Author Topic: Dalai Lama fondly remembered by Northern Ireland  (Read 3803 times)

Q

Dalai Lama fondly remembered by Northern Ireland
« on: April 05, 2013, 11:35:08 AM »
I suppose, for all DS practitioners, no matter how much suffering we have gone through due to the ban... we can never get angry with HHDL... after all, how does one get angry with a being that brings so much happiness and leave much good Dharma imprints in so many lives?

Good to hear that HHDL is spreading Dharma in such a powerful way.

Tickets for a high-profile event in Derry later this month at which the Dalai Lama will speak are selling fast, it’s emerged.

The Tibetan spiritual leader will attend the ‘Culture of Compassion’ concert at The Venue, Ebrington, on Thursday, April 18 - an event which has been organised by Derry charity Children in Crossfire.

Legendary Irish troubadour Christy Moore will be among those performing at the special event.

Richard Moore, Director of Children in Crossfire, says he’s really looking forward to welcoming his “old friend” the Dalai Lama back to Derry.

The Dalai Lama last visited the city in 2007 when he attended 10th anniversary celebrations for the charity which promotes early childhood care and development in some of the poorest countries in the world.

Mr. Moore said: “The concert at The Venue will be the Dalai Lama’s only public speaking event during his visit to Derry so anyone wishing to see him and hear him speak should really get along to this.

“The Dalai Lama is one of the greatest people on the planet and his message is more relevant today than ever.

“I know that His Holiness is looking forward to returning to Northern Ireland and we are aiming to make his visit a very special one.

“I think it’s really significant that someone as influential and respected as the Dalai Lama should visit our city during its culture year and when it’s in the global spotlight.”

Tickets for the April 18 event - which commences at 1pm. - are priced at £23.50 and are available from the Millennium Forum Box Office on Tel: 02871 264455 or by clicking on www.millenniumforum.co.uk.