Author Topic: Proof of the bigger picture - Chinese demanded monks to worship Shugden!!!  (Read 30517 times)

Namdrol

• Email
An amazing account in this book mentions that the Chinese patriotic education work team actually demanded the monks in some monastery to worship Shugden (because it is banned by the Dalai Lama), this must be the real reason behind the Dalai Lama's ban, and this is what this website dorjeshugden.com has been advocating always, to make Shugden big in China...the truth is surfacing!!!

Woeser, a quarter-Han and three quarters-Tibetan, was born in Lhasa. Her grandfather was an officer in the Nationalist Army of the Kuomintang and her father was a high rank Army officer in the People's Liberation Army. When she was a small child, her family relocated to the Kham area of western Sichuan province. In 1988, she graduated from Southwest University for Nationalities in Chengdu with a degree in Chinese literature. She worked as a reporter in Kardzé and later in Lhasa and has lived in Beijing since 2003 as a result of political problems. Woeser is married to Wang Lixiong, a renowned author who frequently writes about Tibet. According to Reporters sans frontières, "Woeser is one of the few Tibetan authors and poets to write in Chinese."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 12:45:10 AM by Admin »

Big Uncle

Hahaha! We could have seen this coming. It is just a matter of time that the Chinese would come clean with this. They are doing it covertly now and perhaps later, they will be more open and forceful about this especially when the Dalai Lama is not with us anymore. The Chinese would do anything to break the independent spirt of the Tibetan people, which appears to be embodied by their belief in the Dalai Lama.

In that way, the Dalai Lama is very skillful and he foresaw what the Chinese would do for Dorje Shugden. Some would argue it was shrewdness and some would say it was clairvoyance of Chenrezig. It doesn't matter. Through his ban alone created so much hype and promotion that no pujas or marketing team could have brought Dorje Shugden to the world in such a quick manner. That means the Dalai Lama have never forsaken his lineage and Lamas. In fact, he risked everything for it.

He knew many Shugden practitioners would have to 'suffer' for Dorje Shugden to grow big. Some would argue that he is not very compassionate. Real practitioners will say that he is very skillful and that he was working for a bigger picture to be realized. Whatever the viewpoint, the Dalai Lama would be remembered by the results of his actions.

hope rainbow

It is very fortunate though that the Dalai Lama is knowledgeable, skillfull and qualified and picked Dorje Shugden. It shows who the Dala Lama really is. It shows that he is applying his bodhisattva vows, it is clear.
This makes me very happy!

There is much more to come, much more!
I am so impatient now...

let's see what the Panchen Lamas do.
Let's see what Trijang Rinpoche does in the years to come...
Let's see, and let's get involved, this is our golden opportunity!

shugdenprotect

• Email
Wow, many people must be rejoicing from within!

After reading this thread, the first thought that came to mind is: the Dharma can only cause benefit irregardless of how "crazy" the scenario may look to the naked eye. Despite the suffering that many had to go through as a consequence of the ban, I believe that they understood the works of the 3 Jewels and held fast onto their faith that good will eventually come out of the entire controversy.

As Dharma practitioners, we learn that suffering is the best way to purify our negative karma. In fact, it is said by some that the opportunity to suffer for others is a blessing in disguise. Thus, those who suffered for all sentient beings during the ban contributed to creating the cause of our beloved Protector's practice to flourish to new parts of the world. Imagine the merits they would collect based on the law of cause and effect! I rejoice for them and thank them sincerely. I also pray that they will witness the lift of the ban and the entry of Lord Dorje Shugden's practice into mainstream Buddhadharma.

In the meantime, in addition to prayers, action must be taken NOW. So, I thank the website team for creating this constructive space for each of us to learn and TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION to cause the end to the ban.

I look forward to the day when Dorje Shugden is known to and practiced by millions of Chinese passionately and openly.

Tammy

I always believe the 'ban' is HHDL's way to spread the practice of Dorje Shugden. Now the more powerful force in the mainland had taken the 'bait' and act accordingly, although the way they force the monks to practice DS is unpleasant, it could be viewed as a form of purification for those who has, thus far, refused to start the practice. In time to come, i am sure the great protector will set foot in China, benefiting billions of people.

For now, let's do our part and to pray for the swift lifting of the ban..
Down with the BAN!!!

icy

Obviously, the Dalai Lama who has the bigger vision of preserving Dorje Shugden lineage orchestrated the controversies of Dorje Shugden at all cost to make sure it remains and continuously benefit mankind in this world.  Tibet may be lost to the Chinese but Dorje Shugden shall continue to remain and benefit many by the skillfulness of Dalai Lama.  Isn't this the most important reason for preserving Dorje Shugden's teaching?

Tibetans and Tibetan Lamas can come and go.  Today they can be Tibetans but next life they can be Chinese in China or elsewhere in the world that is most conducive to continue the lineage and practice if it is safely preserved.  Hence in the next era it may be Chinese upholding and preserving the lineage who were ex-Tibetan shudgenpas in their previous lives.   

" ...........Therefore, Shariputra, in emptiness, there is no form, no feeling, no perception, no formation, no consciousness; no eye, no ear, no nose, no tongue, no body, no mind; no appearance, no sound, no smell, no taste, no touch, .................."

pgdharma

Hahaha yaaay, then what we say about His Holiness The Dalai Lama creating this ban is for a bigger picture is correct. Yes, the truth is surfacing! It showed us how skilful and compassionate HHDL is. China will do everything against HHDL and by the ban China will demand that the monks and the lay people worship Dorje Shugden. Just imagine with such a big population in China, Dorje Shugden will spread and flourish like wild fire!

Let us do our part and help expedite the lifting of the ban :)

Aurore

It is unsurprising that the Chinese patriotic would force the monks to worship Shugden because it would mean the monks are defying Dalai Lama and that is their intention. To get people to denounce the Dalai Lama. To them practicing Shugden showcase that.

The clairvoyance of Dalai Lama has seen this coming and I so wish CTA and anti-Shugden would see this and realise that Dorje Shugden is no where near a dying practice but spreading like wild fire. As long as the Chinese do not see through HHDL's intentions.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Dear Namdrol

This is really an amazing piece of news! Goodness… I’m gobsmacked and impressed that you managed to find this gem! I’m curious if you just stumbled on it or somebody told you about it.

Anyway, back to this issue, I do agree with Tammy in that I am not thrilled about the Chinese authorities’ forcing monks to worship Dorje Shugden. Coercion of any form to follow any spiritual path simply does not sit well with me. However, coercion to stop people from following a spiritual path – i.e. the ban – sits worse with me.

If the Chinese authorities can attempt to force monks to worship Dorje Shugden, I wonder if they would help to promote Dorje Shugden more openly, such as sponsor the building of large and grand public Dorje Shugden temples in the main cities like Beijing and Shanghai. Superficially, wouldn’t these temples be a so-called ‘slap’ to HH the Dalai Lama? China should so do this! LOL

Aurore - i am sure the Chinese authorities read this website and i do wonder what they think of the bigger picture hypothesis. Perhaps they should come in and chat or perhaps they do already. Wouldn't it be cool if the CTA and the Chinese authorities started a discussion here!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Galen

• Email
It comes as a no surprise that the China Government is promoting Shugden because as always against the Dalai Lama and what he does. So, when the Dalai Lama discourages Shugden Practice, the China government will push for it to spread even wider. This is because the people will follow what their leaders says as they were under communist rule for a long time. Now, there is evidence that the government is doing it openly!!

Whether this is what the Dalai Lama wanted or not, i choose to believe that it is done out of his clairvoyance. Because the Dalai Lama is able to see what good this ban entails. Billions of Chinese will practice Dorje Shugden, Promotion of Dorje Shugden will be done more aggressively and attract attention of media and the world. And when the ban is lifted, we already have a movement of practitioners to spread it even further and wider. How clever!

JD

Please note the publication is referring to terrible and sad events of May 2008. Violent beatings for various matters still continue to the present 2012. We may not fathom the thinking that has inspired all these actions.

May the light of the Dharma spread in the 10 directions and especially to all suffering beings in China.

May the suffering of the Chinese/Tibetans/Minorities/Foreigners/etc who reside within those borders dwindle away and may greater understanding and peace between them arise, never diminish and always grow.

vajrastorm

Thank you, Namdrol, for this amazing piece of evidence that the bigger picture is already unfolding. Yes, it's not surprising that skillful and compassionate Chenrezig would have engineered this. Though the spread of Shugden practice is on a small scale here and at the expense of the suffering of the monks being violently coerced to practice Shugden,yet the result or effect is there for all to see.The Chinese are, indeed, playing into the skillful hands of the Dalai Lama.

Thus, we must always remind ourselves of the advice of Trijang Rinpoche (in Music Delighting the Ocean of Protectors) that we should not take sides in this controversy and be judgemental and critical of the Dalai Lama because we , ordinary beings cannot fathom the ways and means of Enlightened Beings.The ban has had its desired result in this case, even though at the expense of much suffering.

Being heartened by this latest piece of information,we must now engage earnestly and urgently  in positive steps and peaceful means to create great causes for the ban to be lifted soon.The practice of Dorje Shugden must  swiftly grow and spread far and wide  as he is the Dharma Protector of  the unmistaken fully complete Gelugpa/Je Tsongkapa's  teachings,so necessary for this final period of Buddha's Teachings. This forum and this website have always been pointing the way.Let's support it all the way.

Positive Change

The next chapter is indeed unfolding before our eyes... The "ground work" or the foundations set by HHDL is coming to fruition. I feel this is the turning point whereby we will start seeing a more visible push towards Dorje Shugden practice in China. I am sure this would only increase in the future...

Truly using skillful means to fuel the delusions which garners positive results in the long run or bigger picture. Surely the spread of Dorje Shugden practice in China will spearhead a domino effect throughout the globe. After all, where else in every single major and minor city is there the prevalent Chinese Culture so intact so much so when they see their "richer" cousin moving into this direction, they will surely follow suit!

Barzin

Maybe it is just me, I was thinking.. could it be that the Shugden practitioners suffered tremendously for the ban is actually to purify the negative karma of the Chinese to receive the practice of Dorje Shugden.  However I was also thinking the holy Sanghas were the larger group that suffered from this ban, it simply means the karma of the Chinese receiving the practice is tremendous. If I am right, this is really His Holiness exuding real compassion for the Chinese.  Ironically, the more His Holiness go against the practice, the more the Chinese will pick it up.

We see it coming, of course we Dorje Shugden practitioners are anxious about lifting the ban soon.  However, over the months, the practice was actually encouraged in China.  It takes time for the practice to grow but it is growing.  I am very happy that the Chinese has the honour to be able to receive the king.  Afterall, Dorje Shugden has a strong karmic relations with the Chinese.

Soon, they will see the benefits.

VS

This is really a great piece of news to rejoice. I am not surprise that the Chinese will promote directly or indirectly Dorje Shugden practice as HH Dalai Lama is against this practice.

Furthermore, the Chinese cultural is rich and they have been handed down from thousand of years ago. They even have a beautiful huge Lama Tsongkhapa statue in Yong He Gong.

No doubt, there are a lot of monks, Tibetans and Dorje Shugden practitioners having to go through lots of hardship and sufferings. I have been taught that for something great that is tremendously beneficial to manifest, there will be more and greater obstacles to overcome before its manifestation. Reason being the clearing of the negative karmas of the people and sentient beings who are going to benefit.

I have also seen how some great masters have to endure sickness or great obstacles before giving any dharma talk or while spear heading great dharma projects.

May all these sufferings and hardship pay off with the lifting of the ban and the growth of Dorje Shugden practice.