Author Topic: Empowerment & Teachings of Dorje Shugden Our Friend, guide and protector  (Read 9092 times)

DharmaSpace

http://tilopa.org/empowerment-of-dorje-shugden

More people being initiated into Dorje Shugden practise, this is what the CTA is trying to suppress which is an opportunity to connect to Wisdom Buddha Dorje Shugden. May the empowerment help them do their practise much stronger with a lot of faith and devotion. It is very good as now the people who take on the practise really know and understand what they are getting involved in, the whole world is aware of the Dorje Shugden ban and the controversy tied to it and they are still willing to create this holy bond with Dorje Shugden excellent!   

jeremyg

Re: Empowerment & Teachings of Dorje Shugden Our Friend, guide and protector
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 10:54:12 AM »
See! Just what the ban is there to do. People love controversies, they read up, they learn, they get empowered and they devote themselves to Dorje Shugden. We can see the impact Dorje Shugden has, because even with all the naysayers, and the negative publicity, the practice is still growing. If people weren't getting attainments, and seeing results, why would they practice?

Thank you for sharing Dharma Space

biggyboy

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 04:28:51 PM »
I truly agree with you both DharmaSpace and jeremyg.  Frankly, I was attracted to DS because of its controversies which because of my own curiosity, I checked out and find out more.  I am very sure there are many other out there who are just like me would like to know about it and along the way be attracted to DS.  May they be connected with DS and protected always.  May it grow far and wide.  May the ban be lifted soon!!!

Carpenter

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 05:48:59 PM »
This ban issue no doubt is very huge, many people got involved especially Dorje Shugden practitioner, the amount of suffering they have now is not come from this deity, in fact, this is the HHDL follower who impose these suffering to them, despite of this, Dorje Shugden practitioner still face it quietly and patiently without fighting back, so far until now, I still never heard people say anything about DS practitioner harm anyone.

Another proof is many high lamas who are practicing DS re-incarnating back to this place and continue their practice, from the many cases that practicing Dorje Shugden brings so many results, so now, I would like to ask, why not practice?

Tenzin K

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 10:09:07 AM »
The worshipped of Lord Shugden was since over 300 years ago. It has been practice by a lot of high Lamas and the practice has been brought down by the great master from then till now. This protector protects the teachings and lineage of the great Buddhist Master, Je Tsongkhapa and protects our spiritual insights so they can grow into stable Dharma Jewels. 

Then ban will only make more people understand better of this great protector quality and benefit.
It shown very clearly by the growth of so many Dharma center such as NKT which having 1100 centers & branches in 40 countries around the world.

People at Vancouver will gain tremendous benefits from this empowerment program and this is also the proof of the growth of Lord Shugden practices.
Rejoice.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 01:50:26 PM »
I am always very happy to read about people getting reconnected with Lord Dorje Shugden. One of the many things about this Protector that I found to be fascinating is that Dorje Shugden is not a stand-alone and isolated practice.

When you connect with Dorje Shugden and receive this Buddha's teachings, you actually also make connections with Je Tsongkhapa, undeniably the emanation of Manjushri, Chenrezig and Vajrapani. There is no doubts at all that Dorje Shugden is the Protector of Tsongkhapa's teachings.

The teachings of Dorje Shugden was from given by Je Tsongkhapa himself to Tagphu Pemavajra  who travelled to Tushita heaven to receive it. From there it was carefully passed down the lineage to Je Pabongkha, yet another highly attained Master who was in fact offered the regency of HH The Dalai Lama which Pabongkha rejected.

Je Pabongkha whose oral discourse over 24 days yielded the great Lamrim text, Liberation In The Palm Of The Hand, in turn transmitted Dorje Shugden’s teachings to the great Trijang Rinpoche who in turn taught it to many great and highly attained Lamas, including then present Dalai Lama.

So Dorje Shugden’s practice is definitely not an isolated minor Protector. It is vital for all those who are fortunate enough to receive Dorje Shugden’s teachings to realize that Dorje Shugden possess the same mental continuum as these great Buddhas especially Je Tsongkhapa and their various emanations of highly attained Master. He is a Buddha.

I rejoice for all those receiving this great Buddha’s empowerment and teachings.

Carpenter

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 06:58:23 PM »
Yes, I agree with you Vajratruth, many people who connected to Dorje Shugden actually start showing result in their practice, that is why year by year, the number of people who practicing this protector keeps increasing, just look at the recent activity, The Official Opening of Serpom Monastery, look at the crowd, people basically came from different countries, they all practice Dorje Shugden.

Click the link below for more detail:
http://dorjeshugden.net/wp/?s=serpom+opening&lang=en

Look at those monks, their smile, their passion, etc. Everything is so fascinating. So many high Lamas attended, like Yongyal Rinpoche, Zawa Rinpoche, Achok Rinpoche and many representatives from other Monasteries.

I’m sure now the teaching in Vancouver will bring much benefit to the locals, and wish Dorje Shugden’s practice will spread further and further.

michaela

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 12:16:45 AM »
This is a great news!!!  Can anyone explained what are the benefits of receiving DS empowerment that we do not get when we do not have the empowerment?

Carpenter

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 06:43:31 PM »
Hi michaela, this is some info I found regarding of empowerment, hope this help.

A characteristic feature of Vajrayana Buddhism is the requisite ritual for participating in the worship, service and practice of a deity or bodhisattva.  This is the process by which a lama with experience in the particular practice confers on others the description, explanation, visualization and order of the practice, along with appropriate offerings and specific mantras.  It is more than the sum of its parts though; it is a lineage transmission of blessing and energy.

The empowerment or initiation grants permission, bestows help with, and gives access to, the benefits of a tantric practice. It can be short or long, and complex or very simple.  It normally includes the actual consecration or dedication of the student to the practice-deity, the oral transmission -- a recitation of the procedural text or manual (sometimes in a condensed or speedily-read version,) and instructions on how to do the practice.  In special cases, a brief ritual-touching of the student with the text, accompanied by recitation of the associated mantra is sufficient.

"Most tantrayana or vajrarana visualization and mantra practices require that an initiation and subsequent authorization and instruction be given by a qualified lama before the sadhana, or ritual practice, can begin.

However, a few practices, those that were given publicly by Lord Buddha Shakyamuni, do not fall under such restrictions. Very definitely, all the practices given in the Sutras have the full blessing of the Buddha and therefore can be practiced if one has the aspiration to do so. Such practices include those of the noble Chenrezig and of the mother of the buddhas, Green Tara. Naturally, whenever it is possible for you to take the vajrayana initiation of  Chenrezig or Green Tara, you are encouraged to do so. Right now, however, the practice in which I am giving you instruction can be practiced straight away, due wholly to the blessing of Buddha Shakyamuni. When you finally do get around to receiving the Chenrezig initiation, it will deepen your practice and strengthen your connection with your tsaway lama and with Yidam Chenrezig."

hope rainbow

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 03:25:37 PM »
Hi michaela, this is some info I found regarding of empowerment, hope this help.

A characteristic feature of Vajrayana Buddhism is the requisite ritual for participating in the worship, service and practice of a deity or bodhisattva.  This is the process by which a lama with experience in the particular practice confers on others the description, explanation, visualization and order of the practice, along with appropriate offerings and specific mantras.  It is more than the sum of its parts though; it is a lineage transmission of blessing and energy.

The empowerment or initiation grants permission, bestows help with, and gives access to, the benefits of a tantric practice. It can be short or long, and complex or very simple.  It normally includes the actual consecration or dedication of the student to the practice-deity, the oral transmission -- a recitation of the procedural text or manual (sometimes in a condensed or speedily-read version,) and instructions on how to do the practice.  In special cases, a brief ritual-touching of the student with the text, accompanied by recitation of the associated mantra is sufficient.

"Most tantrayana or vajrarana visualization and mantra practices require that an initiation and subsequent authorization and instruction be given by a qualified lama before the sadhana, or ritual practice, can begin.

However, a few practices, those that were given publicly by Lord Buddha Shakyamuni, do not fall under such restrictions. Very definitely, all the practices given in the Sutras have the full blessing of the Buddha and therefore can be practiced if one has the aspiration to do so. Such practices include those of the noble Chenrezig and of the mother of the buddhas, Green Tara. Naturally, whenever it is possible for you to take the vajrayana initiation of  Chenrezig or Green Tara, you are encouraged to do so. Right now, however, the practice in which I am giving you instruction can be practiced straight away, due wholly to the blessing of Buddha Shakyamuni. When you finally do get around to receiving the Chenrezig initiation, it will deepen your practice and strengthen your connection with your tsaway lama and with Yidam Chenrezig."

Thank you Carpenter,
I also heard that the empowerment can only be initiated to 3 people at the time.
Is this correct and why the restriction  on that number?
Do you know?

pgdharma

This is what the ban is all about.   The ban makes people understand better about Dorje Shugden as out of curiosity people will go into website to get information, like I did.  After reading and learning up, they would like to get themselves connected to Dorje Shugden. The more CTA is trying to suppress the practice, the faster the practice is spreading.  It is good news that the people in Vancouver will be connected to Dorje Shugden through this empowerment.

DSFriend

I truly agree with you both DharmaSpace and jeremyg.  Frankly, I was attracted to DS because of its controversies which because of my own curiosity, I checked out and find out more.  I am very sure there are many other out there who are just like me would like to know about it and along the way be attracted to DS.  May they be connected with DS and protected always.  May it grow far and wide.  May the ban be lifted soon!!!

Dear Biggyboy
I'm sure many came to know Dorje Shugden the same way just like you did. The ban is inseparable from HHDL. If you and the many others have come to know Dorje Shugden via the ban, guess who we are to give thanks to!

I do not mean to offend a small group of anti-shugden/pro-dalai lama fans with this statement above. There's nothing to believe or not to believe or debate over because it's just sheer simple logic.

With that said, we are to thank Geshe Kelsang Gyatso to have magnified and publicized the ban via the establishment of Western Shugden Society (WSS) in 2008. I do not agree to all the methods used but I appreciate the mileage gained for our Protector as in making him known to many.

Then comes the never seen before, explosive and even more "aggressive campaign" via ds.com. This website is no longer just a website but the people here who have grown with this website engage in not only virtual efforts to spread Dorje Shugden but engage in physical activities as well. Just look at this thread DS Brochure http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=735.0

The "agressive campaign" is similar to WSS in one key point -- > to educate. However what DIFFERS is the method. No demonstration is required here in DS.COM. The topic of education here is not about how bad HHDL is. Thanks to WSS, we are all educated on various aspects of the damages deriving from the ban. But rather the focus here is on the BENEFITS of Dorje Shugden and logic based knowledge to help heal many spiritual practitioners/seekers who were hurt due to the ban.

Perhaps just like you Biggyboy, many came to know about Dorje Shugden via the controversies but it is the great kindness of the people behind this website and the many contributors in this forum who helps to educate and bring many closer to the Protector.

best wishes to all