Author Topic: Confession of Kalu Rinpoche  (Read 4168 times)

sonamdhargey

Confession of Kalu Rinpoche
« on: January 20, 2013, 08:30:35 AM »
Kalu Rinpoche, a 21-year-old young man, is considered to be the reincarnation of Kyabje Kalu Rinpoche. The official website for the lineage declares Kalu to be the “The Supreme reincarnation of our spiritual master,” and someone whose mere gaze can inspire equanimity, even ecstasy. These are confusing pronouncements, when viewed in the light of Kalu’s personal and confessional video posted on November 28 of this year.

Below, Kalu Rinpoche frankly and bravely tells the true story behind his spiritual myth. It is a story of molestation by Tibetan monks, murder attempts, and drug abuse. It is not a comforting tale. And it clarifies the endemic problems of any system that relies upon the denial of the senses in favor of supernatural “realities.”

I speak from experience. I am a former monk and former guru from the Hindu tradition. And while my personal story is not one of sexual abuse, I can attest to the damages done by orthodoxy and mind-body dualism, which have the overwhelming tendency (and track record) to perpetuate dissociation, denial, and rationalizations that enable unethical and often dehumanizing—even criminal—behavior within the religious hierarchy. What to speak of how debilitating such body-negative philosophies can be to one’s personal spiritual journey. That being said, it is pretty clear by now that anytime you get a bunch of monks bonded together by an intense body-negative religious code some little kid is bound to get molested.

Read more here:[/url]http://www.elephantjournal.com/2011/12/the-sex-lives-of-monks-confessions-of-kalu-rinpoche/[/url]

DS Star

Re: Confession of Kalu Rinpoche
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 04:00:10 PM »
It is very sad to note this kind of abuses happened in the sacred institution of the so-called holy religion like Buddhism.

Then again, such abuses are not new to religious institutions especially in the Catholic Churches. Tibetan Buddhism's authorities could have made the same mistakes of trying to hide these kind of abuses... soon there could be more cases being exposed.

Below are the cases brought to light regarding abuses in Catholic Churches:

In 2004, the John Jay report tabulated a total of 4,392 priests and deacons in the U.S. against whom allegations of sexual abuse had been made.

In July 2000 the head of the Roman Catholic Church in England and Wales, Archbishop Cormac Murphy-O'Connor (later a cardinal), acknowledged he had made a mistake while he was Bishop of Arundel and Brighton in the 1980s by allowing a pedophile to carry on working as a priest. The priest at the center of the controversy, Father Michael Hill, was jailed in 1997 for abusing nine boys over a 20-year period.[54]

More abused cases can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sexual_abuse_scandal_in_Europe#Great_Britain