Author Topic: 17,000 and growing!  (Read 18033 times)

DharmaDefender

17,000 and growing!
« on: October 29, 2012, 08:46:19 AM »
Just wanted to share this picture with everyone...the Dorje Shugden Facebook Fanpage has hit 17,000 likes! ;D

A practice done only by the minority, eh CTA? How much longer are you going to keep lying to your people?

beggar

Re: 17,000 and growing!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »
It makes me very happy to see this, for the simple fact that 17,000+ people have even just heard and seen the name Dorje Shugden by clicking like on this page.

It is great to see this also because it shows a very correct way of bringing down the ban. I agree with what this website is doing, in NOT disparaging the Dalai Lama, or any of the lamas as a way of trying to counter the ban. This is not an action that our own teachers or Dharmapala would ever approve of.

This way is so much more positive, lending awareness and education about the Protector and bringing positive energy to others through this practice; rather than introducing Dorje Shugden to others via the negative means of denigrating the Dalai Lama or name-calling, which is what is too often done by some.

Methods like this brings Dorje Shugden to people who may not otherwise ever connect to him (social media is great for this). It also proves that there are far more people who like Dorje Shugden than there are those who are against him. Dorje Shugden getting less in the world? More people being encouraged to give up the practice? I don't think so. In fact, it looks more and more like Medusa's hair - for every one person the CTA manages to convert "out" of the practice, another few hundred spring up around the world.

Go Facebook, go!

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 05:33:29 AM »
Rejoice! Thousands are benefiting so much from this. Yes, the total amount of clicks may not mean that only 17,000 people like this site for there could be many more who have visited but did not click like for whatever reasons. For those who opposed and have visited would show them that this site is garnering support because this site provides up to date information and facts without disparaging HHDL. It also shows how hard the nameless and faceless people behind the scene is working to provide us all these info. Thank you to the unsung heroes.

lotus1

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 09:03:57 AM »
Rejoice!  At least 17,000 have been connected with Dorje Shugden and gotten his blessing. This is the power for social media!
Agreed with Beggar that "It is great to see this also because it shows a very correct way of bringing down the ban. I agree with what this website is doing, in NOT disparaging the Dalai Lama, or any of the lamas as a way of trying to counter the ban. This is not an action that our own teachers or Dharmapala would ever approve of.

This way is so much more positive, lending awareness and education about the Protector and bringing positive energy to others through this practice; rather than introducing Dorje Shugden to others via the negative means of denigrating the Dalai Lama or name-calling, which is what is too often done by some.
"

We are not high lamas and we should not do anything to disparaging them. However, this fb page and dorjeshugden.com and dorjeshugden.com/forum has been very positive and constructive. They give a lot of authentic information about Dorje Shugden and the practice in additional to other Buddhism teachings. Rejoice and may it reach out to more people and benefit more!

thor

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 01:12:45 PM »
I am happy to see 17,000 on the fanpage. But what I am more happy about is that the people behind this website are constantly adopting new technology to make their voice heard. From the website, to Youtube, to Facebook, and now to emails that I am receiving in my mailbox.

And like what beggar says, the method being employed to fight for Dorje Shugden is peaceful and completely within the tenets of Buddhism - educating, explaining, removing delusions against Shugden, tirelessly and repeatedly. May the ban be removed!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 02:06:32 PM »
There so much we can do when we use social media to reach out to the world. This is fantastic news many more people who have not heard or met Dorje Shudgen before will get to know of Dorje Shugden.What an innovative way spread Dorje Shugden to the masses.

I am afraid 17000 is just the tip of the iceberg of the many people who actually practices Dorje Shugden and the fanpage will overflow expectations. Yes soon CTA will have no lame excuses to say Dorje Shugden is only practiced by a handful of rebellious Tibetans.

Positive Change

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 05:31:02 AM »
There so much we can do when we use social media to reach out to the world. This is fantastic news many more people who have not heard or met Dorje Shudgen before will get to know of Dorje Shugden.What an innovative way spread Dorje Shugden to the masses.

I am afraid 17000 is just the tip of the iceberg of the many people who actually practices Dorje Shugden and the fanpage will overflow expectations. Yes soon CTA will have no lame excuses to say Dorje Shugden is only practiced by a handful of rebellious Tibetans.

I agree with you DharmaSpace in that we tend to underestimate the reach and "power" of social media. It has a similar if not larger web of reach compared to traditional tv/media and its literally FREE and ACCESSIBLE to most. There is some resistance to it from the older generation but that seems to be fading fast. Hence, this tool is really the perfect avenue for the spread of Dorje Shugden.

This number (17,000) is merely and indicative tip indeed. There are many people out there who do indeed practice and may not have access to the internet of have heard of facebook even. Coming back from a recent trip to the far east, I was very pleasantly surprised at the many Dorje Shugden shrines I stumbled upon in homes and in public. Some pictures one can find here even:

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=735.msg34123#msg34123

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=30.0

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1521.msg19726#msg19726

icy

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 12:53:01 PM »
As at today, 11th November 2012, the fanpage has grown to over 18,000 in a matter of less than 2 weeks.  How wonderful to see the swift growth of Dorje Shugden.  This goes to show people are getting educated and have faith in Dorje Shugden.  They did not rely on Dorje Shugden by blind faith but they study and weigh the logic.  They are smart and they do not listen to heresay and be influenced by it.  The practice of Dorje Shugden is not for the weaklings and people who do not study the practice.  How unfortunate for those who abandon and stay away from Dorje Shugden practice.  They do not have the intelligence to investigate the teaching and be blessed by this powerful practice.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 12:31:17 PM »
Rejoice. So happy to read of this good news. More people are being introduced to our King Dorje Shugden. Thanks to all the hardworking crew at DS.com, many people are able to gain knowledge and guidance from your website. DS is certainly not a minority practice.

Q

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 04:03:04 PM »
wow! wonderful! There is over 18,000 likes now! It really is great to see so many people connected to Dorje Shugden. I've been following the fan page religiously, and I keep seeing so many people liking and supporting the articles posted there. This is what I really like about ds.com, they provide so many informative articles. May more people have the fortune to meet Dorje Shugden's practice.

Big Uncle

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 04:13:23 PM »
I think it is very neat that the fanpage has grown by leaps and bounds. I believe that it was around 500 plus 'likes' just about half a year ago. I find that it is significant because Facebook is a great platform for more people to find out more about Dorje Shugden.

If I am not mistaken, Facebook is one of the largest Internet platform that is used by millions and only very few countries in the world have no access to Facebook. Almost everyone with Internet has a Facebook account. Hence, it has been a great social and marketing tool. I think with more and more people finding out about Dorje Shugden makes it a great opportunity for people to be blessed by Manjushri Dorje Shugden.

Barzin

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 06:25:45 PM »
It is amazing that the internet age has taken Buddhism onto a new level, through social media; many can gather information within seconds.  Whatever information, we can just "google" it.  If we are hard working and read a lot, we can do a lot of research and investigate and "filter" the correct information.  So how is it possible that CTA would think that they could deceive the world by banning the practice of Dorje Shugden?  As far as I know, many of the information and acts regarding the ban are available on the internet.  And also many websites that promote the lineage, it is as simple as doing some minor research people will find out about what's real and not.  I am not surprise that the facebook page Likes has grown in such a short period of time.  Because people do rely on internet and information available to find out the truth.

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 07:34:29 AM »
No longer 17,000 but a massive 19,970 at last count! A mere 30 more to 20,000 likes on the official Dorje Shugden facebook fanpage! Have you liked the page yet? If you have not, do so now! If you have, share it with all your friends! Introduce Dorje Shugden to them as you know how the benefits of doing the practice of this great protector!

With the internet and social media, we are able to reach out to every corner of the world. Times has changed now, Dharma can be transmitted through the internet easily and it rather EASY for us to share with others so there is no excuse for us not to!

We must all play our part to ensure Dorje Shugden's practice reaches out to the masses!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 02:01:24 PM »
20k likes for a facebook page on Dorje Shugden reflects so much on how powerful the internet is and how powerful the protector is in general. If Dorje Shugden was just another regular protector, i doubt that he will be able to get so many likes in his fanpage. It is because there are many people out there who are practitioners, or who wish to know more about Dorje Shugden liking that page so that they can learn more or show their support for the Dharma protector.

So the pro ban team's argument that Dorje Shugden is an unpopular practice is completely invalid.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 07:48:03 PM »
We should relentlessly keep the social media pressure on CTA and the people who work against Dorje Shugden. If we keep fighting and working the people who deny Dorje Shugden will not be able to maintain their stance for lone. Truth always prevail.
May the facebook for Dorje Shugden keep on growing non stop lets fly a flag so high so no one can ignore the ban anymore.