Author Topic: Do you know who Dalai Lama's own brother is?!  (Read 12552 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Do you know who Dalai Lama's own brother is?!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 07:07:47 AM »
It is acknowledged in several places that Ngari Rinpoche is an incarnation of Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen, though because the lineage of Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen has been decimated and shall not be recognised as decreed by the 5th Dalai Lama, this incarnation is not publicly recognised.

It's funny though that the Dalai Lama would wish to stop this incarnation lineage, with Dharma legends like Sakya Pandita, Panchen Sonam Drakpa and Duldzin Drakpa Gyeltsen just to name a few. Just by not recognising an incarnation, it does not mean that the incarnation is killed off or does not return, but the incarnation simply returns in under another anonymous name. The incarnation will also show signs of attainments from a illustrious lineage.

I find it the supreme irony though that Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen should incarnate as the Dalai Lama's own brother! Apparently Samdhong Rinpoche, who was the previous Kalon Tripa, is also an incarnation of Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen. And how can there be more than one incarnation? Because the enlightened beings are not subject to human laws as we know them so I do believe that they can definitely have multiple incarnations simultaneously. Intriguing.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 02:18:24 PM »
Oh my gosh, the Dalai Lama's OWN BROTHER!!!! Does this mean that the Dalai Lama's brother cannot interact with the Dalai Lama? There are so many points that are contradicting here. How can His Holiness ban his brother's lineage?

Another thing is, if Dorje Shugden is a demon, the is no way he could be near a holy being.So, how can he reincarnate to be a being so close to one of the most holiest beings on Earth? I think the Tibetan government tried to cover this up as it would cause bad reputation to the CTA and bad reputation to His Holiness.

negra orquida

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 02:50:58 AM »
This is really interesting! Well since Buddhism is about compassion and wisdom, it does make sense that Avalokiteshvara and Manjushri would be living under the same roof  :D

Surely surely, HHDL's entourage would have been aware of this situation where HHDL is technically banning his brother, who would be considered the emanation of DS, since he is the reincarnation of Ngari Rinpoche / TDG.  I'd like to think that HHDL had made a secret pact with Tenzin Choegyal, I just can't wait for the plot to unfold!

For those who wish to know more about Tenzin Choegyal, visit this -

http://lobeliatoadfoot.hubpages.com/hub/Tenzin-Choegyal--the-Dalai-Lamas-Brother

This link leads to a really interesting article that reveals about Tenzin Choegyal's personality and his thoughts on various topics from the reincarnation identification system to vegetarianism to monastic system. He is a very humble person who downplays himself very much but it is very clear that he is highly attained based on the things he talks about and his . Some parts of the article which i thought was interesting:

“I’d like to ask you a personal question,” Etiel said.
“No personal questions!” Tenzin joked with a grin.
“Why didn’t you remain a monk?”
“I wasn’t up to the task. It was like wearing the skin of a tiger.”
  I wonder what this means?

“When people are desperate, thoughts are going everywhere. Then I became interested in Buddhism and it helped. People who become depressed are undisciplined. We are meditating all the time, but not properly.”
“What if you were in that role [Rinpoche], and it was discovered you were bipolar?” someone asked.
“They’d know they made a mistake,” Tenzin replied. “We are all reincarnates from previous lives—identifying reincarnation, it only exists in Tibet, and I don’t know why—this continuity of the practice and to a particular lineage. In history, it became a problem. I personally don’t feel it’s a good idea.”
“Why?”
“Look at me…. There are many loopholes—it is not handled properly, a tulku [one who is identified as a reincarnate lama] becomes a symbol of earthly existence. When I talk like this, people think I’m a traitor.”

“Do you discuss this with your brother?”
“He accepts.”
  Why did he refer to himself as a  "loophole"?

Tenzin is highly critical of the Tibetan monastic system and explained that it’s intellectual understanding rather than practice. They do practice meditation and chanting, but that’s not the same thing as experiencing equanimity when mean people are attacking you. It’s much more challenging to practice when you’re not in a monastery. He said some people join the monastery because they get free food. Basically, there are some things he likes about Tibetan Buddhism (otherwise he wouldn’t be so into studying the dharma now), and other things he doesn’t like about Tibetan Buddhism. He would like practice to be more secular.
  Personally i think this is not addressed to just the monastic system, it is applicable to any ordained and lay practitioner.

Tenzin said, “The Tibetan issue—it’s a small speck.” This has occurred to me often enough, like when I’ve donated to the International Campaign to Tibet, even though I don’t think that organization is half as important as the Global Fund for Women. “The Tibetan problem comes from carelessness, not caring, so what does it say?”

From what i read of the article, it appears that his stance seems to be the opposite of HHDL's?  However because this article is a blog, I cannot be sure of the authenticity and validity of the information there.  It would be REALLY interesting if whatever was quoted is true.

icy

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 10:34:56 AM »
The Department of Theology and Religious Studies at the University of San Francisco described Ngari Rinpoche as a leading political and religious figure, former military officer, reincarnated Rinpoche, and brother to the current Dalai Lama, Tenzin Choegyal is a man of many lives.  His thinking on contemporary issues related to Tibet, China, religion, and the search for happiness is fresh, provocative, and guaranteed to stimulate further reflection.

In the recent issues of self-immolation of Tibetans in fighting for freedom of Tibet, Ngari Rinpoche shares his middle view:
"Our mission is ongoing appeal to Chinese government dialogue with Dalai Lama to achieve meaningful autonomy for all Tibetans and appeal to the UNO to crackdown human rights abuse, violations and produce level of freedom for Tibetans inside Tibet. For all Tibetans to maintain on this strategy, we must stay on nonviolent movement, none whatsoever in act of violence and such showing anger and frustration."

icy

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 11:16:43 AM »
The young Tenzin Choegyal, Ngari Rinpoche in Lhasa Tibet.

dsdisciple

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 08:54:36 AM »
Just another interesting thought about HHDL brother...

I cannot be sure but I read HHDL biography about his time in Tibet pre-59 exodus about 10 years ago...and wondered...

exact / quote  by HHDL recalling the birth of his younger brother? Originally his Mother mis-carried but through the prayers of so many enlightened masters and others  for an auspicious rebirth, the Mother HHDL Mother fell pregnant sometime later. I think through divination or something like that HHDL mentions that the mindstream of his younger brother (current incarnation Ngari Rinpoche) was the same as the previous younger brother that died.

I wondered why? when I read this fact stuck in my mind until now. I don't have the actual book now but if someone who has could check that would be great. I will track down another copy of this out of print book and re-read the relevant section / post for everyone. :D

I guess this raises the question that the 5th Dalai Lama and TDG have such a close relationship, irregardless of external appearances, time  and situational karma.

Makes me think that if TDG is supposed to be a gyalpo why do special prayers for an auspicious rebirth and then make a comment that the mindstream are the same. That definitely runs counter to the misinformation about DS.

All is definitely not what it seems I think?

xo

montymonkey123

• Email
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 02:47:51 PM »
It is wonderful to see two Bodhisattvas are incarnated  within the same family and benefiting so many sentient beings at the same time in this world. Even though there is a ban of Dorje Shugden, the younger brother of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama is an incarnation of Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen. What irony! His Holiness should understand what he is doing to the ban, it might cause trouble for his own younger brother. I hope this revelations will contribute to the speedy uplifting of the ban which we can help speed up by allowing people to know more about Dorje Shugden and make Dorje Shugden's name spread far and wide.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 07:37:40 AM »

I guess this raises the question that the 5th Dalai Lama and TDG have such a close relationship, irregardless of external appearances, time  and situational karma.

Makes me think that if TDG is supposed to be a gyalpo why do special prayers for an auspicious rebirth and then make a comment that the mindstream are the same. That definitely runs counter to the misinformation about DS.

All is definitely not what it seems I think?

xo

From here it is pretty obvious that the Dalai Lama and Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen are actually very close to each other but in order to tame the minds of people, they had to manifest political intrigue. It would be extremely difficult to judge what would the Dalai Lama's thoughts would be or what his true motivations are, but one thing for sure is that you dont see the Dalai Lama degenerating as someone who broke their tantric commitments would. That does tell you a lot.