Author Topic: Lama Tsongkhapa's holy tooth relic  (Read 19664 times)

Gabby Potter

Re: Lama Tsongkhapa's holy tooth relic
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 10:48:19 PM »
Than you so much for sharing Namdrol and Vajraprotector! It's truly a blessing and honour for being able to witnessed this holy tooth relic of Lama Tsongkhapa with my own eyes, it's just amazing. I've been to a few temples and have seen so may relics of Buddha, they come in various colours, shapes, sizes etc.

fruven

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 06:16:15 AM »
When he was informed of this, the Majestic Lord said, “This being the case, [I now remember that] at Chlung, I lost a tooth. If I give it to you publicly, Khedrup-pa, your death will be postponed until the tenth month of the Pig Year. You should guard it well. Indeed, after the passing of three hundred years, a pandita, one predicted by the deities, by the name of Dharma-raja, will ceremoniously invite this sacred object to Magadha and the Vajra Throne. Thereby, on this earth, the tooth will produce relic pills.”

Does anyone know who is this pandit 'Dharma-raja'?

Shugdener

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 01:57:02 PM »
Dear Namdrol, Thank you for sharing the very holy and blessed pictures of Lama Tsongkhapa's tooth relic.

It is really wonderful to know that the Holy tooth relic of Lama Tsongkhapa still exists on earth.

Lama Tsongkhapa has achieved and done a lot during his time that we can still benefit from today.

The lucky few people who have the chance to see Lama Tsongkhapa's tooth relic and make offerings will definitely purify lots of negative karma and accumulate lots of positive karma.

James Bond

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2016, 07:02:04 AM »
Who knew this relic of Lama Tsongkhapa even existed? For sure not me. Lama Tsongkhapa is one of the greatest Tibetan masters in its History and without a doubt his tooth relic means a lot and is surely extremely holy and powerful in some way. Tsongkhapa's teachings continue to spread till this very day and I am proud to say i myself have experienced his teachings through prayer.

Jason Statham

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 05:31:03 PM »
To this day, it still amazes me that when certain being's body (which is extremely rare) is being cremated, there are relics left inside it. It is somehow just there, if you use X-ray to look into the body, you will not be able to see relics in their body. So where does all of these relics come from? To me, this is truly something beyond of our current science understanding. This absolutely blown my mind, not only that it is more auspicious to know that relics have been found from Lama Tsongkhapa's tooth, I am also really fortunate to be able to see pictures of it. Thank you Namdrol for sharing this article.

VeronicaSmith

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 06:55:26 AM »
Thank you for the pictures and it is so nice to see such a holy relic and these sights. That tooth is so holy and precious, wow, I would like to see it in person one day at a monastery. That would be amazing. Wow. It is so amazing how that is left behind and it amazes me how it has remained this long.

I was surprised that such a relic even existed. I hope it is kept very well and is used in prayers very well. Such a holy being. Such a holy relic

grandmapele

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 07:40:13 AM »
Thank you for the sharing. Wonder if this is the same tooth given to Kedrup Je by Lama Tsongkhapa himself. But, holy and blessed all the same. _/|\_

SabS

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2016, 08:38:57 PM »
Thank you Namdrol for sharing the pictures of LamaTsongkapa’s holy tooth relic and thank you Vajraprotetor for the interesting information on the relic itself. We are indeed blessed that enlightened Lamas are able to show us signs of their attainments in form of relics and provide proof that attainments are possible for all of us.

grandmapele

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2016, 10:12:31 AM »
Thank you, Vajraprotector for the detailed explanation of the tooth relic. Sometimes, we have a disconnect between the actual relic and the many legends/stories we hear of the great lama like Khedrup Je. This just show that we require great merits to even recognize truth. So how much more merits do we need to be able to realize the real dharma. So much even more is required to even progress a little on our dharma path.

Thank you again for this sharing.

Celia

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2016, 01:28:28 PM »
Thank you Namdrol and Vajraprotector for the interesting sharing in relation to this holy tooth relic of Lama Tsongkhapa. Considering that such relic embodies in essence, the spiritual knowledge, realizations or living essence of spiritual masters, it is indeed a blessing to be exposed it. Such a sacred relic also serves as a reminder to reaffirm our faith and conviction that all these enlightened minds are real and their teachings real.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2016, 09:01:49 AM »
Thank you Vajraprotector for the explanation on Lama Tsongkhapa's holy tooth relic and its journey through time. Indeed it is miraculous that highly attained beings,after passing away were able to produce such physical objects after their body were cremated. Other than blessing those people who owns it and the many who even gaze at it, it also serve to prove to us that attainments does exist and the relics are the indications of the years of hard work of renunciation,compassion and pure spiritual practice.

Ringo Starr

• Email
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 11:49:39 AM »
Goodness.. Vajraprotector, thank you for sharing this story... i've not come across it before and I love it. Especially so with the reference to Vinaya holder, which i presume is our very own Duldzin Dragpa Gyeltsen! It is rare to come over references to Duldzin since the anti-Shugden people have tried (though unsuccessfully) to erase him from history, yet now and then, these esteemed holy beings will magically appear in disguise and bless us!

I wholeheartedly agree with you WisdomBeing.

Ringo Starr

• Email
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 03:40:23 PM »
Here is another article, done by academia, which refers to Duldzin Dragpa Gyaltsen as a devoted disciple of Lama Tsongkhapa.

"Kedrub Je received instructions on both sutra and tantra from Tsongkapa, and soon became one of his most devoted disciples, receiving teachings alongside Tsongkapa's other disciples such as Gyaltsab Je Darma Rinchen (rgyal tshab rje dar ma rin chen, 1364-1432) and Duldzin Dragpa Gyaltsen ('dul 'dzin grags pa rgyal mtshan, 1374-1434)."

Source:
http://www.himalayanart.org/search/set.cfm?setID=529

grandmapele

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2017, 11:55:18 AM »
Thank you, Ringo Starr for the piece of information. So, Kedrub Je is both student of Lama Tsongkhapa and Duldzin Dragpa Gyaltsen. This can only mean that Duldzin Dragpa Gyaltsen is so very learned and senior to Kedrup Je to be his teacher. And, if Kedrup Je is attained, imagine the attainments of Duldzin Dragpa Gyaltsen. It's mind boggling.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2017, 01:31:52 PM »
I would like to add to the facts : it was Duldzin Drakpa Gyeltsen who supervised the building of the prominent Gaden Monastery in Tibet. Due to this commitment and great effort of Duldzin, the teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa survived till today even though Gaden Monastery have since been relocated to India. It was also Duldzin that made the promise to arise as the protector of Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings. Hopefully all these would be crystal clear to all those who made all the false accusations against Dorje Shugden and the ban on Shugden practice would be lifted very soon.