Author Topic: Serkyem Vs. Mantras  (Read 14438 times)

SabS

Re: Serkyem Vs. Mantras
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 10:36:42 PM »
Thank you Alexis for your question. It had created a teaching and learning session that I find helps me to understand better the difference between recitation of Mantras and offering of Serkyem. I thank those who had answer the question. May more people come to practise the powerful practise of offerings to the Three Jewels and gain the merits necessary for our progress on the path to enlightenment.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 09:13:53 AM »
Hello everyone on this thread. Here is what I have learnt regarding Serkyem offerings. It is the ancient lineage lamas that have developed this practice as an extended offering to the Dharma Protector to request for swift assistance. Another interesting fact is that the Serkyem offering practice is done mainly for Dharma Protectors prayers. Just found out in detail about this even though I have been offering Serkyem daily.

Here is the link to learn up more about this powerful practice:

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/dharma-readings/dharma-demystified-golden-drink-offering-serkyem

grandmapele

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 03:06:56 PM »
Nice to revisit this topic again. I read somewhere that the offering of serkym as with all offerings is from the side of the practiitoners. The Protectors do not need our tea offering or any offerings for that matter. We offer up our attachment and greed and cravings, so why not offer up tea?

That's my penny's worth of thought.

Pema8

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 12:38:36 AM »
Best is to do Serkym along with Mantras and Kawang. Daily prayers are best to keep our connection strong and improving our spiritual practice. Kawang will help us clear our obstacles, inner and outer.