Author Topic: An open Letter by Geshe Sonam, Abbot of Gyumed Tantric College  (Read 11279 times)

dsiluvu

Re: An open Letter by Geshe Sonam, Abbot of Gyumed Tantric College
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 06:49:47 PM »
I cannot begin to imagine what it must fee like to choose to say their Guru is wrong and that their practice in Dorje Shugden is wrong... some are really old monks who are ill and have no where to go, they are being forced to a cornered. It is definitely not an easy choice and I am sure some of the senior monks do secretly still practice Dorje Shugden.

I am sure most of them are not happy with this forced vote and I can only try to empathize with them. Hence those who can step out and say stuff it to the CTA like Kensur Sonam Gyaltsen need to speak up more for those who cannot have a voice. I guess this forum is one of the many ways we can raise our voice, thoughts and opinions.   

Ensapa

• Email
Re: An open Letter by Geshe Sonam, Abbot of Gyumed Tantric College
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 03:00:51 AM »
I cannot begin to imagine what it must fee like to choose to say their Guru is wrong and that their practice in Dorje Shugden is wrong... some are really old monks who are ill and have no where to go, they are being forced to a cornered. It is definitely not an easy choice and I am sure some of the senior monks do secretly still practice Dorje Shugden.

I am sure most of them are not happy with this forced vote and I can only try to empathize with them. Hence those who can step out and say stuff it to the CTA like Kensur Sonam Gyaltsen need to speak up more for those who cannot have a voice. I guess this forum is one of the many ways we can raise our voice, thoughts and opinions.   

Not really. I can imagine: to get to the right side of the Dalai Lama and to be respected in one's own community for listening to Dalai Lama's instructions must be very good incentives for discarding one's Guru who only gives Buddhist teachings that cant bring about the fame and reputation that being close to the Dalai Lama can bring. Thus the kicking of their own Gurus. I wonder what sort of really horrible karma that might reap.