvara? He would not even need the help of magic at all, he is a Buddha he knows what is going on constantly.