Author Topic: Shugden recognizes Lama Zopa  (Read 23847 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Shugden recognizes Lama Zopa
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 04:42:47 AM »
Reading the article again I feel the writer is making a plea to the people in FPMT. Remember your roots. Remember where you came from, how it all started through Lama Yeshe through huge Dorje Shugden pujas in Kopan. 

In Vajrayana we all rely on the kindness of our teachers and the teachers who came before then and so forth.
Can teachers make mistakes, yes that is possible. But our duty is not to point out guru or practices are right or wrong our duty is to practice the dharma. And if the practice benefit, why not continue make a stand practice as to what we think is correct and beneficial.

But when there is overwhelming evidence that suggests otherwise from Dorje Shugden saving the Dalai Lama's life, till the HHDL allowing Trijang Rinpoche to practice Dorje Shugden still making this exception, so many things do not add up. Banning or witch hunting Dorje Shugden practitioners does not seem to be the right away at all.

I like to relate it science if a discovery is made earlier and from there a hypothesis is done based on incorrect information or knowledge, all subsequent findings based on the original findings are flawed. If Lama Zopa did get degenerated teachings from Lama Yeshe then Lama Zopa has to get all teachings and initiation from a Gelug lama pure and untainted that never practiced Dorje Sohugden before. A contaminated pot is poisonous no matter what good food and delicious food we put inside.

There are none I think within the Gelug tradition who have not received nectar like teachings from the likes of   
Pabongka Dorje Chang, Trijang Dorje Chang, Zong Dorje Chang et etc all of who have relied on Dorje Shugden for the longest time.

Then only the unthinkable is left on the table.

I dont really believe that teachers make deliberate mistakes. They may appear to make mistakes because our perception of them is not pure. In other words, the very reason for their mistakes is our negative karma for causing us to perceive it as so. If we perceive the 'mistakes' as actions that they have done to kindly remind us that we are going the wrong way, we would be able to receive the blessings from the lineage Gurus. In the case of FPMT, they cut short their blessings by cutting off Pabongkha Rinpoche and Trijang Rinpoche and denying Dorje Shugden. No doubt that Lama Zopa is not wrong to not allow Dorje Shugden in his center, but it is the mistake of the students who choose to interpret their lama's instructions the way that they want as opposed to as it is.

Lama Zopa is quite senior in age but he still has to do with naughty students, especially those who run FPMT branches around the world. I have heard of a story from a friend in Malaysia where Lama Zopa visited it with the main purpose of removing both the president and the resident Geshe with another Geshe of the malaysian chapter of FPMT (the visit was not exactly announced and it seemed impromptu and according to my friend, he gave a Dharma talk and left quietly)  after he found out that they were involved in political battles with other centers. The president was no longer allowed to participate in any position and all materials regarding her was removed from FPMT. Can you imagine making an old Lama fly all the way to a country in the tropical region just to manage these problems? Yes. Make your Lama work harder by not applying the teachings. It extends his life.

Dondrup Shugden

Re: Shugden recognizes Lama Zopa
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2015, 01:54:11 PM »
Reading this article and the controversies within such a huge organisation like FPMT, shows how degenerated these self professed Buddhists are.

FPMT is indeed a great Buddhist centre with many chapters all over the world and yet the very principal practice of its founder, Lama Yeshe is discarded.  How sad can that be.  The truth about Lama Zopa and Lama Osel and the murkiness which we see will only be realised once the Ban is lifted.

May the suffering be stopped.