Author Topic: The Regent Is Back  (Read 14491 times)

bambi

Re: The Regent Is Back
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 11:53:44 PM »
I believe if Desi Sangye Gyatso killed Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen for the sake of jealousy, he couldn't have reincarnated as a monk again.  I believe that the explanation given by Big Uncle is logical as I've also heard a story like what Big Uncle explained. Even if Desi Sangye Gyatso was a murderer, HH wouldn't have recognized Him like what Beggar explained.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 10:22:11 AM »
Hi guys,

I found other interesting juice about Desi Sangye Gyatso too.

Desi Sangye Gyatso (1653–1705) was the fifth regent of the 5th Dalai Lama (1617–1682) who founded the School of Medicine and Astrology on Chags-po-ri Hill (or 'Iron Mountain') in 1694[1] and wrote the Blue Beryl (Blue Sapphire) treatise.[2][3] The name is sometimes written Sangye Gyamtso
By some accounts, Sangye Gyatso is believed to be the son of the 5th Dalai Lama.[4] He ruled as regent, hiding the death of the Dalai Lama, while the infant 6th Dalai Lama was growing up, for 16 years. During this period, he oversaw the completion of the Potala palace, and also warded off Chinese politicking. Eventually, the discovery of this deception was not taken kindly by the Chinese emperor Kangxi. [OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...when the perceived enemy actually becomes your enemy..ironically]

He is also known for harboring disdain for Drakpa Gyeltsen. According to Lindsay G. McCune in her thesis (2007) Desi Sangye Gyamtso refers in his Vaidurya Serpo to the Lama as the "pot-bellied official" (nang so grod lhug) and states that, following his death he had an inauspicious rebirth.,[5]

As a biased historian who hated Drakpa Gyaltsen.

And according to Rigpa Wiki:

Desi Sangye Gyatso (Tib. ??????????????????????????, Wyl. sde srid sangs rgyas rgya mtsho) (1677-1705) was an important regent of Tibet who ruled following the death of the great Fifth Dalai Lama, an event which he kept secret for 14 years. A celebrated scholar, he wrote treatises on medicine, astrology, history and other subjects, and oversaw the completion of the Potala Palace in Lhasa. He is counted among Sogyal Rinpoche's previous incarnations.

His other emanation in Drepung wont be surprising at all.

Tenzin K

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 01:20:16 PM »
Yes, as mentioned by Big Uncle, I have read it too that because Drakpa Gyaltsen's fame rivaled that of the 5th DL, Sonam Chopel and some other DL's  other attendants became extremely jealous and later murdered Drakpa Gyltsen.

Like most of you had mentioned Desi Sangye Gyatso is a High Lama and have done many great work. Surrounded by his lineage of previous incarnation including Vajrapani, Arhat Anirudha, Dharmaraja Chandrabhadra, Arya Asanga, Tsunmo Yiongma, Gyalbu Gawai Pal, Drangmo Dema, Trulpai Tachog Changshe (Horse), Dharmaraja Bhanga, Khyeu Gyuma Chilwa (Parrot), Khyimdag Palbe, Lonpo Netso Yuting, Lhase Mutri Tsanpo, Trinyen Zungtsen, Gungru Gungtsen, Mune Tsenpo, Lhalung Palgyi Dorje, Drubtob Nyima Dzin, Ngog Legpai Sherab, Drupai Wangchug Ratna Lingpa, Sechen Chokyi Gyalpo, Terton Zangpo Drag, Kedrub Norzang Gyatso, Altan Chokyi Gyalpo, Mize Sangye Gyatso (1653-1705), Je Konchog Wangchug, Tala Ngagwang Palzang, Lharampa Zopa Gyatso, etc.

Je Konchog Wangchug was recognized by the 6th Dalai Lama as the Desi incarnation and the line continues to this day in Mongolia.

Aurore

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 07:44:22 PM »
So ... from my understanding here, Desi Sangye Gyatso was not the murderer but a hater of Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen. The initial point was to clarify how someone who murdered an esteemed lama such as TDG can be reincarnated back as a monk. I completely understand if this is all an illusory play. However, is it possible for a monk who performed such amazing works from an amazing line of incarnations be possibly a hater of anyone at all? So this must be an illusory play as well.

Then these lamas such as Desi Sangye Gyatso, Samdhong Rinpoche, HHDL are REAL LAMAS. Boddhisattvas who will do anything even if it damages their reputation for the sole purpose of bringing Dorje Shugden to millions. This shows the benefits of DS can bring to others is limitless and priceless.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 09:21:02 AM »
So ... from my understanding here, Desi Sangye Gyatso was not the murderer but a hater of Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen. The initial point was to clarify how someone who murdered an esteemed lama such as TDG can be reincarnated back as a monk. I completely understand if this is all an illusory play. However, is it possible for a monk who performed such amazing works from an amazing line of incarnations be possibly a hater of anyone at all? So this must be an illusory play as well.

Then these lamas such as Desi Sangye Gyatso, Samdhong Rinpoche, HHDL are REAL LAMAS. Boddhisattvas who will do anything even if it damages their reputation for the sole purpose of bringing Dorje Shugden to millions. This shows the benefits of DS can bring to others is limitless and priceless.

Well, it is actually safe to assume that Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen was murdered by order of Desi Sangye Gyatso. And as such, he had to suffer great karmic repercussions for that: he made enemies with Emperor Kangxi and also Lhazang Khan. Lhazang Khan had him killed and his head mounted on a stick of the gates to a marketplace. Causes resemble the result, really.

Ringo Starr

• Email
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2016, 12:04:00 PM »
Dear people,

I think you guys got the wrong guy. It was not Desi Sangye Gyatso that murdered Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen.

Do you guys wanna know the real murderer?

According to Music Delighting an Ocean of Conquerors page 94-95, it was Desi Sonam Chopel and he was in cahoots with brother Depa Norbu also known as Nangso Norbu to commit the gruesome act. I don't think murdering a High Lama would result in a long line of beneficial incarnations unless you were the great Ra Lotsawa.

This is all very confusing. Zong Rinpoche who is a student of Trijang Rinpoche said the murderer is Desi Sangye Gyatso. Transcript of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche's teaching is available here:  http://www.dorjeshugden.org/media/history-and-lineage-of-dorje-shugden-by-zong-rinpoche

grandmapele

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 05:26:55 PM »
So, giving the order to kill is not killing. Only the person doing the killing has to suffer the karma of that action. So, Desa Norbu is in hell somewhere being roasted while Desi  Sangye Gyatso is reborn as a human and is also a monk.

This is absolutely confusing. And as Ringo Starr pointed out, there are 2 differing versions of the murderer. Anyone else wish to clarify?