Author Topic: Dalai Lama, "son" to Chairman Mao Zedong  (Read 13678 times)

michaela

Re: Dalai Lama, "son" to Chairman Mao Zedong
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 11:47:21 PM »
From the historical references I read, Chairman Mao was kind to HHDL during his trip to China.  But again the reason why HHDL was in China at all because the Chinese forced him to be there.  HHDL has endured great hardship during the trip.  And Chairman Mao inserted some insults here and there during HHDL visits and gave a lot of indications that he has no respect for Buddhist religion at all although his mount talk sweet words.

I think Chairman Mao was just acting like another astute politician toward his prey.

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 10:19:26 AM »
From my understanding of karma and impermanence, I see HH’s statement is a new action of speech that creates a new course of effects. The historical relationship between Tibet and China used to be very close and healthy with emperors Like Kanxi embracing the Doctrine of Lama Tsongkapa. Then, things took a different turn in the 20th century as tension grew between the two nations that ended in bloodshed. Once again, the time for change has come and the recent actions of the Dalai Lama such as retiring from His political role and this statement are triggers to cause change.

The recent events related to the stance HH is taking on political matters related to China and Dorje Shugden reveals that the time for the ban to lift has come. The ban has served its purpose and those involved has let their karma run its course within the confines of a stimulated controversy.  It is said that the effects of our karma must manifest, even the Buddha cannot protect us from our karma. However, what the blessing of the 3 Jewel can do is contain/confine the extent to which our negative karma will take its course. For example, if we have the karma to fall and break a leg, with the protection of the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha, we may just fracture our leg. Thus, perhaps it is inevitable that Tibetans’ collective karma is such that they will go through great suffering. So HH manufactured and monitors a situation whereby this karma can run its course and, as He got the ball rolling…He can also put an end to it. 

Tibet has been a part of China for so many years, the generation of Tibetans who knew and view Tibet as an independent nation is dying. At the same time, a new generation of Tibetans with weaker attachment to the sentiment of an independent Tibet is arising because they grew up with the education that Tibet is a part of China. With this, the need for a Tibetan government becomes redundant causing the recent change of the TGIE’s role to an administration. With the above taking place (i.e. no more need for a government), the mix of politics and spirituality will naturally disappear. So, to let break the news gently to His people and to give them a chance of having a stable and peaceful life, HH is making this “friendly” statement for the Tibetans who are still plagued by vengeful thoughts, emotions and actions.

Lastly, as Michaela pointed out, I read in an article some years ago that the Chairman made sarcastic statements towards and about HH during HH’s visit to China. The great compassion of HH caused him to choose to look at the Chairman is a positive light. This reminds me of the 8 verses of mind transformation: When others out of jealousy mistreat me with abuse, slander and so on, I will practice accepting defeat and offering the victory to them.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 07:51:04 AM »
It is sad to note that after 3 years, whatever causes that HH Dalai Lama wished to create for the return of Tibetans in exile to their motherland has not been effective.

Sometimes it is very difficult not to relate the political failure of CTA with the Shugden Ban.  Is the Ban a tool to divert Tibetans' attention to internal disharmony and segregation and CTA does not need to deal with a discontented citizens who need answers after 50 long years.

It is very difficult to interlink religion and politics and for now that is what is happening.  Dialogue is needed in all directions.  With China and with Shugdenpas.  Let us get going and not hide.

prodorjeshugden

• Email
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 02:32:52 PM »
Isn't Mao Zhedong the one who ordered the shelling of the Potala palace?  Mao treats the Dalai Lama very well but how does he treat other monks? He destroyed many monasteries in Tibet and burned and laid waste to many precious Buddhist texts and relics. If he can treat the Dalai Lama like a king why is it that he can't respect monks?

Jason Statham

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 05:44:19 PM »
I am actually quite surprised about this news and it is very true that the Dalai Lama never fails to surprise us. Just a few days ago, I read upon another article saying that the 14th Dalai Lama had killed Mao Zedong. Now I'm confused and I thought to myself: "Was Mao Zedong such a close friend to the 14th Dalai Lama? I thought they were enemies or something else. If the Dalai Lama were such good friends with Mao Zedong, why are there so many bad comments given to Chinese people by the Tibetans? Guess we can't really proof that the Dalai Lama is lying as Mao Zedong is already long dead. I can't wait for new news about lifting the DS ban to come forward. Thank you for reading.

grandmapele

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 07:44:30 AM »
I be kind to who ever is kind to me. I be kind to who ever sponsors me. I be............. After that meeting, many, many years later, China is evil. Is not the Dalai Lama the emanation of Chenrezig? with clairvoyance in tow? and with the past, present and future in full sight? Is he not the adept politician being able to charm world leaders?