Author Topic: Buddha Relics Exhibition in Singapore Expo at Hall 5A from 14 to 16 Dec 2013  (Read 13479 times)

DharmaSpace

I rejoice that Dromtug Rinpoche has the resources and support from the Chinese people from all over the world to bring the dharma to many. And that his teachings are popular amongst the Chinese shows that he has the ability to tap and appeal to the Chinese psyche.

This I hope is a sign of things to come whereby he will spread the dharma to China. China seems ripe for spirituality to give more purpose and balance into their lives. Looking at the incidents whereby many Chinese workers committed suicide at Foxconn, and in China people would do almost anything to get a buck (incidents like making fake eggs, fake baby powder) are signs of a nation devoid of spiritual nourishment and guidance. Dromtug Rinpoche can contribute to bring some form of renaissance back to the glory days of China where it it both powerful militarily and was a spiritual beacon for the rest of the world. 

Ensapa

• Email
There's so much which Dromtug Rinpoche and his organization is doing in order to bring benefit to the people. I find this approach extremely beneficial for the grass roots group of people whom are not so deeply interested in the deeper teachings of Buddhism. This approach I feel invites more people to come into contact with the Dharma though in a superficial way to have an opportunity to create a karmic connection with the Buddhas.

Though everyone is not inclined to the Buddhist practice, creating causes to be able to learn and listen to the Dharma in the future. There's different levels of practice and different levels in which different people take their approach into spirituality. We should all respect that but at the same time show them that there's more to spirituality than that level.

I do agree that this exhibition will attract many, whether they are staunch Buddhist or those who are curious about Buddhism. Whoever who visits the exhibition will definitely get blessings from Buddha's relic and other high Lama's relics. Also, it will also plant Dharma seeds in the minds of those who comes across it. This is the best way to attract new people into Buddhism.

Dromtug Rinpoche is so kind to have this exhibition all around the world and promote Buddhism. He is really persistent even  though he faces some opposition on his exhibition as some claim that the relics are not genuine. Whatever it may be, this exhibition does connect a lot of people to Buddhism. The Fire puja at the end of the exhibition will clear obstacles for the whole region.

Dromtung Rinpoche dosent need to hide from the CTA as he is operating on grounds that CTA dare not go to: the Chinese. It is a very well known fact that the CTA hate the Chinese to the core, usually opting to forgo Chinese news and updates (of arrested Tibetans, maybe for more sympathy from the public?) and so by targeting the Chinese, Dromtung Rinpoche's Dharma works are not impeded and can spread far and wide because the Chinese couldnt care less about CTA anyways. Most Chinese people dont really care about the Dalai Lama and the CTA as well. A brilliant strategy by Dromtung Rinpoche, I must say.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!

Dromtung Rinpoche dosent need to hide from the CTA as he is operating on grounds that CTA dare not go to: the Chinese. It is a very well known fact that the CTA hate the Chinese to the core, usually opting to forgo Chinese news and updates (of arrested Tibetans, maybe for more sympathy from the public?) and so by targeting the Chinese, Dromtung Rinpoche's Dharma works are not impeded and can spread far and wide because the Chinese couldnt care less about CTA anyways. Most Chinese people dont really care about the Dalai Lama and the CTA as well. A brilliant strategy by Dromtung Rinpoche, I must say.

It is unfortunate that although HH Dromtug Rinpoche is operating in countries which are not under CTA or the Dalai Lama’s jurisdiction, he has to go underground with his Dorje Shugden practice. I believe that this is because the Dalai Lama is internationally recognized as the highest authority in Buddhism, though technically, while his role is as the spiritual leader of Tibet, he is not the spiritual head of any of the Tibetan schools.

In the Gelugpa school, which the Dalai Lama is a member of, the spiritual head is Gaden Tripa, which many people not familiar with Tibetan Buddhism would not know. The other schools have their own spiritual leaders, such as the Karmapa for the Karma Kagyu school (though this school has controversies of their own with the two Karmapas), Sakya Trizin for the Sakya school and so on.

As many people are not aware of this and since the Dalai Lama has publicly condemned Dorje Shugden and banned his practice, people who do not know any better simply accept the Dalai Lama’s edict and blindly follow the ostracisation of Dorje Shugden practice and its practitioners. This is why even great masters with huge temples and bigger sponsors like HH Serkong Tritul and HH Dromtug Rinpoche have had to pretend outwardly that they do not practice Dorje Shugden.

I do not believe that these masters are being duplicitous but merely practical. In order for them to spread the Dharma as they have been doing to many, they had to put their protector practice underground - for now. I hope the ban will be lifted soon so all Dorje Shugden practitioners will be able to ‘come out of the closet’! Then we will really see how pervasive his practice is!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email

It is unfortunate that although HH Dromtug Rinpoche is operating in countries which are not under CTA or the Dalai Lama’s jurisdiction, he has to go underground with his Dorje Shugden practice. I believe that this is because the Dalai Lama is internationally recognized as the highest authority in Buddhism, though technically, while his role is as the spiritual leader of Tibet, he is not the spiritual head of any of the Tibetan schools.

In the Gelugpa school, which the Dalai Lama is a member of, the spiritual head is Gaden Tripa, which many people not familiar with Tibetan Buddhism would not know. The other schools have their own spiritual leaders, such as the Karmapa for the Karma Kagyu school (though this school has controversies of their own with the two Karmapas), Sakya Trizin for the Sakya school and so on.

As many people are not aware of this and since the Dalai Lama has publicly condemned Dorje Shugden and banned his practice, people who do not know any better simply accept the Dalai Lama’s edict and blindly follow the ostracisation of Dorje Shugden practice and its practitioners. This is why even great masters with huge temples and bigger sponsors like HH Serkong Tritul and HH Dromtug Rinpoche have had to pretend outwardly that they do not practice Dorje Shugden.

I do not believe that these masters are being duplicitous but merely practical. In order for them to spread the Dharma as they have been doing to many, they had to put their protector practice underground - for now. I hope the ban will be lifted soon so all Dorje Shugden practitioners will be able to ‘come out of the closet’! Then we will really see how pervasive his practice is!

Dromtung Rinpoche's Dorje Shugden practice isnt exactly underground, its more of an open secret. They do not practice Dorje Shugden outwardly to mock the ban, but they do practice it and everyone knows about it although their official Dharma protector is Acala mahakrodha -- a Dharma protector whose affinity is more towards the eastern side of the world (The Chinese, Japanese and Koreans are very fond of this protector) as their outward practice. Serkong Tritul and Dromtung Rinpoche have a few things in common with Kundeling Rinpoche: Both are fearless, both have a very sharp tongue in criticizing the ban and both choose to stick with the Lineage Lamas.

There is an open letter on the net somewhere where Dromtung Rinpoche mocks the ban by declaring that his tradition chose to stick with a pre-Gelug Dharma protector, so why is the CTA against them. It was a very caustic letter that will give lots of interesting historical information that the CTA is afraid to expose and they are often omitted by authors as they are extremely embarrassing and shameful.