Author Topic: Buddhist Teachings on Reincarnation - a video on Zasep Tulku Rinpoche  (Read 6811 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
I'm not sure if people have seen this video on Zasep Rinpoche, a Dorje Shugden practitioner.

I didn't see images of Dorje Shugden (though I looked!) so if you see one, do let me know!

Of note, I saw a photo of the legendary Master, HH Zong Rinpoche, above Zasep Rinpoche's throne.

I thought it was interesting that this documentary featured Zasep Rinpoche even though as a DS practitioner, I would imagine that he is persona non grata with the Tibetan government.

The documentary features the Nechung oracle - i wish they had featured the DS oracle!

I noticed that Zasep Rinpoche was holding a text by the Dalai Lama, and they had featured the Dalai Lama as an example of a tulku in the documentary. For those who don't know the DS controversy, one would assume that the Dalai Lama and Zasep Rinpoche are pals. Perhaps they are!

i liked this quote from the documentary:
If you want to know your past life, look at your present condition. If you want to know your future life, look at your present actions. – Padmasambhava 8th century CE

Small | Large

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Buddhist Teachings on Reincarnation - a video on Zasep Tulku Rinpoche
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 08:21:18 AM »
One thing interesting to note about Zazep Tulku Rinpoche is that he also practices and explores other Buddhist traditions and has even dabbled in Vipasanna meditation before. There has been this misunderstanding that Dorje Shugden will punish Gelugs that practice other traditions, but you dont see this happening with Zazep Tulku Rinpoche and his Dharma works are growing as strong as ever because he is already achieved. More importantly, it also proves that Dorje Shugden isnt that 'sectarian' as most of his detractors think.