Author Topic: Mermaids - do they really exist?  (Read 12803 times)

Benny

Re: Mermaids - do they really exist?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 04:50:53 PM »
I believe that it is possible that mermaids exists , as I agree with what Brian has said , they are probably from the realm of the Nagas . This could also be the reason why they have been sighted by certain people only and not all . I have heard that nagas are describe to be half human and half serpentine , mainly dwelling in the watery realm . So could this so called sightings by non buddhist practitioners be actually chance sightings of nagas ? Another consistent account is that these so called mermaids are never describe as the sweet and adorable mermaid in the " Little Mermaid " movies but always given a fierce and almost monstrous appearance .

fruven

Re: Mermaids - do they really exist?
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 09:14:08 PM »
We may not see but it does not mean it doesn't exist. Multiple sightings indicated that at certain conditions on such places people have a higher chance of seeing them. Probably their habitat is in the water therefore it is likely to see them when one venture out into the sea. I have heard that to see them is a misfortune or trouble because it is said that ships sinking is caused by this sea creature. Of course there are other sea creatures which might not even surface to let you see them. It is considered a bad omen.