Author Topic: Buddhist charity raising funds to help Sandy victims  (Read 4016 times)

sonamdhargey

Buddhist charity raising funds to help Sandy victims
« on: November 11, 2012, 02:11:56 PM »
Portland, Nov. 10 (CNA) The Buddhist Compassion Relief Tzu Chi Foundation, one of the largest charities in Taiwan, launched a fund-raising drive across the United States over the weekend to help victims of Superstorm Sandy, which recently ravaged parts of the U.S. East Coast.

Huang Han-kui, director of Tzu Chi's U.S. headquarters, called for donations via phone, Internet, or in person at its stations at supermarkets across the country.

Read more here: http://focustaiwan.tw/ShowNews/WebNews_Detail.aspx?Type=aSOC&ID=201211110006

fruven

Re: Buddhist charity raising funds to help Sandy victims
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 06:21:42 PM »
The United States is one of the world's developed nations which have lend helping hands to other countries whenever there are natural disasters. Now is the time to lend a helping to US as a goodwill. No country can stand alone. Indirectly it will show the citizen of US that the countries out there have compassion and that humanitarian efforts to assist others can come from any countries. It is also a good chance to improve diplomatic ties.  ;D

Tenzin K

Re: Buddhist charity raising funds to help Sandy victims
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 07:02:48 PM »
Any disaster happened is always for a reason and created which we always relate it to karma but this doesn't mean that we should just stop it here by acknowledging that it’s caused by their karma….they have suffered and we as a practitioner especially should lightened their burden and suffering. Relieving one suffering generates great merit and if we encourage more people to do so we are indirectly planting a seed for these people too.

No doubt there are so many NGOs around to help the needy but we should be part of them to contribute and make a different for other people lives.

I’m so lucky that my kind Lama has thought me and introduces me to Lord Shugden practices. The protector able to help us at this very time to support our spiritual practice. Due to our accumulated negative karma we need protector practices to help us to do more and able to contribute to help more people.