Author Topic: Pabongkha Rinpoche's meditation cave in Tibet  (Read 6060 times)

Namdrol

• Email
Pabongkha Rinpoche's meditation cave in Tibet
« on: January 14, 2013, 03:20:56 AM »
Pabongkha Rinpoche's meditation cave in Tibet

diablo1974

Re: Pabongkha Rinpoche's meditation cave in Tibet
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 03:35:08 AM »
Beautiful pictures! Great beings like Pabongkha Rinpoche's can meditate in caves for years without worrying much about their personal needs. They are not affected by external physical discomfort but channel their energy and effort in looking into their mind and practice.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 01:37:43 AM »
wow! Imagine being able to practice in that cave someday and absorb in all the positive energies and imprints that Pabongkha Rinpoche has left there during his retreat! It would surely be able to tap into our own at the same time! It would be very blessed just to visit and be able to get a feel of the positive energies there. It is a very blessed place indeed as it would probably be where Vajrayogini and the other Yidams appear to Pabongkha Rinpoche as well. Thanks for posting up the pictures as well as his personal Vajrayogini statue!

Big Uncle

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 08:56:15 AM »
Wow! I wonder what's with the giant eye and it looks like a self-arising eye of Heruka and they just painted it. This is really so cool and I am sure the eye appeared because of the special energy that arisen from the retreats that Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche performed over there. I love the picture and I do hope that I will have the special merit to be able to make a pilgrimage to this holy spot one day and perform special prayers over there. Tibet is amazing for having so many special being have taken rebirth there to benefit others by perserving and propagating the Buddhadharma. It would take a special merit to meet the Dharma and even more so to meet a Tantric master, develop devotion and practice the Tantras.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 09:09:03 AM »
Wow! I wonder what's with the giant eye and it looks like a self-arising eye of Heruka and they just painted it. This is really so cool and I am sure the eye appeared because of the special energy that arisen from the retreats that Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche performed over there. I love the picture and I do hope that I will have the special merit to be able to make a pilgrimage to this holy spot one day and perform special prayers over there. Tibet is amazing for having so many special being have taken rebirth there to benefit others by perserving and propagating the Buddhadharma. It would take a special merit to meet the Dharma and even more so to meet a Tantric master, develop devotion and practice the Tantras.

Actually the eye also looks like Dorje Shugden's eye, but now that you mentioned it does such an eye exist? If it does it would be highly blessed indeed. Pabongkha Rinpoche is a huge inspiration for us all -- he barely made it as a geshe and is not known to be the studious type, but from that state he arose as a highly attained practitioner. it wasnt like he was intelligent when he was born or from when he was young -- his realizations and Guru devotion transformed him to be the Lama he is today.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 03:05:54 PM »
Namdrol, thanks for sharing all these wonderful pictures here. I was wondering if this very holy site is made into a tourist spot. I pray that there are caretakers maintaining and preserving this blessed spot where HH Pabongkha Rinpoche did his meditations. I would certainly like to go on a pilgrimage to this holy cave too and to also practice Guru devotion like Pabongkha Rinpoche did. My favorite photograph would be the one with the altar. So happy to note that the altar is being kept neat and in good condition.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 04:25:15 AM »
Namdrol, thanks for sharing all these wonderful pictures here. I was wondering if this very holy site is made into a tourist spot. I pray that there are caretakers maintaining and preserving this blessed spot where HH Pabongkha Rinpoche did his meditations. I would certainly like to go on a pilgrimage to this holy cave too and to also practice Guru devotion like Pabongkha Rinpoche did. My favorite photograph would be the one with the altar. So happy to note that the altar is being kept neat and in good condition.

It's a good thing that the Cultural Revolution missed this spot, but even if they didnt miss, the spot looks very well taken care of. One can only imagine how bad this place would have looked if the CTA took over Tibet and how they would destroy this holy spot because of Pabongkha Rinpoche's association with Dorje Shugden. And so a holy site would be destroyed by the CTA. Given the amount of Dorje Shugden chapels in Tibet, if CTA took control of Tibet all of those chapels would be erased, so its just better if the CTA never gets Tibet ever again until they lift the Dorje Shugden ban.

pgdharma

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 09:21:04 AM »
Thank you, Namdrol, for the beautiful pictures. From the pictures, the cave is well taken care of by the caretakers. It would be so blessed to visit this holy site and be able to make special prayers there. I love the altar with the beautiful lighted up butter lamps.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 06:25:24 AM »
I really love those  statues that Pabongkha Rinpoche has. they look very detailed and very high quality and i can only imagine how blessed those statues are. I wonder if this place can be visited by tourists though, because i'd be very interested to get blessings from here it is possible to visit. It is a very blessed place indeed. May all of us one day have the chance to visit and take photos of it.

I wonder tho if it's possible to make copies of the Vajrayogini and the Lama Tsongkhapa Statues? it would be very blessed if that was possible :)

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 04:28:32 PM »
I am so fortunate to have found this post with such beautiful and holy images.  The cave where Pabongka Rinpoche meditated in, in Tibet.

It has been told that after receiving a teaching from Pabongka Rinpoche's Guru, he would go into this cave to meditate and reflect on the teachings, of which later Pabongka gave a 24 day teaching, recorded and written by Trijang Rinpoche of which we now study as the Lamrim.

Would be wonderful to be able to visit this holy place.  Wonder if it is open to public?

psylotripitaka

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 07:44:45 PM »
Namdrol, thank you. Curious if u know which specific hermitage this is?

Ensapa, Je Pabongkhapa was an incarnation of Krishnapada who had achieved the Union of Heruka at the time of his death by transforming the clear light into the Dharmakaya, so Heruka Pabongkhapa was definitely not an ordinary person from the time of his birth.