Author Topic: Dharma Games  (Read 4831 times)

Rihanna

Dharma Games
« on: May 12, 2013, 12:49:14 PM »
I found a site that has some dharma games. These games would  be useful and educational for kids and it can instill dharma values in them.

See more here: www.dharmagames.org/

Cute! This is a great initiative. Children learn while playing. Games and toys should be educational. The dharma games are great as they help plant seeds of dharma into the pure of minds of our next generation. What better gift could we bestow them?

My suggestion to the owner of this website : to develop games for teenagers and young adults. It would be a refreshing alternative to addictive online games that goes on and on.

brian

• Email
Re: Dharma Games
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 04:36:33 PM »
Thank you for sharing this Rihanna! Dharma games are beneficial for kids to instill them with good knowledge and conduct as foundation. TV programmes these days esp cartoons are more towards violent and self grasping nature. We as parents are responsible of our kids' upbringing and i will certainly recommend this to my kids!

pgdharma

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 01:52:05 PM »
Thank you for sharing, Rihanna. This is a great way to reach out to the children and instill dharma into their lives when they are young. The games are well tailored to impart Buddhist principles in a fun way and promotes non violence.

Manjushri

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 02:24:03 PM »
Wow. This is creative. If someone out there knows how to, we should have an application like a Buddhist portal. Where everyone can log on and see the latest happenings in the Buddhist world, to learn the fundamentals to Buddhism, games, programs, recorded live teachings etc etc. It would be pretty cool since everyone is mobile and on the go these days and I haven't really seen a consolidated Buddhist portal.

The Dharma games are a fantastic idea, didn't know that such a site existed. It would be great for us to instill Dharma into our kids at a young age, as that is when the time when they are building their characteristics and behaviour which will mould them into the adult they would be,

kris

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 09:47:37 PM »
Thank you @Rihanna for sharing this beautiful website with all these nice little games. I must say that these games are not very polished, but they sure do have good message who will benefit kids.

I personally like the Quiz game because it encourage learning in a fun way :) Even I learn a few things about Buddha's life.

I wish someone can make more Dharma games which are more polished, and also on smart phones, because many young generations are now on smart phone (sometime I think they spend too much time on smart phones).

Big Uncle

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 09:37:18 AM »
I love the games and so far I have tried the Wheel of Life Pinball and I must say I am hooked. I am not sure about the games being polished but I sure wished the screen would be bigger. My pinball machine is just 3-4 inches of real estate on my vast screen. So, its kinda hard to see especially where my little ball bearing is going to hit. I am not sure about how these games would promote Dharma except for the quiz game but I think it does bring about exposure to Buddhist ideas, jargon and beliefs. One thing is for sure, if the games are good, kids would pick them up real quick and it would spread like wildfire amongst the youth. Now back to my pinball game...