Author Topic: Isn't this cruel? Frog served alive at Japanese restaurant  (Read 33401 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Isn't this cruel? Frog served alive at Japanese restaurant
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 07:37:33 AM »
Here are more examples of cruel Japanese cuisine

?????? (The roasting whole dish of an octopus.) 1/2

An octopus being roasted alive. you can see how he's struggling hard to run away but the group of people held him to the grill until it gave up and you can see its soulful eyes, asking why do this to me and pleading to be spared but to no avail as the japanese are amused by the octopus's reaction.

Shocking!?"Living cuttlefish bowl" ?? ?? ??????

Dancing cuttlefish rice: The head of the cuttlefish is cut off, leaving only the brain stem of the cuttlefish and its tentacles. This part is placed on top of a bowl of rice, and diners would splash the tentacles with soy sauce wich will cause the tentacles to write in pain.

I wonder how many beings have died in this way due to such cruel eating habits.

DS Star

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2013, 08:38:38 PM »
It is the Ultimate Cruelty

I wasn't thinking too much about it until I watch this video of serving live Frogs as sashimi in this particular Japanese restaurant... it is really inhumane... I really don't know how to describe it.

Gosh... really, how can you eat that meat when the head of the frog (with its upper torso and front legs still intact) was there and the blinking big eyes were looking at you?

The female host just picked up a piece with her chopsticks, dipped in sauce and then ate it...
Miss/Madam, how you can eat the body part of that pair of eyes looking at you? Where is your heart?

She even said it is delicious with a satisfying expression...

(Warning: very very graphic)
Small | Large

STOP TORTURING THE POOR ANIMALS..!

I feel really sad for the poor frogs and also for the people who inflicted such great pains to the frogs: I can't bear to imagine the consequences of their karmas...

Tammy

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 03:45:34 PM »
Eat frogs alive, fry fish alive and eat them when their mouth still move, pour hot water on lamb and cut out the meat while the poor animal suffers.... What happen to us? Insanity to the extreme! Wake up and just stop being cruel.
Down with the BAN!!!

Rihanna

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 05:36:03 PM »
How far can human beings go to satisfy our indulgence ? Eating meat is bad enough, but eating another
sentient being alive is unthinkable. I didn't watch the video, because it will definitely make me sick.
For those who eat the poor frog, I am so sorry for you because you have lost the very essence of human race;
the ability to love and have compassion for others.

Benny

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013, 05:52:05 PM »
These people reminds me of the psychotic killer in the movie " Hannibal " , whereby he drugs his victims first then opens up their skulls and eats their brains while having a nice chat with them over dinner !  So to me , these japanese are just as psychotic and inhumane as killer in the movie , the only difference is that , the japs do it to animals . Nevertheless , there is something really dangerous going on here , imagine if these people continues to relish and enjoy the cruelty to the extent they find that it is the cruelty that they are looking forward to and NOT ONLY freshness.

The whole ideas seems to be on the surface , "the fresher the better " thats how it reached this level of madness , what next ? Keep your next meal so alive that it meows , barks , moos and finally talking ?!! This is not a joke , i have seen a video of japanese culinary cannibals ! They eat human flesh , one chef even cut off his penis and cooked it for his paying customers ! What have mankind come to ?

kris

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 08:21:51 PM »
Yes, please stop torturing the animals :(

However, seeing photos and videos of Japanese serving live animals, I feel that there is no difference between this and getting live seafood from the tank and kill them for food. Even though it may be some slightly less torture, another live is gone.

Seeing these videos make me realize that we should spread vegetarianism even wider to educate our next generation not to kill animals.

Q

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 10:06:16 PM »
Human's desire can never be satisfied... and the more they indulge in their desires the more weird things they engage themselves into...

It is not new news to me... I have read about this before, and I have also seen videos of where Chinese chefs would cook fishes alive as they are 'fresh'... so fresh that the fish are still alive even after being deep fried. It's a crazy world... if this is not carnivorous and unethical, then I don't know how else to call this action.

I'm vegan, so obviously I don't support the eating of meat, especially live ones! I hope people will see how cruel it actually is to carry out something like this... 

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 06:15:31 AM »
The worse part is, the people roasting the octopus seems to find it amusing to see how it struggles as it is being grilled alive. Just because it is unable to vocalize its pain does not mean it is not in pain. I would not find another being in suffering and pain amusing in any way!! I feel that it is a very sick thing for anyone to do at all. But in any case, whether or not to torture an animal to death while still alive to enjoy their flesh or enjoying the animal's flesh saying how delicious it is, isnt that different from a perspective that both actions are rejoicing at the death of another being.

whitelion

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 08:39:30 PM »
oh this is too much for me. The human, so called the most intelligent living creatures in the planet earth, that's a lot of thing we can choose to do or not to do. For this is a big no no.
We have a lot of food on earth which can filled our stomach and yet need not to hurt another living beings. Since we are the most intelligent beings on earth, why should we add more suffering to those who are much more lower than us? or those who can't even fight with us ?
I would said this video is more than disgusting, why would we wanna give a small tiny frog a horrible death, and yet eat him alive in front of him? Just because it's a frog doesn't mean he couldn't feel or pain means nothing to them.
By doing this to those who are much more weaker than us, actually show that we human are so so arrogant, because we choose to give pain to others, a wise person will not give other burden but remove burden from others.
It's very unnecessary for this, and I hope whoever doing this will stop their cruel act now.   

lotus1

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 08:42:04 PM »
OMG! This is disgusting seeing this. I’m not sure why people can still eat it when the frog is watching them.
The octopus video is as bad too. Being cook on the hot plate is just like being in the hot hell. Frightening and reminding me for not creating any more bad karma.
I was once eating frog when I went for camping in jungle. Now I am regret and sorry for the actions that I have done. Every being have the right to live and hae no sufferings. May more people be aware of how cruel human can be just to satisfied their taste buds and be vegetarian!

fruven

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2013, 08:30:26 PM »
the biggest justification that most people use when eating meat is that the animals dont feel anything if we kill them. But that is not true as you can see from the bullfrog's eyes that it is suffering from pain that cannot be expressed in words as he sees himself being eaten alive. Killing an animal itself is a very horrible thing to do, but to actually eat them alive is just beyond imagination as why would anyone would want to inflict something like this, just because they think the animals cant feel when they actually can? what sort of pleasure does one derive from this?

You brough up a good point. It is a wrong conclusion to made that animals cannot feel it and perhaps can be proven it court as well! We don't own others' body, of course we cannot feel it. The nerves don't belong to you, how do you feel its pain directly? If you cut someone up of course you cannot feel it directly but you're still going to face sentence in the court if you got caught. Why? Not feeling anything doesn't mean the others are not hurt by your actions done to them. If you harm a mute but he cannot complain about it doesn't made the pain not felt by him. We even said that humans are evolved from animals. Does that mean that animals doesn't feel pain? And after evolution becoming human we can feel pain?

kris

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2013, 07:22:55 PM »
It is definitely cruel, no doubt about it. If someone would say the frog can't feel the pain, it is just plain lying to avoid seeing the truth. Also, it is not just the Japanese who serve food "alive". Indeed there quite a number of "specialties" in China where it is even more cruel.

One of special dishes in China involving opening the skull of a monkey ALIVE, and then pour hot soup into the skull and cook the brain, while the monkey is still alive, and you can imagine how much pain the poor monkey has to suffer :(

Midakpa

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2013, 03:19:51 PM »
Attachment to food and the desire to satisfy one's taste buds can result in this form of cruelty to animals. It is found in many cultures. In cultures where the serving of raw meat is condoned and promoted, it is because they know the taste of raw fresh meat is more delicious than cooked meat. The dish is often given an exotic name that takes one's attention away from the animal that is killed for you. Creating awareness of animal cruelty is necessary to prevent such inhumane treatment of animals. In countries where there are Buddhist communities, Buddhist precepts such as avoiding the killing or harming of animals should be taught. Some non-Buddhist countries are morally advanced in terms of treatment of animals. In India, for example, many Hindus are vegetarians and have a profound respect for animals. Mahatma Gandhi once said, "To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."

bambi

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 03:56:58 PM »
This is really sad to know yet many out there are still eating it like the animals have no feelings. How cruel can one be just to satisfy the hunger. PETA should really create more awareness in Japan. They should bring awareness to the animal loving people.
Educate the people about Dharma as so many of them are creating negative karma that will eventually come back to them.

hope rainbow

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2013, 03:17:41 AM »
We have this choice here, clearly it is a choice.

We can spare the life of the weaker (such as the frog), we can even care for them, we can help their living conditions, we could, in the case of the frog, create a little water pond, we could take the frog to a lake, we could literally be GOD for the frog.
We could be the FROG's GOD!
We can offer a paradise for the frogs!

Yet we could also be the opposite, we have that amazing power to create hell for the frog, we can boil it alive, we can skin it alive, we can eat it alive, we can tear its legs apart while alive, we can torture the frog just for "fun".
We don't need to believe in hell, we actually have the power to create it, so that is how to proof hell if needs be.
Thus we could be the FROG's SATAN!
We could enforce a hell for the frogs!

Regardless of karma.
Let's forget karma for a minute.
Let's forget rebirth even.
Let's just see this with ethics.
Choice #1 alleviate the suffering of another being, choice #2 creates more sufferings, much more for another being.
So what is the ethical choice to make?