Author Topic: Thus I have heard,Thus I practice  (Read 4189 times)

RedLantern

Thus I have heard,Thus I practice
« on: May 12, 2013, 03:16:51 PM »
The truth must be real  and reasonable in terms of people and matter.If everyone in the present world follows
"thus I practice"to validate what has been describe in Buddhist scriptures on"thus what I have heard",this is living Bodhisattva and Buddhism in action.Be diligent and work on  "with knowledge,then practice.With practice,gain more knowledge"This three in one of "listen,think and practice is truly "tough to learn,yet you have learned.Tough to practice,yet we have practiced."
"To listen,to think and to practice"are the three fundamental steps for a beginner in Dharma to go through in order to reach the level of pure wisdom.With this right way of learning,there should not be much difficulty in achieving the desired results.

dondrup

Re: Thus I have heard,Thus I practice
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 05:02:14 PM »
The universal truth or reality will never change no matter how we look at it.  All the Buddhas had become fully enlightened and realized the same truth.  Buddhas will guide all sentient beings to liberation and enlightenment using different methods according to their capacity and predisposition. And if we follow and put into practice the methods as taught by the Buddhas, we will definitely obtain the results that we want.  We will gain the wisdom and realise the universal truth too.

pgdharma

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 10:03:21 AM »
The Buddha taught that the only way to end suffering is to cultivate the right ingredients in mind and action. The aspects of it are right speech, right behavior, right livelihood, right thought, right meditation, right views, right aspirations and right efforts. It is not an easy task to master all the right ingredients yet through difficulties and obstacles and never giving up we will be able to achieve the benefits and good results.

sonamdhargey

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 01:37:38 PM »
Interesting. To listen, to think and to practice are the fundamental steps. How about to read to study, contemplate & research? Listening blindly out of blind faith can be detrimental to one progress of any practice.

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.