Author Topic: Africa blessed by Dorje Shugden  (Read 13763 times)

Barzin

Re: Africa blessed by Dorje Shugden
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 06:14:34 PM »
This is definitely a news to share and rejoice to.  Thankyou for working tirelessly to benefit the people.  Again, it has proven that BUddhism is not about race, colour, differences.., I rejoice for the Africans, are so blessed to have receive such wonderful gift.  THe gift of dharma it is.  And wonderful pictures that you have posted!  It is always nice to hear news that our protector has travelled again!  Again, an evidence that the protector is bringing Tsongkhapa lineage far and wide!

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 08:44:16 PM »
Although Buddhism is already in Africa, it has mainly been practiced by Asian emigrants and so this is truly wonderful news! I see Dorje Shugden accompanying the Dharma to South East Asia, the United States, Brazil, Europe, Taiwan, China and now Zululand. And all this growth under tremendous suppression from the people who should be taking the lead in this function. I say this without any malevolent intentions at all but it is all pity that in 50 plus years of travelling around the world with the Dalai Lama, I have never seen or heard of his people taking the opportunity to bring the Buddha's teachings to where it can heal the people of troubled lands. I would dearly love to see big statues of Gyenze adorning the landscape of the poorer African nations blessing the land with abundance and prosperity. Not to mention the animals and beings there. Wouldn't that be something?

I pray that from Zululand, the Buddha's teachings and the Protector's practice can spread to other African states and territories, many of which have been long suffering. Imagine empowering nations of people to understand the state they are in, and to give them practices that can counter their perceived "ill luck". Like Namdrol said, what incredible good fortune that the very first deity they meet is Dorje Shugden. Actually that does not surprise me because I have always felt held the view that the King Protector takes a worldly form so that even those of us who are lacking in merits can have access to the blessings of all the Buddhas.

Buddhism has never focussed on forcing and converting people away from their own beliefs (except for the CTA's brand of Buddhism) and it doesn't need to. It does not impose on anyone a belief (again except for CTA's brand) and instead invites them to experience the truth for themselves. There are so many people in the world that the Dharma can touch and heal without requiring them to change their religion.

Thanks to kris for posting up the picture of the beautiful altar that shows Dorje Shugden in his rightful place with Buddha Shakyamuni and Je Tsongkhapa. Anyone looking at the picture would instantly know that Dorje Shugden is not an evil spirit. May Dorje Shugden guide the people in Zululand on their Dharma path and may the Dharma bless them abundantly.

Rihanna

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 10:24:41 AM »
This reminds me of how it sounded like when Buddhism first went into Tibet. Locals have their own religion and superstitious beliefs till they slowly embraced  the more logical Dharma and eventually till what it is today.

It is interesting to see how African locals will look at Buddhism and especially Dorje Shugden. I guess education and curiosity of the locals  will play a big part in spreading Buddhism especially Dorje Shugden's practise in the land of Africa.

Currently as it seems, people are able to openly do their practice and place their Dorje Shugden statues/images on their altars without having to worry of any disturbances from CTA.

I pray hard for the flourishing of Dharma in places like Africa and all other places similar to it. Especially Dorje Shugden's practise spread to every corner of the world. May His practice benefit them as it has for me.

Big Uncle

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 11:37:44 AM »
For the Dharma to spread to Tibet from India, many great translators and scholars had to brave tremendous difficulties for the Dharma to take root. The great lotsawas (translators) from Tibet had to brave extreme weather difference between India and Tibet, language differences, cultural differences and the hazards of travel in foreign lands.

The merits accrued by these great beings assured that Tibet became a literal storehouse for the Buddha's teachings. On top of that, the Buddha's teachings literally pacified the war-hungry Tibetan nation into a peace-loving people content with spiritual conquests instead. I think with the sacrifices and hard work of the monks and nuns who constantly help and assist the people of Zululand has created the merit and causes for Dorje Shugden practice to grow among the people of Zululand.

As the practice of Dorje Shugden increases in popularity, Dorje Shugden will bring many of Africans to the Dharma. Over time, more and more people will be on the Dharma path.

brian

• Email
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 08:19:50 AM »
For the Dharma to spread to Tibet from India, many great translators and scholars had to brave tremendous difficulties for the Dharma to take root. The great lotsawas (translators) from Tibet had to brave extreme weather difference between India and Tibet, language differences, cultural differences and the hazards of travel in foreign lands.

The merits accrued by these great beings assured that Tibet became a literal storehouse for the Buddha's teachings. On top of that, the Buddha's teachings literally pacified the war-hungry Tibetan nation into a peace-loving people content with spiritual conquests instead. I think with the sacrifices and hard work of the monks and nuns who constantly help and assist the people of Zululand has created the merit and causes for Dorje Shugden practice to grow among the people of Zululand.

As the practice of Dorje Shugden increases in popularity, Dorje Shugden will bring many of Africans to the Dharma. Over time, more and more people will be on the Dharma path.

I have to agree with you here, Big Unlce. Buddhism will not be able to grow not to mention flourish without the meritorious act of monks and nuns to brave themselves to strange land to Dharma such as Zululand to make the ground work. Not to mention the amount of difficulties that they will be enduring in the process of spreading the Dharma.

Just like Tibet before Dharma came, thanks to the translators and unsung heroes who brought Dharma to Tibet, i believe it is not easy but it is surely heart warming to see Dharma especially Dorje Shugden is starting to take its place in Zululand.

Hopefully Dharma and Dorje Shugden's practice will grow in this region and eventually to all corners of the world and we shall see what CTA can do about this.

Down with the ban!

dsiluvu

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 11:27:37 AM »

This is such a beautiful picture seen. It is really so superb that we can be of service to others even in Africa. It is wonderful that there are people, supporters who cared enough to go there to teach them and spread BUddha Dharma to them and of course it must have felt like Christmas receiving those wonderful packages from Dorje Shugden.com

No matter what HHDL / CTA does or say, there is no way of stopping the truth and the spread of Dharma and it is going to grow more and more.  We should all just join hands and continue our wonderful peace loving creative activity, being united, and help one another in the spread of Je Tsongkhapa and introducing newbies to a protector that will bless them and give them wisdom for He is none other then Dorje Shugden himself.... and let me see how they gonna try to impose a Ban in Africa.

Manjushri

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 01:55:33 PM »
This is such a great thread to read. Who knew that there would even be a hint of Buddhism sprouting from the country of Africa! Going through the pictures, seeing the million dollar smiles on the faces, everyone helping to set up, the beautiful shrines..wow. it just blew me away. Dorje Shugden will bless the beautiful people of Africa and the kids!! So nice to see this.

Credit must go to all the sangha who tirelessly work day and night to spread the Dharma and bring it to all beings. Seeing the sangha on the grounds and blessing the kids, praying with the kids, is great, because without the sangha, Buddhism would not be as strong as it is today. The many sangha members who uphold their vows, keep their commitments to spread the Buddha-Dharma, are the very reason as to why we are fortunate enough to even hear and chance upon the Dharma in today's society. May Buddhism reach the shores of many more countries who have not heard the Dharma, through the blessings of the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.

Aurore

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 02:44:58 PM »
Not to sound negative but more on a positive tone, these are many benefits after Dalai Lama banned Dorje Shugden practice.

Due to the ban, many has come to know about Dorje Shugden via Dalai Lama. As we all know, Dalai Lama is one of the most prominent religious figure alive at the moment and historically. His Holiness' facebook fanpage and twitter has more than 5 million followers. With so many followers browsing Dalai Lama's official website, all will come to know about DS even if it's at a negative point of view ... FOR NOW.

It is up to the followers of DS to educate and change this point of view so that many regions such as Zululand can benefit from this practice.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 03:41:49 PM »
This is such great news. Dorje Shugden is spreading far and wide to many countries around the world. Thanks to all the courageous monks who continue on with their DS practice even though going against the orders of HHDL. Many thanks also to the dedicated team of dorjeshugden.com for keeping many people everywhere informed and also educating the people. With more knowledge and information, a person can decide for themselves the deity they wish to practice. All the effort put in by your team is now bearing fruits. Rejoice for you.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2013, 03:59:57 PM »
I really rejoice for our team and also for the Africans. It would mean that they will get help and the protection that they need very badly due to the current condition that they are in. Imagine not even being able to secure one's livelihood and barely having enough to eat everyday...its not pleasant indeed. I really hope that the introduction of Dorje Shugden there at least plant seeds for Dorje Shugden to grow there in the future and that the people have their obstacles removed or lessened, at least.