Author Topic: Tragic or Blessed? (Trijang Rinpoche & Previous Life Painting in Chatreng  (Read 10811 times)

dsiluvu

Re: Tragic or Blessed? (Trijang Rinpoche & Previous Life Painting in Chatreng
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »
The first thing when I read this and crossed my mind was what a beautiful way to go! How meritorious indeed this artist is. Perhaps he was suppose to die even sooner but because of his sacred holy work... his life was prolonged and he went right after completing it. Now I know many on the outside who has no Dharma would perhaps see it as a tragedy because they would say and think how come he the artist did such wonderful works and then died in tragic car accident??? This is where we need to educate and explain well how Dharma works. Most of the time there is a lack of understanding from others outside is because we do not know how to explain to others.

I personally see that he has died leaving a beautiful sacred blessed piece of art that benefits so many people that will see it, gain blessings for many years to come. If the artist had a good motivation I am sure the artist will take a good rebirth even though he passed away in such a tragic death. May he return to continue his Dharma work.   

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Tragic or Blessed? (Trijang Rinpoche & Previous Life Painting in Chatreng
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 03:45:31 AM »
A little info on paintings of thangkas of lamas together with their previous lives: it is a very powerful tool to generate the merits for the particular Lama to return, if the Lama has passed away, and to resume his Dharma work in full force. Every time his disciples make a prayer to this thangka, they create the cause for their Lama to return and for the Lama's Dharma work to expand and grow. Now, imagine the merits that will be created by the person who painted this thangka so that others can pray to it.

Correct me if i am wrong, but if i remember, thangkas of these type are call trungkap