Author Topic: Woman claims she smelled God during near-death experience  (Read 4426 times)

Jessie Fong

Woman claims she smelled God during near-death experience
« on: April 03, 2013, 08:19:35 AM »
Would you like to know how God smells like? Ask this lady - Crystal McVea.
A point to note -- why do people who have near-death experiences claim to have been in the presence of God - what happened to the Buddhas? For those who do not believe in God and should you experience a near-death experience, who would you meet?

By Eric Pfeiffer, Yahoo! News |

A guest on Tuesday’s edition of “Fox and Friends” claims she smelled God during a recent near-death experience.

“I saw an immense brightness. A brightness I could feel, touch, taste, hear, smell that infused me.” Not like I had five senses but more like I had 500 senses,” Crystal McVea, author of a new e-book, “Waking Up in Heaven: A True Story of Brokenness, Heaven, and Life Again,” told Fox host Gretchen Carlson.

A recent university study found that people who recount their near-death experiences (NDE) have more vivid memories of the events, whether they be the imagined events that take place during the NDE or the real ones from earlier in life.

In 2009, McVea was being treated for pancreatitis. After having an adverse reaction to pain medication, her heart stopped for nine minutes before doctors were able to revive her.

“The moment I closed my eyes in that hospital room, I immediately opened them and was standing in heaven,” McVea said. “I fail to find human words to described what I experienced while I was standing there.”

As Raw Story points out, a number of studies conducted on surgery patients revealed a number of mental aberrations in about 11 percent of all surgeries, including so-called spiritual experiences. Interestingly, one of the studies found there was no correlation between the experiences and what kind of pain medication the individual was taking or what kind of procedure was being performed.

Nonetheless, McVea says the experience transformed her as a person. But not before she engaged in an intense spiritual negotiation as to whether she had to return to the earthly realm.

“All my life, I was a doubter,” she said. “To close my eyes, open them and be standing in front of the Creator of not only the universe, but of me, I never wanted to leave that.”

DS Star

Re: Woman claims she smelled God during near-death experience
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 06:20:32 PM »
Yeah, why only 'met' or 'smelled' GOD not Buddha?

Interesting... anyway, a near-death experiences could be the experience of what Buddhists and Hindus believe as 'out-of-body' experience where consciousness 'travels' out of our body during death or during meditation; it is also known as "Astral Travel".

"Things like psychic experiences, out of body experiences and astral travel, as I understand it, are part of our mind’s natural qualities, though most of us do not encounter them until we improve our meditative abilities and comes closer to the ability to have complete single pointed concentration.  These phenomena are natural and will be attained by our minds and experienced by us the better we get at meditation and the more and more we begin to see reality as it truly is..." Laurie McLauglin

This is no 'miracle' about her experience unfortunately... she could have 'met' one of Bodhisattvas instead ?  ;)

fruven

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 09:18:28 AM »
She claims that she saw 'immense brightness'. Immense brightness can be from anything. Why would she identify it with God? Is it not just she belief in God therefore the immense brightness is associated with 'God' by her mind own conclusion?

On a more positive note after the near death experience she had encountered it would be good news that she is inspired to become a better person for others. Anyway if one actually strives to become a better person one doesn't have to wait until near death experience. It is more of an issue of wanting or not wanting.

bambi

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 06:30:21 PM »
I agree with Fruven, the brightness can be anything. Its true... Why must it be God and not the Buddhas? Moreover, she was not a believer before this happened. People should analyze this sort of situations before claiming that they have seen God or anything at all. Not just jump to conclusions and create confusions. Hopefully she treasures her life more now and do more to help others.