Author Topic: Ribur Rinpoche  (Read 8361 times)

vajralight

Ribur Rinpoche
« on: May 10, 2009, 11:19:13 AM »
From :  http://truthaboutshugden.wordpress.com/my-guru-kind-in-three-ways-whose-name-i-find-difficult-to-utter-the-great-lama-je-pabongka-according-to-his-disciples/ribur-rinpoche-on-je-pabongka/

The Venerable Rilbur Rinpoche was born in Eastern Tibet in 1923. At the age of five he was recognised by the Thirteenth Dalai Lama as the sixth incarnation of Sera-mae Rilbur Rinpoche. He entered Sera Monastic University in Lhasa at fourteen and became a Geshe at twenty-four. He meditated and taught Dharma until 1959, after which he suffered under intense Chinese oppression for twenty-one years. Ribur Rinpoche, himself a lifelong practitioner of Dorje Shugden, was held and tortured by the Chinese for two decades. He famously said “If I told you what happened on a regular basis, you would find it hard to believe.”

And yet, by all accounts,  he emerged from his trials with a heart full of love and forgiveness. How? Well, according to him, it was due to the blessings and teachings of his root Lama Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche. Please enjoy these excerpts of a memoir of their time together….

The revered lama Kyabje Ribur Rinpoche passed away on January 15, 2006 at Sera Me monastery in southern India, at the age of 84.

For many years, Fabrizio Pallotti traveled all over the world with Ribur Rinpoche as his translator ad attendant. He recalls the passing of his perfect teacher who inspired many Western students with his teachings, most especially due to the outpouring of unbelievable love and compassion that emanated from his whole being.

When he passed away, it was during the full moon of the Kalachakra, which is very auspicious. The monastery was nearly empty at that time, with everyone at the Kalachakra initiation. It seems as if he wanted to be alone, as if he didn't want anybody to be around taking care of him.

Two days after Rinpoche's passing, I arrived at Sera Me. I went to Rinpoche's house, and even though his breath had stopped, he was still meditating, sitting up in front of his Lama Tsongkhapa statue, his holy body leaning slightly to the right and his head slightly to the left.

After five or six days, Geshe Losang Choepel, the attendant of the late Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, was called upon because of his great knowledge of ritual and how to handle the passing away of a high lama. He determined that Rinpoche was no longer meditating, and many preparations were done to anoint the holy body in the perfect way. An ablution of saffron water was offered to the holy body; we wrapped Rinpoche in new robes and deity ornaments and left him in the same sitting position for one day while we made preparations for the cremation. Though it was quite hot, there was no decomposing, no smell, and no rigor mortis. His body was amazingly supple. Throughout this time, many lamas, geshes, and young monks visited Rinpoche, and many self-initiations were performed on a daily basis: Heruka, Vajrayogini, Yamantaka, and many other practices.

We were able to build the stupa crematorium very quickly, and since it is the main disciple who should offer the fire puja, the ritual was performed by Lama Zopa Rinpoche. During the puja, the mood among the disciples was of total desperation. We all felt like our one holy father had just left us for good. After less than one hour, not even halfway through the puja, one of the highest lamas at Sera Me, Oser Rinpoche, looked inside the crematorium and said that the body wasn't there anymore. I looked inside and Rinpoche's holy body had vanished..

[One week later] Oser Rinpoche called to me and said, "Fabrizio, look at this, look, look!" I looked inside and I could see a bunch of white, pearl-like pebbles: There were thousands of them. For me, and I think for most of us there, it was as if this was all happening in a dream. For the Western world what goes on at the monasteries, what the Tibetan lamas do, is almost like science fiction. Upon finding these holy relics, a ceremony was immediately done to purify and bless them, after which we did Lama Chopa, the offering puja to the guru.

Rinpoche was among the last of his kind. He was in Tibet before the coming of the Fourteenth Dalai Lama and experienced the golden age of Tibet. During the Cultural Revolution, he was able to do some of the most amazing actions for the benefit of the teachings and all sentient beings. He discovered the lost statue of Jowo Ramoche, one of three images made at the time of the Buddha and blessed by him; as well, Rinpoche reestablished the great reliquary of Ganden and the stupa of Je Rinpoche, along with countless other holy images that had disappeared from Tibet when the monasteries were looted. Incredibly holy images would cross Rinpoche's path with seemingly no effort. For instance, in Drepung Monastery a conch shell is preserved that was given to Lord Buddha by a child. It is said that the Buddha prophesized the child would be the future Je Rinpoche, a second Buddha to propagate the teachings. Monghallana, one of Lord Buddha's students, then flew to Tibet and buried the conch in the mountains where Tsongkhapa later unearthed it. On that spot he established Ganden monastery. Centuries later, this conch was stolen and was nowhere to be found for several years. Then one day when Rinpoche was in Dharamsala, an old Tibetan man knocked at Rinpoche's door and handed him the very conch that had been missing.

DSFriend

Re: Ribur Rinpoche
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »
It is wonderful to know that 7th incarnation of Ribur Rinpoche will be enthroned soon.

Source https://www.facebook.com/RiburRinpoche

ENTHRONEMENT: With unfathomable wisdom, the Nobel laureate from Tibet, the supreme manifestation of Avalokitesvara (the Buddha of Compassion), His Holiness the Great 14th Dalai Lama has recognized Ven. Tenzin Pasang as the seventh reincarnation of Ribur Rinpoche Gyalten Ngawang Phuljung Gyatso of Tsawa Regional House (Khamtsen) of Sera Mey Monastic University. So, Ribur Rinpoche Tenzin Pasang will be formally enthroned at Sera on May 18, 2013. The enthronement will begin at Sera Lachi (involving the monks of both Sera Mey and Sera Jey Monasteries) at 5:30 AM. Then, at 11:00 AM Rinpoche will be enthroned at Sera Mey's main hall. Following that, there will be a celebratory luncheon at Tsawa Khamtsen. With this enthronement ceremony, the young tulku formally takes the place of his predecessor in the monastic university of Sera. It's an important step on his path to again becoming a holder of the Geluk tradition.

Cushions for the monks of Tsawa Khamtsen, sponsored by the donations in preparation for young Ribur Rinpoche's enthronement next month!

Rinpoche with incarnation of Ribur Rinpoche, at Osel Labrang

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 05:20:27 PM »
Ribur Yangsi Rinpoche

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 04:44:40 AM »
Lama Zopa and Rilbur Rinpoche? this is interesting. Rilbur Rinpoche is one of Pabongkha's direct disciples and is also the one who was responsible for salvaging many Tibetan artefacts from the Chinese, the most famous one being the Jowo Rinpoche statue. He is also a very well known Dorje Shugden practitioner and while Lama Zopa and his centers  outwardly doesnt practice Dorje Shugden, Lama Zopa has been been pictured together with Lamas associated with Dorje Shugden, including visiting Trijang Rinpoche's statue. All these signs point that he is indeed a Dorje Shugden Lama in actuality.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 05:03:49 PM »
It's wonderful to see HE Ribur Rinpoche's incarnation back again. As with all the other Dorje Shugden lamas who have incarnated back - HH Trijang Rinpoche, Lama Osel (the incarnation of Lama Yeshe, founder of FPMT), Ven Rabgye Rinpoche (the incarnation of HE Rabten Rinpoche), HH Pabongkha Rinpoche, HH Zong Rinpoche, HE Zemey Rinpoche, Domo Geshe Rinpoche among others.. it is indisputable proof that Dorje Shugden is not a demon, as demon worshippers would be incarnated in the hell realms and not under controlled rebirth as these lamas have manifested.

The new generation of lamas who are in their 30s now are being guided by the older Shugden lamas, such as HE Gonsar Rinpoche and HH Gangchen Rinpoche and now there are the younger lamas such as Ribur Rinpoche, Zemey Rinpoche, Domo Geshe Rinpoche, who will be nurtured by the lamas in their 30s, which ensures that the lineage continues and the young incarnations expedite their full potential as fast as possible to continue the lineage. Wonderful.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 05:26:41 AM »
It's wonderful to see HE Ribur Rinpoche's incarnation back again. As with all the other Dorje Shugden lamas who have incarnated back - HH Trijang Rinpoche, Lama Osel (the incarnation of Lama Yeshe, founder of FPMT), Ven Rabgye Rinpoche (the incarnation of HE Rabten Rinpoche), HH Pabongkha Rinpoche, HH Zong Rinpoche, HE Zemey Rinpoche, Domo Geshe Rinpoche among others.. it is indisputable proof that Dorje Shugden is not a demon, as demon worshippers would be incarnated in the hell realms and not under controlled rebirth as these lamas have manifested.

The new generation of lamas who are in their 30s now are being guided by the older Shugden lamas, such as HE Gonsar Rinpoche and HH Gangchen Rinpoche and now there are the younger lamas such as Ribur Rinpoche, Zemey Rinpoche, Domo Geshe Rinpoche, who will be nurtured by the lamas in their 30s, which ensures that the lineage continues and the young incarnations expedite their full potential as fast as possible to continue the lineage. Wonderful.

With so many Lamas who practice Dorje Shugden reincarnating back, there is no doubt that Dorje Shugden is a positive entity at the most and all of these Lamas will carry on Lama Tsongkhapa's tradition free of political meddling from the CTA or any other entity. However with selective reading, many of the Dalai Lama's fanbase do not see this and they continue to criticize Dorje Shugden blindly. It is something that I feel really weird that despite so much proof that Dorje Shugden is not a demon these people still cant see otherwise.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 07:05:21 PM »
“My guru, kind in three ways, who met face-to-face with Heruka, whose name I find difficult to utter

This was exactly what Ribur Rinpoche said of his lama Pabongka Rinpoche, what other praise can be higher than that. Is Ribur Rinpoche incapable of determining what is good or beneficial ? The fact that Ribur Rinpoche associated with the biggest Dorje Shugden proponent of all times and he is back shows that the devotion to Dorje Shugden did nothing to his karma he is back like all dorje shugden lamas of the past.

I pray may Ribur Rinpoche quickly find his path back to Je Pabongka and Dorje Shugden.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 07:40:50 AM »
“My guru, kind in three ways, who met face-to-face with Heruka, whose name I find difficult to utter

This was exactly what Ribur Rinpoche said of his lama Pabongka Rinpoche, what other praise can be higher than that. Is Ribur Rinpoche incapable of determining what is good or beneficial ? The fact that Ribur Rinpoche associated with the biggest Dorje Shugden proponent of all times and he is back shows that the devotion to Dorje Shugden did nothing to his karma he is back like all dorje shugden lamas of the past.

I pray may Ribur Rinpoche quickly find his path back to Je Pabongka and Dorje Shugden.

This shows that Rilbur Rinpoche's Guru devotion is very strong and that thanks to that he has returned, proving Dorje Shudgen detractors wrong again. Guru devotion is something thats kinda rare these days as most people find it easier to switch and choose whatever Guru that they like as there are too many choices. Rilbur Rinpoche returning as proof that his previous incarnation is able to control his rebirth = he is attained and there is absolute proof that he is no matter who says what.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 04:13:06 AM »
Such great news to read of another highly attained lama and a lifelong practitioner of our great Protector Dorje Shugden has chosen to come back here to benefit us again. I pray that Ribur Rinpoche will have a smooth education path and continue all the great works of his previous incarnations. May Rinpoche be able to also continue with his Dorje Shugden practice just as his previous life did with so much faith and devotion. With Sera Monastery also openly proclaiming their stance to not practicing Dorje Shugden, I pray this young Ribur Rinpoche to affect his miracle ability to continue with his Protector practice.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 10:16:36 AM »
Rilbur Rinpoche is in good hands. I wonder tho where will his education be? In Shar Ganden or in Ganden Shartse? Or perhaps, in China like Zemey Choktrul Rinpoche? But to have his picture taken with Lama Zopa, it would give positive connotations that he is a 'clean' Lama to those who know less about the whole situation and that he will not be attacked by anti Dorje Shugden people.  Let's just hope that he will be able to continue his studies without any obstacles.