Author Topic: Mobile Apps (iPhone and Android) for Dorje Shugden?  (Read 9618 times)

Aurore

Re: Mobile Apps (iPhone and Android) for Dorje Shugden?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
A smartphone/tab apps should constantly be updated and have new features. It should also prompt people to want to launch the app to get more news and updates. It should fulfill the needs of people.

It would be handy to have an app which does the following:-
1. Prayers in well sorted categories. This way I don't have to carry my prayer book around.
2. News and updates on the happenings concerning Dorje Shugden. Something like Mashable or Pulse would be great. Makes it easy to read on smaller screens. Facebook/twitter integration for easy sharing.
3. A resources section perhaps in video format with guides and updated teachings on making offerings to DS, setting up altars, and more.
4. An animated DS meditation in 3D animation or motion graphics to aid visualization
5. A virtual altar which I can make daily virtual offerings to DS. (don't know if that is cheating or what ;D )

The comic book is great as an app, however i have downloaded the pdf version and it works well too on my ipad.

Hope there will be a great app on DS which will constantly aid my daily practice and understanding more in the near future. Keep my fingers crossed!

dsiluvu

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 01:01:18 PM »
I have just searched Android apps store (http://play.google.com) and Apple App Store, and there is no Dorje Shugden related apps.

What do you think of an mobile app to help the spread the King Dorje Shugden? If there is such app, what kind of feature you would like to see?

History/Lineage? Comics? Images? May be a link to the shop.dorjeshugden.com ?

Any comments?

I would like to access all the PRAYERS from this app. And would be excellent if this app allows you to CHAT/CONNECT with other Dorje Shugden practitioners around the world YEAH :))) Perhaps something like FB app or TWITTER for MOBILE? 

But yes yes pls pls have all the prayers and set up for PUJAS in there so wherever we go we can just turn our mobile/ipad/smart phones on and walah... instant prayer book and we should be able to send these prayers to people too. How exciting.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 10:30:35 AM »
I think that it would be a great idea to spread Lord Dorje Shugden's practise, the other day i bumped into a Dorje Shugden puzzle game app in play store, it's one of the very brilliant ways to bring Lord Dorje Shugden to more people.

angelica

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 04:23:41 PM »
I have just downloaded the Dorje Shugden photo puzzle. Is a normal puzzle game. But i think is a good idea too to introduce Dorje Shugden thru games, when we play the puzzle, we will be looking at Dorje Shugden photo all the time and it is a blessing to us.

If can have mobile apps for Dorje Shugden:
1. i think a DS divination board would be cool. So anyone that have problem can do divination and at the same time, mantra being introduce to the one that ask for divination.

2. The graphic novel of Dorje Shugden can be a free ebook for people to download at Play Store.

3. I like Aurore idea of a virtual altar, especially for those that always travel, can always hv a nice altar to do sadhanas. Maybe can allow one to choose what to have on an altar and brief explaination about those items on the altar too.

4. An audio to teach us how to pronounce the mantra correctly and also a worksheet to help keep track of the mantra count.

5. As Dorje Pakmo suggestion of action game, DS power will depend on the number of mantra one has collected. The mantra will b use to fight the evil spirit or help those in need. Maybe the background of the story will be the 6 realms.

To bring the Dorje Shugden to the younger generations, we need to use the modern technologies. The younger generations are very IT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

dondrup

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 08:15:34 AM »
With the advent of smartphones, so many applications have become available for the benefit of users!  It is a necessity if not a must to own smartphone nowadays.  The smartphone technology allows information to be disseminated quickly and conveniently throughout the world.

It is a briliant idea to tap into the smartphone platform to spread Dorje Shugden!  There are simply so many ideas for us to spread the Dorje Shugden lineage! 

However, right now, it is the lifting of the ban on Dorje Shugden that we or the community of Dorje Shugden followers should focus on.  And this is urgent!

I pray that Lord Dorje Shugden blesses us to come up quickly with an application that will inform the world clearly and effectively about the ban on Dorje Shugden practice, the sufferings of Dorje Shugden followers and the "hypocritic and false" Dalai Lama.  This application if it is made available, will be one of the most effective tools to bring down the ban on Dorje Shugden!  We can make it go viral!

Thousands of great applications - commercial or non-commercial have been developed on the smartphone platform.  I am very certain that the proposed application above is achievable. 

Kris, thanks for your excellent proposal for this application!