Author Topic: Trijang Rinpoche Visits Europe 2012  (Read 13169 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • Email
Trijang Rinpoche Visits Europe 2012
« on: December 11, 2012, 06:07:05 AM »
We wanted to share this bit of good news with everyone. Seems our posts are doing quite well on the Dorje Shugden Facebook Fanpage! We will be tracking the likes, shares and comments of that Facebook post on this thread here, so keep checking back!

11 December
  • 1,841 people like this
  • 76 shares
  • 61 comments

18 December
  • 4,592 people like this
  • 120 shares
  • 106 comments

25 December
  • 5,560 people like this
  • 131 shares
  • 125 comments

10 January 2013
  • 13,189 people like this
  • 268 shares
  • 276 comments

To read the article for yourself, click here:
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/trijang-rinpoche-visits-europe-2012/

To leave your comments, click here:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=464104293631066&set=a.333716930003137.72762.124479407593558&type=1

Screenshot #1
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/images/TrijangRinpocheEurope.jpg

Screenshot #2
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:49:16 AM by Admin »

beggar

Re: Trijang Rinpoche Visits Europe 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 10:09:27 AM »
Well this is wonderful news, but it is not surprising - of course any news about Trijang Rinpoche should elicit great response and tremendous response. It is heartwarming and gives so much hope to know that this incarnation is beginning to turn the wheel of Dharma again. It's incredible to know that he is only just starting and is already reaching so many people. This is truly the unmistaken incarnation, beginning right where he left off in his previous life.

I look forward to seeing more news about him giving more teachings and especially spreading the lineage and practices of Tsongkhapa, Dorje Shugden and Vajrayogini far and wide, just as his previous incarnation did.

It seems that as one tide ebbs, another rises. It is no coincidence that just as the Dalai Lama starts retiring from the scene, Trijang Rinpoche comes of age and begins to teach again. Is the Dalai Lama passing the mantel over to a younger generation? And at just the right time too, when Dorje Shugden is now already so well known throughout the world. Dalai Lama paves the way for the practice and Trijang Rinpoche carries it forward.

christine V

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 04:22:26 AM »
'His Holiness was also requested to give the initiation of Dorje Shugden, to which he had agreed. ....
"We rejoice to know that he is once again passing the lineage onwards to many practitioners and continuing the legacy that his predecessor began." 
  (source: "http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/trijang-rinpoche-visits-europe-2012/)

This is the most exciting news that i heard from the banned started.
To me, this news is a news of hopes that this ban able to lift up soon.
I was feeling amazed when i read this news especially when H.H was requested to give initiation on Dorje Shugden, he do not reject but AGREED! It is very exciting that H.H is passing the lineage again! May the Dharma wheel continued to turn.

Q

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 05:36:26 AM »
I was so excited to hear about the news that Trijang Rinpoche gave teachings and initiations in Europe. How fortunate for all those who had the fortune to receive His teachings. Looking forward to Trijang Rinpoche giving out Dorje Shugden initiation!

Although exciting, but just like what Beggar pointed out, it truly is not that surprising... after all, who in the Tibetan Buddhism scenes do not know who Trijang Rinpoche is?

However, one question from me... if the Dalai Lama allow Trijang Rinpoche to practice Dorje Shugden, then would that mean all those who receive DS initiation from Trijang Rinpoche is exempted from the discrimination that CTA placed on DS practitioners?

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 06:25:30 AM »
I am truly excited to hear the news, it shows Trijang Rinpoche is ready to take on the responsibilities to continue to turn the wheel of the Dharma. i am sure Trijang Rinpoche will be announcing some very good news to us very soon. He will be continue to spread the practice just like in his previous life. May Trijang Rinpoche continue spread DS practice effectively.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 03:04:53 PM »
13000 people have liked this post? Not bad...

You know it clearly shows that despite what the Tibetan government have sought to do with Trijang Rinpoche, they havent been able to dampen the worlds enthusiasm for this great lama. I think the trouble with the CTA is this - they can never make up their minds about their policy, so they keep switching back and forth between their opinions.

Since they cannot commit to anything, they cannot go full force with anything and therefore have no results. Case in point - Tibetan independence. As far as Im concerned, they havent gone full force with it because they still have not yet got Tibet back. Why do I mean by full force? Perhaps they need to be a little more exposed to the world situation, so they can manipulate things in their favour. But since they are determined to remain closed off, ignorant and choose to indulge in a false sense of superiority about their worth...its no surprise they havent been able to exploit situations and get back their country.

But this post isnt about the Tibetan situation, it is about Trijang Rinpoche. I bring up the point about a lack of commitment because the Tibetan government cant decide of they are against Trijang Rinpoche because he practises Dorje Shugden, or they are in support of him because he is the Dalai Lamas tutor. Their stuck between a rock and a hard place.

So it is no surprise that a lama who was the tutor to the Dalai Lama, and the editor of Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand (the text studied by Gelugs all over the world) is manifesting his attainments now despite all of the obstacles presented to him by the Tibetan government.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 09:22:48 AM »
13000 people have liked this post? Not bad...

You know it clearly shows that despite what the Tibetan government have sought to do with Trijang Rinpoche, they havent been able to dampen the worlds enthusiasm for this great lama. I think the trouble with the CTA is this - they can never make up their minds about their policy, so they keep switching back and forth between their opinions.

Since they cannot commit to anything, they cannot go full force with anything and therefore have no results. Case in point - Tibetan independence. As far as Im concerned, they havent gone full force with it because they still have not yet got Tibet back. Why do I mean by full force? Perhaps they need to be a little more exposed to the world situation, so they can manipulate things in their favour. But since they are determined to remain closed off, ignorant and choose to indulge in a false sense of superiority about their worth...its no surprise they havent been able to exploit situations and get back their country.

But this post isnt about the Tibetan situation, it is about Trijang Rinpoche. I bring up the point about a lack of commitment because the Tibetan government cant decide of they are against Trijang Rinpoche because he practises Dorje Shugden, or they are in support of him because he is the Dalai Lamas tutor. Their stuck between a rock and a hard place.

So it is no surprise that a lama who was the tutor to the Dalai Lama, and the editor of Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand (the text studied by Gelugs all over the world) is manifesting his attainments now despite all of the obstacles presented to him by the Tibetan government.

The negative karma of the CTA from the many negative things that they did to Dorje Shugden Lamas and to their practitioners as well as various Buddhist masters over the centuries has caused them to be in the state that they are in. And despite being surrounded by role models such as India, they fail to adopt anything useful and continue their two faced approach by telling people in the west how much of a victim they are and then preaching hatred against Dorje Shugden and China behind their back is something that will only drag them down further and further, eventually.

CTA cannot stop what is not under their domain. And Trijang Rinpoche is far beyond their foul, political self centered hands.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 05:41:09 PM »
What is really sad is that even though HH Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche is out of CTA's jurisdiction, there is still a threat to his life, as can be seen in this video of HH Trijang Rinpoche travelling with his bodyguards. http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=3199.0  Why would a monk need the kind of security detail for heads of state? And the scary thing is that the threat comes from within - from Tibetans themselves because of the Dorje Shugden ban. And these blood thirsty, misguided and hatred fuelled people are not even aware that HH Dalai Lama has given permission for HH Trijang Rinpoche to practice Dorje Shugden!

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 05:36:08 AM »
What is really sad is that even though HH Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche is out of CTA's jurisdiction, there is still a threat to his life, as can be seen in this video of HH Trijang Rinpoche travelling with his bodyguards. http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=3199.0  Why would a monk need the kind of security detail for heads of state? And the scary thing is that the threat comes from within - from Tibetans themselves because of the Dorje Shugden ban. And these blood thirsty, misguided and hatred fuelled people are not even aware that HH Dalai Lama has given permission for HH Trijang Rinpoche to practice Dorje Shugden!

These Tibetans are not spiritual at all -- they are only thinking about themselves and the merits and blessings they will get from the Dalai Lama if they destroy of kill anything that is related to Dorje Shugden. And that is also what the western counterparts believe as well through their mindless and fanatical adulation to the Dalai Lama. I have seen many western 'buddhists' who act very unbuddhist especially when it comes to the Dorje Shugden issue. They are also insecure about their own Buddhist beliefs at the same time and most people who know them rarely say anything good about them....because they only know Buddhism in theory.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 09:10:10 AM »
i put it down to ignorance really. I understand that many Tibetans are Buddhist because they are born Buddhist, their parents are Buddhists etc, but they don't actually know anything about Buddhism aside from the rituals and festivals and traditional superstitions. It is the same for Christianity in England. Many Christians are Christians in name only as they are born Christians, with Christian parents and grandparents etc but many "Christians" here do not even go to Church and may have never read a bible. Religion has become a tradition; something inherited as opposed to something learned, treasured and practised. In contrast, born again Christians are very zealous and study their bibles back to front. I guess it is the same for born again Buddhists in the west, where we seek Buddhism out for its very philosophy and tenets and wish to engage in the religion on a personal level. I found this out after discussion with my uni mates from Hong Kong who are born Buddhists but don't know anything about the religion!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 03:36:58 AM »
i put it down to ignorance really. I understand that many Tibetans are Buddhist because they are born Buddhist, their parents are Buddhists etc, but they don't actually know anything about Buddhism aside from the rituals and festivals and traditional superstitions. It is the same for Christianity in England. Many Christians are Christians in name only as they are born Christians, with Christian parents and grandparents etc but many "Christians" here do not even go to Church and may have never read a bible. Religion has become a tradition; something inherited as opposed to something learned, treasured and practised. In contrast, born again Christians are very zealous and study their bibles back to front. I guess it is the same for born again Buddhists in the west, where we seek Buddhism out for its very philosophy and tenets and wish to engage in the religion on a personal level. I found this out after discussion with my uni mates from Hong Kong who are born Buddhists but don't know anything about the religion!

There's many interesting things that we have yet to learn about Buddhists in the west and how would they adapt to this 'new' religion as everyone is trying to explore but there is one thing that is in common with them and that is all of them is trying to find their own way into the whole Buddhism thing and some of them form their own ideas about Buddhism which isnt exactly the best way to go around, most of the time. A lot of western buddhists see Buddhism as a way to relax and get out of the stresses of life, but Buddhism is a lot more than that and most cant see beyond the exoticness of it. Lets just hope tis will change.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 10:15:40 AM »
Tibetan Buddhism is relatively new to the Western Hemisphere.. practically only unleashed to the West since China invaded Tibet - so everyone who is a Tibetan Buddhist today should say a big thank you to China! Unfortunately, while Tibetan Buddhism is of course very appealing with HH the Dalai Lama and other charismatic Tibetan lamas spreading the Dharma in the west, people are also put off Tibetan Buddhism because they see it as very complicated and political and a far cry from the peace and harmony which Buddha is traditionally associated with.

Of course the Dorje Shugden issue is very confusing to those who are new to Tibetan Buddhism and they are naturally inclined to believe the Dalai Lama as the world recognised authority. Not to mention the two Karmapa issue and the crazy wisdom Mahasiddhas like Chogyam Trungpa.

When the ban is lifted on Dorje Shugden, this will really help Tibetan Buddhism to be less schismatic and political. The sooner the ban is lifted, the sooner Tibetan Buddhism can attempt to restore the tainted and negative view that many people have about it. Then, more people can embrace Tibetan Buddhism and look at its core teachings and values rather than be distracted by the ban and its associated issues.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 09:58:08 AM »
Tibetan Buddhism is relatively new to the Western Hemisphere.. practically only unleashed to the West since China invaded Tibet - so everyone who is a Tibetan Buddhist today should say a big thank you to China! Unfortunately, while Tibetan Buddhism is of course very appealing with HH the Dalai Lama and other charismatic Tibetan lamas spreading the Dharma in the west, people are also put off Tibetan Buddhism because they see it as very complicated and political and a far cry from the peace and harmony which Buddha is traditionally associated with.

Of course the Dorje Shugden issue is very confusing to those who are new to Tibetan Buddhism and they are naturally inclined to believe the Dalai Lama as the world recognised authority. Not to mention the two Karmapa issue and the crazy wisdom Mahasiddhas like Chogyam Trungpa.

When the ban is lifted on Dorje Shugden, this will really help Tibetan Buddhism to be less schismatic and political. The sooner the ban is lifted, the sooner Tibetan Buddhism can attempt to restore the tainted and negative view that many people have about it. Then, more people can embrace Tibetan Buddhism and look at its core teachings and values rather than be distracted by the ban and its associated issues.

There are many people out there whom I know are very put off by the whole Dorje Shugden issue. They came to Buddhism to look for peace out away from their office struggles and politics but when they go to Buddhism they find the same thing taking place and they leave Buddhism. buddhism is not really in its infancy in the west, it is just the lack of maturity amongst its practitioners about the Buddhist approach of things in more ways than one. Many fail to apply Buddhist principles in thought or deed and end up getting into a mess.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 11:27:24 AM »
This is so exciting. I have just visited the fan page at http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=464104293631066&set=a.333716930003137.72762.124479407593558&type=1.
The number of likes have increased to 14332, with 303 shares and 301 comments. Truly rejoice for the very fortunate ones attending the teachings and initiations conducted by HH Trijang Rinpoche. I am so grateful to the hardworking people at dorjeshugden.com for keeping us informed on the latest news and development on DS issues and DS practitioners everywhere. Yes, it is very depressing to know high lamas like HH Trijang Rinpoche need to travel about with bodyguards in tow because of threats and dangers to his life. May His Holiness have a long and healthy life to continue to benefit all sentient beings.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 05:30:17 AM »
This is so exciting. I have just visited the fan page at http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=464104293631066&set=a.333716930003137.72762.124479407593558&type=1.
The number of likes have increased to 14332, with 303 shares and 301 comments. Truly rejoice for the very fortunate ones attending the teachings and initiations conducted by HH Trijang Rinpoche. I am so grateful to the hardworking people at dorjeshugden.com for keeping us informed on the latest news and development on DS issues and DS practitioners everywhere. Yes, it is very depressing to know high lamas like HH Trijang Rinpoche need to travel about with bodyguards in tow because of threats and dangers to his life. May His Holiness have a long and healthy life to continue to benefit all sentient beings.

Wow that is a huge amount of shares, comments and likes! it shows very clearly that Trijang Rinpoche is still very popular despite the ban because he still has huge amounts of followers from the Chatreng region of Tibet and also in Dharamsala and the world over. There is no doubt about it that Trijang Rinpoche still garners a lot of followers and is still one of the highest Lamas in the Gelug hierarchy, despite all the nasty things that the CTA did to try and unseat him from Dharamsala and this facebook post shows it very clearly.