About Dorje Shugden > General Discussion

EXILES IN EXILE - Info pack of the Human Rights Situation of Tibetan Buddhists

<< < (2/4) > >>

DSFriend:
I've just came across this article "From Google to “Free Tibet”: an image of big, bad, horrific China" --> http://globalcomment.com/2010/from-google-to-free-tibet-an-image-of-big-bad-horrific-china/

Scroll half way down and you'll read,the following:
"Western celebrities have been notably silent on the issue of the persecution of Tibetan Buddhists who worship the deity Dorje Shugden. Perhaps it’s because it happened in India – and was orchestrated by followers of the Dalai Lama rather than by “communist China.”

DSfriend

kurava:
Despite the efforts of H.H. and the presence of other Tibetan masters living and teaching in the West, most Westerners don't really understand Buddhism beyond the superficial side of it. This is due to the lack of mass consciousness. They are mostly attracted to the sitting meditation aspect of it  - something they can relate to minus all the other 'religious' and cultural aspect of Buddhism. Their ' practice' is hence very selective and in a way incomplete with too much compromises.

In the same way, they like the universal appeal of H.H.'s talks and tailored advice to them. With endorsements by celebrities, and politician, it is easy to win over Westerners as no other Buddhist leader enjoy such attention and global publicity.

H.H. is now seen as pro US. The US government sees this as opportunity to exploit the situation in their politics with China, the emerging competitor of the US. Like it or not, the battle lines –H.H. for the West and DS supporters for the East - have been drawn. Therefore it’s no surprise if Western politicians are keeping one eye closed on the heroics and cries of the DS supporters. This is not new when religion is mixed with politics. The support given to Fa Lung Gong movement by US government was one previous example of the same manipulations by the US to destabilize China.

jessicajameson:
I'm really not trying to put down the efforts by the Admin who have so kindly put up a ready-to-be sent letter, with all the relevant address. It makes sending the letter so easy for us.

However, after following the news which only seems to show HHDL repeatedly rejecting and avoiding petitions and letters of plea and reasoning by Dorje Shugden practitioners, I only have reason to believe that sending all these letters will fall on a pair of deaf ears and two-closed eyes.

I think that it might be more effective if we kept spreading Dorje Shugden's practice and get more people involved in forums, such as this one. A growing number of proactive and steady practitioners would get HHDL's attention, which then the letters and petitions would prove to be more effective.

Besides this forum, the Dorje Shugden's Facebook page is another good way to reach out to those not in our neighbourhood.

samayakeeper:
While Admin's team is working very hard to promote Dorje Shugden by sending letters globally, we should assist in whatever way we can in this aspect. Yes, most of the letters sent may be disposed off after reading but they were READ. Maybe some anti Dorje Shugden people may get irritated, their eyes may go red and their ears may get itchy from hearing more people talking for Dorje Shugden's practice BUT these people would have SEEN and HEARD.

The pen is mightier than the sword.

yontenjamyang:
Dear samayakeeper,

Thanks for your posting today. Otherwise I may not notice this topic today. It is certainly a very good way to tell the world about the "apartheid" that is still being propagated among the exiled Tibetans in India. It is one thing to be discriminated by foreigners but certainly that cannot compare to being discriminated by your own kin.

We cannot stand by and do nothing. We need to inform the world about this atrocious situation. I do not think much has changed since 2008. In fact it has become worse.

I will personally distribute the letter and info pack to the relevant authorities around the world. We need to restart this again. Lets do it ALL OF US!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version