Author Topic: Karma and rebirth  (Read 5432 times)

Q

Karma and rebirth
« on: June 06, 2013, 06:40:52 PM »
I came across this video which tells us about karma and rebirth. I have seen many reincarnation videos before, proof that reincarnations exist for example the young boy that remembered his past life whom died during the WW2 as a fighter pilot....

But this case that was explained by Dr Ian is really interesting. He showed a real case about a boy that was reborn and showed a physical karmic effect from his past life.

Very interesting...

Karma and Rebirth in Buddhism by Brian Ruhe - Part 5 Small | Large

Midakpa

Re: Karma and rebirth
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 03:05:54 PM »
This is a very interesting case of a murderer who aspired to be reborn as his brother's son. This aspiration, according to the speaker, probably saved him from going to the lower realms. This is something to think about. A murderer, if at the moment of death, has a positive thought, in this case, to be reborn into the same family, can be saved from a lower rebirth. But no one can escape karma. Unless there is massive purification on the part of the wrongdoer, he will have to experience the results of his actions sooner or later.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 05:38:29 AM »
This is a very interesting account indeed that once again proves that reincarnation exists. Other than this account, there are many other accounts around that come from regression therapy where a trained hypnotists is able to bring the person back to their past lives and most of them has been recorded. With this the reincarnation theory has again and again been proven without any contradictions whatsoever from the Buddhist scriptures. Even with so much proof there are still people who would not want to see that reincarnation is real and does exist, but in the end it still happens no matter whether or not you believe in it or not.

lotus1

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 10:57:35 AM »
Thank you for sharing. This is a very interesting video and case on reincarnation.
There has been a lot of research on the past life and reincarnation. Personally, I like the books and research by Dr Brian Weiss. With all these proves of reincarnations, it makes Buddha’s teaching of karma very logical and always urge us for not doing harm and be good. I once heard that if one takes refuge in Karma, we would do all our best to do good and practice Dharma as we know we will not be able escape from Karma. Scary, yet so true!

pgdharma

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 09:12:14 AM »
Thank you for sharing, Q. This is another proof that reincarnation does exists. What we do impacts our lives, we can’t escape karma.  Knowing that karma follows us like our shadow, we should use this precious human life to do more good. To quote Lama Zopa, “I am the creator of my present life’s karma; I am the creator of this life. I created the karma for my present rebirth in a previous lifetime. Therefore, previous lives exist, and so, by extension, do future ones.”

Knowing that karma and reincarnation exists, we should do more virtuous deeds if we do not want to fall back to the lower realms.

Q

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 03:45:11 PM »
Thank you for sharing. This is a very interesting video and case on reincarnation.
There has been a lot of research on the past life and reincarnation. Personally, I like the books and research by Dr Brian Weiss. With all these proves of reincarnations, it makes Buddha’s teaching of karma very logical and always urge us for not doing harm and be good. I once heard that if one takes refuge in Karma, we would do all our best to do good and practice Dharma as we know we will not be able escape from Karma. Scary, yet so true!

I like reading Dr Brian's books too. But what I found most amazing about Dr Brian is not his ability to do past life regression or even help his patients over come their severe phobias etc... The amazing part is Dr Brian is Christian, and due to his direct experience with reincarnation through his patients... he even believes in it despite his belief system says otherwise. He truly is refreshing compared to the many that believes in creationism lolx

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 10:11:46 AM »
As Buddhist we believe in Karma and rebirth.  How do we ensure that in this present life we can develop the possiblity of a good rebirth in the sense that in our future lives we can live to understand and practise Dharma.

This article is very interesting for our deeper understanding that our future lies in the present.

pinecone

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 02:04:12 PM »
Over the past years. , many scientific researches pertaining to rebirth after death have been performed and evidence revealed that there is reincarnation after death. From Buddhist point of view, one will eventually seek immediate rebirth after death . Death is the end of one chapter and thereafter followed by the commencement of the next chapter which solely depends on the karma arising at that moment of time. We cannot know what karma has been accumulated by us in the past lives, therefore, in order to be reborn in a higher realm and not fall to the lower realm, we have to strive to do virtuous deeds and aware of the cause and  effect of our body speech and mind.