Author Topic: Lama Osel at FPMT in Italy  (Read 25354 times)

Big Uncle

Re: Lama Osel at FPMT in Italy
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2012, 06:35:34 AM »
I see some similarities between HH Trijang Rinpoche and Lama Osel. Both decided to disrobe most likely due to the ban. They are both known to be a strong Dorje Shugden practitioner. Their reason to disrobe mainly because the ban is issued with political motive. If they are still monks, they will be forced to take their stance on this issue which is against their vows. Their act is also to protect their students. if a student does not follow guru's instructions, has negative doubts in one's guru, they will create negative karma and instead of progressing in their spiritual path, they degenerate. Students in Kopan monastery and FMTP have clearly broken their guru samaya when they abandoned the practice given by their guru.

I believe the 'reappearance' of Lama Osel might be a sign that there would be new development on the ban that is in favour of the practitioners. Lama Osel and HH Trijang Rinpoche are great masters, I look fantastic forward to their return.

Well, Dolce Vita,
I share similar thoughts with the re-emergence of Lama Osel, it could mean that there could be development on the ban. However, there doesn't seem to be any new news with regards to the ban. I rejoice anyway that if there's a new teacher to lead FPMT, the lineage could be spread farther and wider. On the other hand, HH Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche offered his robes back and lives in America, married to a consort because his monastic education and so forth would be interrupted if he didn't swear against Dorje Shugden. And then, on the other hand, the Dorje Shugden movement is looking at him and hoping he would be their head against the Dalai Lama, who's his Guru.

At such a young age, Kyabje Trijang was forced to make a tough decision. He chose to return his vows and head to America. It was a tough decision but he maintained his Samaya and he seemed to be just waiting for the right time in America to emerge. In fact, in recent years, Trijang Rinpoche has emerged and have appeared in certain public events. Perhaps, its another clue that the ban's days are numbered. Its quite early to speculate but the signs are out there and it is all very exciting.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2012, 02:50:47 AM »
Lama Osel should get closer to His Holiness Dalai Lama and receive the teachings, lineage, empowerments, transmissions that is required for him to carry on his works.

Since HHDL has recognized him as the authentic incarnation of Lama Yeshe, there must be a reason for this.

I would be happy to see Lama Osel in Dharamsala with us obtaining the precious dharma from HHDL.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2012, 02:21:32 AM »
I was wondering. Lama Osel went off the 'wrong track' and left Sera and now hangin' in Ibizia, Spain with his girlfriend. Do you think this could be the result of worshipping Shugden spirit in his previous life?? Just a thought.  ???

dsdisciple

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2012, 06:23:38 AM »
Or the opposite could be that the students samaya and negative karma created by not practicing DS another thought?  ;) also this is just another example of tulkus  in the west manifesting dharma in a different path?

we can agree to disagree on this forum but just because we do not see I to eye. Doesn't mean we can't present both sides and let people decide for themselves than just to follow blindly a point if view.

xo

Zach

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2012, 08:21:59 AM »
I was wondering. Lama Osel went off the 'wrong track' and left Sera and now hangin' in Ibizia, Spain with his girlfriend. Do you think this could be the result of worshipping Shugden spirit in his previous life?? Just a thought.  ???

If you take refuge in spirits you end up with a rebirth in a lower realm not with a precious human life. Shows how much you know.

Big Uncle

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2012, 08:41:52 AM »

Dear Tenzin Gyatso,
According to Tibetan Lamas, they consider Lama Yeshe a highly attained Lama due to the accomplishments of his previous life and the way he passed away. Therefore, his current actions are interpreted to be the result of broken samaya. The broken samaya has made it difficult for Lama Yeshe to manifest the actions of a Lama in order to benefit his former students. What's the broken samaya? The abandonment of Dorje Shugden practice. Perhaps, when the ban is over and the students practice Dorje Shugden again, Lama Osel would be able to manifest as Lama once more.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »

On a side note, it is taught that those who take refuge in a spirit will be reborn as a spirit in their next life, but i see so many Dorje Shugden lamas coming back by the droves. Trijang Rinpoche, Domo Geshe Rinpoche, Lama Osel are just the few who came back and who also joined monasteries and are gathering students. How do you reconcile that? that the sutras are wrong?

Lama Osel unable to manifest as a Lama in this life is because many of his students focused on other things rather than focus on the Dharma and misled as well as created a lot of schism many people who joined centers that did not align to them politically. There are heavy repercussions from all of these and one of them is that it generates the force to push their teacher further and further away from them.

I dont think its the fault of the Lama but rather the fault of the students for joining the center and being his students for the wrong reasons. It is very easy to get caught up in other matters other than the Dharma such as the cultural aspects and political aspects of Buddhism when the motivation for studying it in the first place is wrong. And thus, this is the result that we can observe today.

Also, what is wrong with a Lama who decides to be unconventional in appearance? Perhaps Lama Osel has another group of students or would be students with him that we cannot see for now. The 6th Dalai Lama didint manifest as a traditional Lama but he benefitted many just as well. Perhaps that will happen with Lama Osel but one thing for sure is that unless FPMT cleans up their act, Lama Osel will not go back to teach.