Author Topic: The Dalai Lama Had To Do It.  (Read 11067 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: The Dalai Lama Had To Do It.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 08:04:06 AM »
I wouldnt depend on the CTA if I was the Dalai Lama at all. There is absolutely no way those people will take care of Buddhism, I mean, all they ever care about is the independence of Tibet. They dont really care about the Dharma and neither are they educated in the Dharma like what they portray themselves to be. They would use the Dharma's name to achieve their ends which may not be Dharmic at all, but they do it anyway due to their own innate laziness to change. Perhaps, the Dalai Lama wanted to see how they would act if he banned Dorje Shugden and whether or not they would stand up against the Dalai Lama to believe and uphold what is sacred. They failed the test, and down they will go.

Big Uncle

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 10:17:43 AM »
I wouldnt depend on the CTA if I was the Dalai Lama at all. There is absolutely no way those people will take care of Buddhism, I mean, all they ever care about is the independence of Tibet. They dont really care about the Dharma and neither are they educated in the Dharma like what they portray themselves to be. They would use the Dharma's name to achieve their ends which may not be Dharmic at all, but they do it anyway due to their own innate laziness to change. Perhaps, the Dalai Lama wanted to see how they would act if he banned Dorje Shugden and whether or not they would stand up against the Dalai Lama to believe and uphold what is sacred. They failed the test, and down they will go.

Dear Ensapa,

I dont' think that the Dalai Lama had the intention to rely on the CTA  to preserve Buddhism. How can a bunch of lay politicians be in charge of protecting Buddhism when they know little next to nothing about the monasteries and about the teachings? Also, the Dalai Lama had already retired from his political post and have handed over the reins of the government to the people at CTA. He does little to meddle in it right now except a few statements here and there about the Dorje Shugden ban.

Now, the new lap ministers at CTA have inherited this ban as a legacy from the period of the Dalai Lama's rule. Hence, it should a cue for the people to secularize the government. I am not sure how or why they have done nothing to stop the implementation of what appears to be a totally spiritual matter. That should be under the jurisdiction of the Sangha and not in the best interest of CTA to be continuing with this matter. I have stressed this point many times over many threads already. It just doesn't make sense to maintain the ban and if it was left to me, I would issue an official statement to the monasteries and High Lamas to take over. After all, the Dalai Lama had handed the power over and so, they should exercise that power.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 01:08:42 PM »

Dear Ensapa,

I dont' think that the Dalai Lama had the intention to rely on the CTA  to preserve Buddhism. How can a bunch of lay politicians be in charge of protecting Buddhism when they know little next to nothing about the monasteries and about the teachings? Also, the Dalai Lama had already retired from his political post and have handed over the reins of the government to the people at CTA. He does little to meddle in it right now except a few statements here and there about the Dorje Shugden ban.

Now, the new lap ministers at CTA have inherited this ban as a legacy from the period of the Dalai Lama's rule. Hence, it should a cue for the people to secularize the government. I am not sure how or why they have done nothing to stop the implementation of what appears to be a totally spiritual matter. That should be under the jurisdiction of the Sangha and not in the best interest of CTA to be continuing with this matter. I have stressed this point many times over many threads already. It just doesn't make sense to maintain the ban and if it was left to me, I would issue an official statement to the monasteries and High Lamas to take over. After all, the Dalai Lama had handed the power over and so, they should exercise that power.

To me, CTA upholding the ban is a sign and indication that they are too weak to rule on their own, that they are using the Dalai Lama as a crutch as opposed to a spiritual leader. The Dalai Lama may be responsible for the happiness of the Tibetans, but certainly not in the way that they want him to be: by being their secular leader and also the spiritual one at the same time. that will not happen. The Tibetans should start being independent and not rely on the Dalai Lama any longer.

beggar

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 02:24:34 PM »
To me, CTA upholding the ban is a sign and indication that they are too weak to rule on their own, that they are using the Dalai Lama as a crutch as opposed to a spiritual leader. The Dalai Lama may be responsible for the happiness of the Tibetans, but certainly not in the way that they want him to be: by being their secular leader and also the spiritual one at the same time. that will not happen. The Tibetans should start being independent and not rely on the Dalai Lama any longer.

Ironic, isn't it? This is actually the perfect opportunity for the CTA to prove what they're made of and show the strength of their mettle. The very first step they can take to achieve this is in fact to separate the state from the church, make a clear delineation between the edicts / guidelines set forth by the Dalai Lama and those that they stand by as the secular government.

The very first act to solidify this move would be to remove the ban on Dorje Shugden. Sure, they can still respect what the Dalai Lama has advised. If they are direct students of the Dalai Lama, it would be their own individual prerogative and decision to continue or stop the practice, but on a professional level, as a secular government, this religious edict should not impact the way they treat their citizens in any way. They should make a point to ensure that ALL the Tibetans under their governance be granted equal opportunities, welfare, civil and voting rights, travel rights and all the most basic human rights. This would be a very powerful first step for them to gain respect and standing in the eyes of the Tibetan people. It would strengthen them as a government to make their own decisions for the betterment of ALL their people.

This is not to disrespect the Dalai Lama and the spiritual aspect of their culture and society, but rather to create an even stronger community to be able to support the best possible spiritual practice. Right now, spiritual communities are breaking apart and there is no support or help being offered from the very government that is supposed to protect their people's best interests, across all fields. If they could build their secular base and make it firm, then any spiritual directives being issued by the spiritual leader can be executed in the fairest and all-encompassing way, without disruption to the quality of life and basic rights of Tibetans.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 09:31:49 AM »

Ironic, isn't it? This is actually the perfect opportunity for the CTA to prove what they're made of and show the strength of their mettle. The very first step they can take to achieve this is in fact to separate the state from the church, make a clear delineation between the edicts / guidelines set forth by the Dalai Lama and those that they stand by as the secular government.

The very first act to solidify this move would be to remove the ban on Dorje Shugden. Sure, they can still respect what the Dalai Lama has advised. If they are direct students of the Dalai Lama, it would be their own individual prerogative and decision to continue or stop the practice, but on a professional level, as a secular government, this religious edict should not impact the way they treat their citizens in any way. They should make a point to ensure that ALL the Tibetans under their governance be granted equal opportunities, welfare, civil and voting rights, travel rights and all the most basic human rights. This would be a very powerful first step for them to gain respect and standing in the eyes of the Tibetan people. It would strengthen them as a government to make their own decisions for the betterment of ALL their people.

This is not to disrespect the Dalai Lama and the spiritual aspect of their culture and society, but rather to create an even stronger community to be able to support the best possible spiritual practice. Right now, spiritual communities are breaking apart and there is no support or help being offered from the very government that is supposed to protect their people's best interests, across all fields. If they could build their secular base and make it firm, then any spiritual directives being issued by the spiritual leader can be executed in the fairest and all-encompassing way, without disruption to the quality of life and basic rights of Tibetans.

I believe that the CTA almost managed to achieve that when they removed Dorje Shugden related articles from their government website, but it was only removed for a short while before it was there again, presumably by people who argue that they are Tibetan and they should follow the Dalai Lama's edicts and stuff like that because it is part of Tibetan tradition. Well, they chose to go down and follow the archaic ways that will bring them down. It is quite clear that there are certain aspects of culture that should be let go when the time comes. For example, before Princess Wencheng came to Tibet, the Tibetans used to apply red paint to their faces. This practice stopped with Princess Wencheng came. Similarly, the Tibetans should stop mixing spiritual edicts with secular ones or else they will be left with nothing when the Dalai Lama enters clear light.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2015, 09:15:45 AM »
Although I reverend the Dalai Lama as a very popular Buddhist monk of high calibre who taught internationally on Buddhism, I still find it hard to accept that He is unable to have some influence over CTA.

I totally agree that the Ban is upheld by CTA and since the formation of CTA, the Dalai Lama is not longer the secular head of Tibetan government.  But before CTA there was TGIE of which the head of state was the Dalai Lama.

Is there a real difference between CTA and TGIE although the Dalai Lama has relinquished His post.  All having been said, if the Dalai Lama is to lift the Ban, all will be fine for DS practitioners.  CTA will listen. Harmony within Tibetan Buddhism will reappear.