Author Topic: The pope is now on twitter!  (Read 9422 times)

pgdharma

Re: The pope is now on twitter!
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 08:36:14 AM »
Social media platform like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Blogs are being used extensively nowadays and is the “in thing”. People can use social networking sites to build their careers, promote their business and grow their reputations. It is no surprise that the Pope is now on twitter and his first tweet accumulated 1.1 million followers. In this way, he can reach out to more people. Let us use the social media to promote Dorje Shugden as well to reach out to the mass and benefit them.

RedLantern

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 10:43:10 AM »
Pope Benedict XVI,is bringing a segment of his daily papal message to twitter.The reason being that to focus hearts and minds on the challenges.They are hoping to attract the media-savvy generation and entice them to find out more,and attract those who are not currently engaged with religion.
It is actually quite interesting to see how technology has come to only institution still standing since the Roman time.Credit goes to the church for trying to stay relevant as an age-old institution in a  rapid changing world.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 12:11:41 PM »
Pope Benedict XIV sent his first tweet earlier this week under the user-name Pontifex, which is Latin for “bridge builder.”

The first message was:

Dear friends, I am pleased to get in touch with you through Twitter. Thank you for your generous response. I bless all of you from my heart.

The pope's feed quickly accumulated 1,1 million followers. Wow!
social medias have become a necessity for the spiritual leaders to reach to all of us that drawn in mundane activities such as Twitter.

More messages:

How can faith in Jesus be lived in a world without hope?

We can be certain that a believer is never alone. God is the solid rock upon which we build our lives and his love is always faithful

see here:
https://twitter.com/Pontifex

In this day and age, we cannot run away from technology because it is every where and have to keep up with the times. Even the Pope who is in he eighties are also in touch with the young through Twitter. And it has proven to be the fastest way to spread your message across to the world.
Just look at how fast the followers of the Pope has become? I.i million in 2 weeks.

Check out DS facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/DuldzinDorjeShugden?fref=ts

Social medis is the right way to go!

kris

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 03:49:01 PM »
Social media is the latest things now. I have just read that in cities like Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore, more than 60% of the people who commute to in bus and trains uses smart phones nowadays. The amount of time the younger generation spend on internet and social media is something hard to imagine.

As such, spiritual people like the Pope, HH Dalai Lama etc are important to balance out the ever fast moving world...

Rihanna

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 02:02:07 AM »
Make social media our ways of life! As Facebook and Twitter was originally created for closed ciircle-communication, they have became the most important means of communication in this age. Obama's first election campaign placed major emphasis on online social media and the trend had since caught on. No one political figure would hope to win any seat without getting themselves into this media.

This the best way to spread the teachings of Buddha effectively and cost effectively. Cheers to Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey.