Author Topic: Will the Karmapa save Dorje Shugden?  (Read 13828 times)

dsdisciple

Re: Will the Karmapa save Dorje Shugden?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 02:23:11 AM »
Looking at this issue with hindsight of 2 Kamapa's...not too mention Panchen Lama and China's own leanings to selecting their own 15th Dalai Lama. It does make the conclusion of the ban of DS practice a complex one with no definitive answer for DS practitioners in the near future.

So this begs the question how do we determine what is right or wrong? the only answer in my humble opinion is the Dharma and its results is the ONLY answer for us practitioners without attainments to determine if said practice benefits us as individuals.

I for one have an open mind on the issue of validity of incarnations is that if they turn the wheel of dharma and benefit others the results speak volumes in itself. Irregardless of lineage / recognition their dharma works will grow and benefit others.

Large or small we have seen the dharma of DS lamas and other Lamas from other sects grow (reaching people) without politics.

In the modern world, educated and with the availability and access to Buddhist teachings...we come back to results of Dharma practice and Dharma teachings.

Results resemble Cause and DS practice continues to grow because people find solace and results from their individual practices.

xo

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Will the Karmapa save Dorje Shugden?
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 04:17:57 AM »
Looking at this issue with hindsight of 2 Kamapa's...not too mention Panchen Lama and China's own leanings to selecting their own 15th Dalai Lama. It does make the conclusion of the ban of DS practice a complex one with no definitive answer for DS practitioners in the near future.

So this begs the question how do we determine what is right or wrong? the only answer in my humble opinion is the Dharma and its results is the ONLY answer for us practitioners without attainments to determine if said practice benefits us as individuals.

I for one have an open mind on the issue of validity of incarnations is that if they turn the wheel of dharma and benefit others the results speak volumes in itself. Irregardless of lineage / recognition their dharma works will grow and benefit others.

Large or small we have seen the dharma of DS lamas and other Lamas from other sects grow (reaching people) without politics.

In the modern world, educated and with the availability and access to Buddhist teachings...we come back to results of Dharma practice and Dharma teachings.

Results resemble Cause and DS practice continues to grow because people find solace and results from their individual practices.

xo

I can say that there is one visible conclusion to the whole thing: the ban will be lifted and the dignity and the freedom of the Dorje Shugden practitioners will be restored. It is very clear that that would be the conclusion to this saga that has lasted since the 1970s. It is time that this ends and it will end very soon. As Dorje Shugden practitioners, we all need to stay strong and hold on to what Trijang Rinpoche has taught us in his biography: to never hate the Dalai Lama or Panchen Lama, and neither should us give up Dorje Shugden, but to continue our practices quietly.