Author Topic: people are aware now.  (Read 6838 times)

Ensapa

• Email
people are aware now.
« on: June 18, 2012, 04:03:54 PM »
Thanks to the work of WSS and NKT, more and more people are now aware of the Dorje Shugden issue. People are starting to question HHDL. They know. This is not Tibet where everyone believes the CTA. This is the world and we have internet, investigation, study, we have people who are not even Buddhists study and investigate things and they are neither scholars not scientists. They are just average people like you and me who despise ignorance until they actually do research instead of blindly accepting public opinion. More and more people like these person will appear in the future and HHDL's credibility will be undermined slowly due to the ban. How compassionate of HHDL to do so, and how stupid those crusaders will look when they face these people.

Darkness behind the guru-bubble
Mike Carlton
June 18, 2011
OPINION
Read later
Ads by Google

Easily Learn To Meditatewww.OmHarmonics.com
Discover How Meditation Can Help You with Healing. Get Free Audio!
After careful thought, I have decided, like the Prime Minister, that I have no time in my busy schedule to meet Jetsun Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.

This may be my loss. When Tony Abbott saw the bouncy bonze on Tuesday he announced that their meeting had been "good and constructive". He had gained "an added consciousness of the importance of the spiritual dimension to life", he said, without a hint of irony.

Makes you feel all warm and runny inside, that does. Perhaps they discussed homosexuality, where their views happily coincide, one mad monk to another. His Holiness regards gay or lesbian sex as a sin, and even masturbation - or "use of the hand", as he coyly puts it - is "sexual misconduct''. And oral sex, too. And gay marriage. Also bad.

The starry-eyed idealists who believe the Dalai Lama to be goodness incarnate must be unaware of this puritan streak. His Holiness swans around the world on a cloud of adulation, much of it generated by an uncritical Western media.

Journalists who would not hesitate to take a stick to the Pope or the Archbishop of Canterbury for their failings report the Dalai Lama's giggly banalities with all the fawning solemnity of truth revealed. There is a curious notion in the West that Asian religions in general, and Tibetan Buddhism in particular, have reached an ethereal plane of spiritual perfection beyond the reach of the rest of us.

Silliness is one thing. Nastiness is another. The so-called apostle of kindness has been ruthless in crushing a rival Tibetan Buddhist sect known as Dorje Shugden, expelling its monks from monasteries and ostracising or exiling its adherents.

And it is almost forgotten now, but about 20 years ago he accepted more than $2 million in donations from the Japanese terrorist Shoko Asahara, leader of the Aum doomsday cult, who thereafter murdered 11 people and poisoned thousands more by releasing sarin nerve gas in a Tokyo subway.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/darkness-behind-the-gurububble-20110617-1g7si.html#ixzz1yA1Z3jMQ

The article is kinda long but i snipped out the interesting parts. Although some parts of the article are somewhat malicious, I have removed them, but this goes to show that nothing can be hidden from the world, including what the ban had did to many people and monks from the monasteries, and this is why CTA better be careful of what they are doing.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
Re: people are aware now.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 03:27:09 AM »
What Ensapa said is true. Although some do not exactly know the whole story of the ban, but due to WSS/ NKT and the protests etc, people are beginning to question and ask what's with this controversy. As Dalai Lama wins a prize, or visits another country, journalists have to find stories to write, and they can't be repeating His Holiness' biography for the 150th time, so now they have a different angle to work on. 

In a recent article in The Daily Telegraph that discusses reincarnation, I was surprised to see desriptions of our holy protector up there  :)

Reincarnation? Surely we’ve been here before
At least Joanna Lumley doesn’t indulge in celebrity memoirs from a past life with royalty.

By Christopher Howse
8:39PM BST 28 May 2012

Usually it’s with Aztecs, or possibly ancient Egyptians. If not, then in some royal court. That’s where reincarnated people remember living before. The unusual thing about the past life that Joanna Lumley suspects she had is its modesty. “I think I might have been a boy in the First World War,” she says.
The actress felt immense calm, she said this week, when she visited Ypres, where presumably her past self fell. This sort of feeling – having been here before and recognising something that means a lot – compels some people to think reincarnation must be true. I wonder.

There is, to be sure, respectable reincarnation, of the Tibetan Buddhist school. Then there is wacky reincarnation, of what may be called the Shirley MacLaine school.

In 1938 a three-year-old boy on the bare Tibetan plateau of Amdo was shown some objects by a party of visitors. “Mine, mine,” he said of some. They became convinced he was the reincarnation of the 13th Dalai Lama, who had died a year before. He even remembered where his predecessor had left his false teeth. And so Lhamo Thondup became recognised as the 14th Dalai Lama.

His is a poignant story. He was taken from the windy fields of buckwheat to a vast monastery where he found companionship in the mice that ran over his bed. More troublesome later were Mao Tse-tung and his successors, who drove him into exile.

The Chinese now try to beat the Tibetan Buddhists at their own reincarnation game. When the Dalai Lama dies they will no doubt pick some promising boy and have his past-life credentials certified by stooges. To head off the divisions this would cause, the present Dalai Lama has announced that he might be the last, being regarded as an enlightened one with the choice of how he might be reincarnated. “Naturally my next life is entirely up to me,” he said a few months ago.

The Tibetan Buddhist school of reincarnation’s respectability need not make it true. The Dalai Lama has just been awarded the Templeton prize, the first winner of which, 40 years ago, was Mother Teresa. They strike the world as obviously good people. But it is impossible to see how they can both be right in their beliefs.

Tibetan Buddhism is a far-away religion of which we know little. Compassion and reincarnation sound comforting. The fearsome, fang-baring, three-eyed, orange-flame-spouting Dorje Shugden or Dolgyal does not. His crown is of five skulls and his necklace of freshly severed heads. This deity, or protector of dharma, depending on how you look at it, should not be propitiated, the Dalai Lama insists, for that would be spirit-worship. Others strongly disagree, which is why you often hear protesters shouting at the Dalai Lama.

The Dorje Shugden controversy suggests how much about Tibetan Buddhism is unfamiliar. You can’t just pick the reincarnation on the menu and skip the wrathful deities.
In the West, an awful lot of Buddhism-fanciers are the toe-in-the-water kind. They don’t get up at 4am to meditate. I walked past a nightclub called Buddha the other day. No nightclubs are called Mohammed. We’re not taking Buddhism seriously.

“I was in the court of Charlemagne,” wrote Shirley MacLaine in her masterpiece The Camino, about walking to Santiago. Its subtitle is A Pilgrimage of Courage. The true courage must have come in publishing it.
Miss MacLaine not only discovered her close friendship with the Carolingian emperor, but tracked down his own future life. He turned up as Olaf Palme, “the Swedish prime minister with whom I had a love affair and whom I had written about in Out on a Limb and disguised as a British politician from the Labour Party”. Many politicians from the Labour Party must have breathed easier after reading that.

I can’t remember whether Miss MacLaine visited Aztec Mexico, but she had a memorable time in Lemuria, a civilisation of which Atlantis was part until everything got a bit too watery. “Did I have a child in this Lemuria?” she asks a spirit-guide in The Camino. “You simply impregnated yourself with your own androgynous desire,” came the reply. Easy as pie, when you know how.

Reincarnation is the in thing now, as spiritualism was after the First World War. It meets a longing for a life beyond the mundane. Spiritualism was not discredited by exposure of table-turning tricksters with Red Indian friends on the other side and false ectoplasm on this side. It just grew unfashionable, like the aspidistra.

Now it’s the “spiritual” without the -ism. This takes in crystals, angels, standing stones, Gaia, a diet of fruit and nuts and, in a weakened sense, the euro. Reincarnation, coherent or not, hardly deserves to be thrown into the same bran tub. Christians, though, believe, according to their creed, in almost the opposite, declaring that they look forward to the resurrection of the body. But that’s another story.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 04:01:27 AM »
As I have mentioned before, people these days want to support the victims. The jews got attention because they were massacred by the nazis, Aung San Su Kee got attention because she did was ostracized by her own country and put under house arrest for championing democracy, for pushing forth her belief and was firm in it, the bosnians, and who could forget the really viral video about kony who oppressed his people? The Tibetan cause was also popular and garnered attention because the Tibetans placed themselves in a position where they claim that China invaded their country and that their country was good before that happened and that China came in and killed many people....that is until people start studying the history of Tibet and learned that some of the punishments imposed are chopping off hands for stealing and eye gouging for anarchy, and having hot oil poured into the sockets.....gosh. And thats when people realize they've been duped, and leave the cause and turn their back on it.

the victims, us, the Dorje Shugden practitioners will gain more and more attention and Dorje Shugden will always be paired with the Dalai Lama in many more news articles to come. This is how the world operates now. Perhaps the ban was meant to generate this.

Positive Change

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 02:03:54 PM »
As I have mentioned before, people these days want to support the victims. The jews got attention because they were massacred by the nazis, Aung San Su Kee got attention because she did was ostracized by her own country and put under house arrest for championing democracy, for pushing forth her belief and was firm in it, the bosnians, and who could forget the really viral video about kony who oppressed his people? The Tibetan cause was also popular and garnered attention because the Tibetans placed themselves in a position where they claim that China invaded their country and that their country was good before that happened and that China came in and killed many people....that is until people start studying the history of Tibet and learned that some of the punishments imposed are chopping off hands for stealing and eye gouging for anarchy, and having hot oil poured into the sockets.....gosh. And thats when people realize they've been duped, and leave the cause and turn their back on it.

the victims, us, the Dorje Shugden practitioners will gain more and more attention and Dorje Shugden will always be paired with the Dalai Lama in many more news articles to come. This is how the world operates now. Perhaps the ban was meant to generate this.

Now this is an interested outtake on the ban. I like it. It has very tangible reality to it. Through the course of history, the minority or the oppressed have always garnered the news in the eyes of the press. It is all part of sensationalism and what sells really!

So yes, with regard to the Dorje Shugden ban, I do believe there is some element of truth to this observation and could well be one of the reasons for HHDL to instill this. Perhaps? We can only speculate and concur from the results at this point. However, given all this, I am sure there a higher motivation behind this almost grabbing stance in getting the limelight so to speak... In fact I am sure there is or our King is not known as The Protector of out Time for nothing!

Call us the underdog, the oppressed, the minority, the forgotten ones, the harbinger of doom, the practioners of the forbidden fruit... however one spins it, ultimately everybody wins and that is the whole point!

dsiluvu

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 02:39:42 PM »
I think we have much to look forward to as the invasion of Tibet has brought us Vajrayana Buddhism... the Banning of Dorje Shugden will bring us more Dorje Shugden practitioners... I sure place my bet on this if gambling was allowed lol.

But yes... the pieces are coming together surely and well it does not take a genius to start questioning as we live in a skeptic society of modern intellects. Like it or not people will question and how long can the CTA play this mind game of silly reasons with no real solid proof of what they claim or say. After His Holiness passes... CTA will be lost... no one is going to pay any attention and the media as it is has already started to attention to the China chosen Panchen Lama. I mean... check out the news today... i mean with all due respect, anything on His Holiness the Karmapa or anyone else? Not trying to put His Holiness the Karmapa down but we need to observe the trend objectively.

So I would say there is a bright bright light at the end of the tunnel for Dorje Shugden practitioners!

dsiluvu

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 02:46:48 PM »
Oh yes I forgot... Thank you WSS and NKT for your movement and started the ball rolling ;)

However I do like to ask... if any NKT members are online here, perhaps they can clarify. Is there a separation in teaching the newer students Dorje Shugden practice and prayers? I ask this because I have a friend in NKT and they seem to not know how to do the simplest thing such as making serkym offering to Dorje Shugden and they really do not like to also talk about the obvious controversy, not even as a way to see things clearly. I am just curious whether there is two levels of students, one that knows about the DS practice, the controversy issue, supports and it active about it and another that is completely clueless??? And if so why? since Dorje Shugden is NKT's main protector.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 05:37:14 AM »
I think we have much to look forward to as the invasion of Tibet has brought us Vajrayana Buddhism... the Banning of Dorje Shugden will bring us more Dorje Shugden practitioners... I sure place my bet on this if gambling was allowed lol.

But yes... the pieces are coming together surely and well it does not take a genius to start questioning as we live in a skeptic society of modern intellects. Like it or not people will question and how long can the CTA play this mind game of silly reasons with no real solid proof of what they claim or say. After His Holiness passes... CTA will be lost... no one is going to pay any attention and the media as it is has already started to attention to the China chosen Panchen Lama. I mean... check out the news today... i mean with all due respect, anything on His Holiness the Karmapa or anyone else? Not trying to put His Holiness the Karmapa down but we need to observe the trend objectively.

So I would say there is a bright bright light at the end of the tunnel for Dorje Shugden practitioners!

The ban will definitely not just bring in more Dorje Shugden practitioners, but high quality ones as well who actually investigate, learn and do the practice in all the ways. People who only are into Buddhism for other reasons but not for learning and practice will eventually fall off from Buddhism, mainly because the misunderstandings in their minds get too much and they turn against the person's ability to take in real Dharma that cuts through all the misunderstandings and self deceptions. So, in other words, the Dorje Shugden Lamas are getting a steady stream of smarter, more sincere practitioners their way rather than someone who wants to be Tibetan Buddhist for the exoticness of it all or to cover their own insecurities.

CTA will crumble like a biscuit in water if HHDL passes away, mainly because instead of focusing on developing a proper government, implementing systems and making sure that everything is in place, and then abiding by those systems. That is how any organization works in the first place, not dump everything to the leader and then follow whatever the leader says. They are too focused on the ban, on gaining fame, money, how to polish the Dalai Lama's apple a bit more so that they can go to a better place their next life, rather than really developing, at the very least, Dharamsala or ensuring that the people there are comfortable and have all the necessary amenities.

Either way, the future actually looks bright for Dorje Shugden practitioners. We may be oppressed now, but not for long because of the way that the world functions now.

kris

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 08:41:13 PM »
Other than WSS and NKT, this website and forum has done a lot in letting the world know about what is happening to Dorje Shugden issue.

This website not only discuss specifically about the protector, it also highlights a lot of the "juicy" political stuffs about the practice, and this specific forum also give people a platform to discuss ANYTHING about the protector.

On top of that, this website also has an eshop which allows practitioners to invite statues/tsa tsas, books, etc for practice.

From what I understand in this post http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=735.0 it seems that people are also printing out the Dorje Shugden brochures and distribute to many.

Good job all!!

michaela

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 02:00:53 AM »
Dear Ensapa

The article that you showed above used quite a strong language.  That may not be my preferred way to publish my protector, but as you said HHDL is so compassionate to bear and accept all the challenges and criticisms that came to him due to DS issue.  I have read some of HHDL work including those that relate to destructive minds where he invited many scientists to investigate the issue at hand.  The more I think of HHDL’s handling of DS issue, the more that I am convinced that he is doing this on purpose.  I may not agree with the ban because of the sufferings and annoyance that it brings to DS practitioners, but I am convinced that this is staged on purpose.

What would be our role in the play that has been staged?  It is to spread the truth about DS.  So that people will not have misconception about our protector.  These days when people get easy access to information, they are more willing to learn about the issue before choosing to take sides.
I believe when Shugdenpas, like those working on this website, NKT, and WSS, are working with the same objectives of highlighting the truth about DS, we are contributing to a much faster removal of the ban.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 12:18:08 PM »
Dear Ensapa

The article that you showed above used quite a strong language.  That may not be my preferred way to publish my protector, but as you said HHDL is so compassionate to bear and accept all the challenges and criticisms that came to him due to DS issue.  I have read some of HHDL work including those that relate to destructive minds where he invited many scientists to investigate the issue at hand.  The more I think of HHDL’s handling of DS issue, the more that I am convinced that he is doing this on purpose.  I may not agree with the ban because of the sufferings and annoyance that it brings to DS practitioners, but I am convinced that this is staged on purpose.

What would be our role in the play that has been staged?  It is to spread the truth about DS.  So that people will not have misconception about our protector.  These days when people get easy access to information, they are more willing to learn about the issue before choosing to take sides.
I believe when Shugdenpas, like those working on this website, NKT, and WSS, are working with the same objectives of highlighting the truth about DS, we are contributing to a much faster removal of the ban.

By being inconsistent and manifesting holes and weaknesses that his detractors can attack, he is being fearless about the ban. He is willing to sacrifice fame in order to "implement" the ban. There will always be detractors of the Dalai Lama, and he is just giving them fodder. Why would anyone want to risk their fame for something so unnecessary? In fact, most of the reasonings he gave that Dorje Shugden was based on his dreams.

quote]
I wanted to tell you some of the personal experiences I have had, even though there may not be much meaning in them. Of course, I have given a detailed account, which you can find in books that have already been published. From time to time I do have strange dreams. However, I would like to recount several things that have not been published so far. I have already described elsewhere the dream I had when I arrived at Ganden, as a result of which the statue of Dolgyal in the Choegyal chapel had to be removed.
[/quote]

One night during the period when we were conducting this ritual, I dreamt that I was sitting on my bed. Beside my bed was a small boy, about seven or eight years old, whom I took to be Dolgyal. This boy was holding my right hand. When I looked again, I saw that where he held my hand the boy’s fingernails were changing into claws and he was extending them. I was annoyed, grabbed the child by the neck and strangled him. My visualisation of myself as Hayagriva and my sense of divine pride were very clear. While still maintaining this clear vision and divine pride, I took the child in my hands, rubbed it between my palms and swallowed it. It was a very clear dream. Then I awoke. And as I awoke I was still in the process of swallowing. The thought went through my mind, “Strange, how could something the size of a small boy squeeze down my throat”. (Laughter) That was because my ordinary perception had begun to arise again. Previously I had been experiencing clear vision and divine pride, but immediately on awakening, ordinary preconceptions arose again. Consequently, I asked myself, “How could this happen?” So, this was another incident.

hen, last year, we went to Drepung and stayed there for two or three days. After that I stayed at Ganden for one or two days. Isn’t that right? So, it was during that time, on the night of my arrival at Ganden, that I had a dream of somewhere like Dungkar monastery in Dromo. Generally, whenever I have dreams connected to Dolgyal, I dream of Dungkar monastery. I think that’s because I first encountered him Dungkar monastery. It seemed like Dungkar monastery and I thought it was Dungkar monastery. But in appearance it wasn’t actually Dungkar monastery. There was a huge hall. I was on the middle floor. There was also a huge wall. And in order to go down to the hall from the middle floor you had climb down a ladder.

As I went down the ladder, there were people on either side whose flesh and blood had completely dried up, just like the lumps of dried meat (thukpai dhor) half infested by worms, which we put in the thukpa at the time of the Great Prayer Festival in the Tsuglagkhang in Lhasa. In the past, there used to be a meat shop at the Tsuklagkhang, behind what was known as the Simchung Labrang. I used to watch what was going on down there and I have seen the chunks of meat on display. It was all dried meat. There was no red meat, it was all completely dried out and yellow looking. So, it was as if these people had only their skins left, which looked very like the dried meat served during the Great Prayer Festival. They looked so miserable. They were cutting pieces of dry flesh off their bodies with a knife and eating them. Then, on the floor of the hall, there was a huge thangka of Gyalchen laid out.

These people looked so appalling. I felt very distressed and disturbed, and wondered, “How can I help them?” but there was nothing much I could do. Then it occurred to me that it might help them if they heard the sound of ‘Manis’ in their ears, With strong compassion I recited “Om Mani Padme Hum” about three times, after which I woke up. At the same time, as I passed down between these emaciated people, I became aware of a strong, very strange smell. A long time ago I dreamt of Kyabje Zemey Rinpoche and in that dream I smelled the same smell. That was twenty years ago. The two smells were just the same. Although I didn’t recognise this while I was actually dreaming, as soon as I woke up I realised that the two smells were the same. So, there was something strange going on there. These are just instances from my personal experience, so there’s nothing reliable about them. However, I sometimes wonder if some of them don’t have some significance. Anyway, I have simply told you about them.

Why would the Dalai Lama want to share his dreams to people? To prove a point, or to send a subtle message that the ban is but a dream and is not substancial? To be honest, such dreams are really easy to concoct, especially after reading the yellow book as a bedtime story so im sorry but basing the ban on a few dreams is really...odd.

you're right, michela, our role is to educate the masses about Dorje Shugden so that they have a real choice, not one that comes from misunderstandings and misconceptions. People should have the right to hear both sides of the story.

Dorje Pakmo

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 04:05:43 AM »
The ban will definitely not just bring in more Dorje Shugden practitioners, but high quality ones as well who actually investigate, learn and do the practice in all the ways. People who only are into Buddhism for other reasons but not for learning and practice will eventually fall off from Buddhism, mainly because the misunderstandings in their minds get too much and they turn against the person's ability to take in real Dharma that cuts through all the misunderstandings and self deceptions. So, in other words, the Dorje Shugden Lamas are getting a steady stream of smarter, more sincere practitioners their way rather than someone who wants to be Tibetan Buddhist for the exoticness of it all or to cover their own insecurities.

Dear Ensapa,
I agree very much with what you have pointed out. People are more actively seeking for real answers, rather than to just blindly believing public’s or majority’s opinion.  Thanks to the convenience of technology everything is easier and faster now. So something that’s untrue will not be left covered for a very long time. In this case, I feel HHDL has been most compassionate and clever to have imposed the ban.  The suffering of Dorje Shugden practitioners and its supporters in Tibet is something I think HHDL had foreseen and know, but due to a greater cause for spreading the Dharma, HHDL has to do what is necessary and can only bear the pain of watching the suffering of his own people. HHDL seem to have gone through great length and effort to ensure that the news of the ban goes international.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-faith-column/2008/08/dorje-shugden-dalai-lama-ban
"During speeches in India in January 2008, he has enforced the ban more strictly than ever before, claiming that his own religious freedom is obstructed by Dorje Shugden.

The last years brought us forced signature campaigns, in which monks promised to stop propitiating Dorje Shugden in return for obtaining travel documents from the exiled government or to be admitted into monasteries. Last January monks were engaged in weird actions such as swearing in a loud voice to denounce the deity. All contact with those monks that have not followed the ban is forbidden. This implements a de-facto apartheid with signs forbidding monks from entering classrooms, hospitals and shops. They even have to study and dine separately."

CTA will crumble like a biscuit in water if HHDL passes away, mainly because instead of focusing on developing a proper government, implementing systems and making sure that everything is in place, and then abiding by those systems. That is how any organization works in the first place, not dump everything to the leader and then follow whatever the leader says. They are too focused on the ban, on gaining fame, money, how to polish the Dalai Lama's apple a bit more so that they can go to a better place their next life, rather than really developing, at the very least, Dharamsala or ensuring that the people there are comfortable and have all the necessary amenities.
Either way, the future actually looks bright for Dorje Shugden practitioners. We may be oppressed now, but not for long because of the way that the world functions now.

However, I have a different view with you regarding the CTA. The CTA have no choice but to support HHDL’s plan. While developing the government, implementing systems and making sure of law and order, they have to be seen to support HHDL’s cause. If the spiritual leader is not backed up by his people, then how will the ban look real? I feel, for Dorje Shugden to become global and reach out to more people who will benefit from its practice in the future, HHDL has made a calculated decision by temporary sacrificing some for the benefit of so many more in the future. As, for people who blindly support the ban without checking out what is happening, these are the ones that will really regret and feel so wrong when the ban is lifted. But that is only for them to know.
DORJE PAKMO

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 06:34:59 AM »

Dear Ensapa,
I agree very much with what you have pointed out. People are more actively seeking for real answers, rather than to just blindly believing public’s or majority’s opinion.  Thanks to the convenience of technology everything is easier and faster now. So something that’s untrue will not be left covered for a very long time. In this case, I feel HHDL has been most compassionate and clever to have imposed the ban.  The suffering of Dorje Shugden practitioners and its supporters in Tibet is something I think HHDL had foreseen and know, but due to a greater cause for spreading the Dharma, HHDL has to do what is necessary and can only bear the pain of watching the suffering of his own people. HHDL seem to have gone through great length and effort to ensure that the news of the ban goes international.
Along with the ban, HHDL has also provided us with a plethora of material that contradicts the ban upon in-depth investigation. If taken on the surface level, and with HHDL's biased and one sided reasonings, it may sound valid, true and logical, but on deeper investigation, it does not sound logical or that the facts were misinterpreted in some way. And oddly, he always adds a line that asks us to examine his teachings at the same time. Perhaps it was all done on purpose?

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-faith-column/2008/08/dorje-shugden-dalai-lama-ban
"During speeches in India in January 2008, he has enforced the ban more strictly than ever before, claiming that his own religious freedom is obstructed by Dorje Shugden.

The last years brought us forced signature campaigns, in which monks promised to stop propitiating Dorje Shugden in return for obtaining travel documents from the exiled government or to be admitted into monasteries. Last January monks were engaged in weird actions such as swearing in a loud voice to denounce the deity. All contact with those monks that have not followed the ban is forbidden. This implements a de-facto apartheid with signs forbidding monks from entering classrooms, hospitals and shops. They even have to study and dine separately."

However, I have a different view with you regarding the CTA. The CTA have no choice but to support HHDL’s plan. While developing the government, implementing systems and making sure of law and order, they have to be seen to support HHDL’s cause. If the spiritual leader is not backed up by his people, then how will the ban look real? I feel, for Dorje Shugden to become global and reach out to more people who will benefit from its practice in the future, HHDL has made a calculated decision by temporary sacrificing some for the benefit of so many more in the future. As, for people who blindly support the ban without checking out what is happening, these are the ones that will really regret and feel so wrong when the ban is lifted. But that is only for them to know.
They have a choice to not do nasty things to Dorje Shugden practitioners. They have a choice to just leave Dorje Shugden practitioners alone in their own little colony. They have a choice to sell goods to Dorje Shugden practitioners and they have a choice to give medical treatments to Dorje Shugden practitioners who need it, as they are still human. They have a choice to not go trash the houses of Dorje Shugden practitioners. All those are choices. The ban is there, but such acts are not necessary in any way

I like your points, but somehow I feel that the situation could have been better if they acted in a certain way. I do not believe in blaming HHDL for all of the wrongdoings of the CTA.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 07:29:46 AM »
I think that this result in everyone's hard work towards lifting Dorje Shugden ban. This is such a good news to come about, the CTA probably did not realise this but after all the things they have done to Dorje Shugden practitioners, their actions have again proved that they are nothing else but fools who destroy other peoples' lives and thanks to their ignorance, it has caught the attention from the medias and other kind- hearted people.

pinecone

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 03:19:15 PM »
My salute and great appreciation to NKT, WSS and DS.com team  and also all the DS practitioners to has always work tirelessly to update and keep the world informed on the latest update of DS issues. Regardless of how much lies and accusations made by CTA against the DS practitioners , the truth always prevail over the forces of the evil!