Author Topic: Not so good news for Buddhists  (Read 12284 times)

Jessie Fong

Re: Not so good news for Buddhists
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 11:52:59 AM »
It is appalling to say the least to hear of news of such incidents by the religious community.  We have read of such abuse in other religious communities and we are so small to think that it will not happen to Buddhists.

I believe such incidents happen because the few of them were not so grounded in the teachings; that they swayed away from the good and into the evil path.

ratanasutra

Re: Not so good news for Buddhists
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 05:24:06 PM »
i will says that all this things can be happened with all religions as they are human, even tho they have vows and commitment to do. It just of the matter we come across the news or not.

How many people that engage into the practice with pure motivation and develop the mind to be strong and firm and go all the way in the spiritual path which they should, with now a days there are so many things that shaking the feeling and their mind and it create more delusion instead of control it.

i look at the norm otherwise Buddha will not create vows and precepts for monk to follow and if the state of mind and the practice of all monks are same level then all will gain enlightenment. It does not happen this way in the past and especial in the present and in the future which is the degenerate time.