Author Topic: Dorje Shugden goes ARTSy  (Read 9284 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Dorje Shugden goes ARTSy
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 03:40:33 AM »
Given that the art show is in Bologna which is in Italy, I would ASSUME that he is a student of Gangchen Rinpoche. After all, Gangchen Rinpoche does have many students who are inclined towards art.

What I find nice about this picture is that it brings Dorje Shugden into the mainstream, and not something secret or esoteric. I know that in old Tibet, the Protector practice was meant to be kept secret but nowadays, doing that means you have something to hide and that usually implies the thing is bad. So by bringing Dorje Shugden out into the open like this, I think it goes a long way towards making his wrathful image acceptable.

Yup I have similar thoughts as well. the artist could very well be a student of Gangchen Rinpoche and that he was inspired to create a Dorje Shugden image thanks to his Guru. Dorje Shugden is going mainstream, and it will take off because now the trend is that people like to support those who are downtrodden and suppressed. And Dorje Shugden fits the bill. As this dawn arises, it would gain more and more support from people as they learn about the story of how Dorje Shugden practitioners are suppressed and how he really appeared as as Dharma protector. That's how the CTA got their attention, but it wont last long because playing pity me is a very bad way to convince people.

Aurore

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 07:08:13 PM »
I think this is more than mere artsy fartsy. It has deeper meanings interpreting DS into this form of art movement. Street art tend to question the existing environment using its own methods to communicate with everyday people. Artists themselves are making statements using this method of expression. Hence, I find this method most relevantly represented when it comes to the DS social issues.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 04:14:38 AM »
I think this is more than mere artsy fartsy. It has deeper meanings interpreting DS into this form of art movement. Street art tend to question the existing environment using its own methods to communicate with everyday people. Artists themselves are making statements using this method of expression. Hence, I find this method most relevantly represented when it comes to the DS social issues.

One of the best things about this is that many people will see Dorje Shugden and they will have seeds planted in their minds and also there's no discrimination whatsoever against Dorje Shugden in Italy. People are free to express their minds and their faiths without having fear of prosecution of any kind and this is one of the good things about being in a country that is truly developed and has the mentality of a developed country. CTA should really learn from countries like these so that they will improve, but it is sad that they suppress people for their religious beliefs...how barbaric of a government.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2015, 02:01:55 PM »
Interesting new artistic form of DS.  Very modern and new age.  Have a look.  DS for modern times.

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 01:52:20 AM »
A very creative way of promoting Dorje Shugden especially the wrathful form. Makes it looks so artistry.
A good concept created for more people to be connected with Dorje Shugden and have the seeds planted in them and also to receive the blessings upon seeing the image.
Hope the ban will be lifted very soon for all to practice freely and openly.