Author Topic: Look what I got!  (Read 7736 times)

thaimonk

Look what I got!
« on: February 04, 2012, 11:44:18 PM »
Ordered this BEAUTIFUL Shugden statue. It arrived. I love this statue from you guys. Had my friend paint it up in gold and it is fantastic!!

:)

Poonlarp

• Email
Re: Look what I got!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 06:01:50 AM »
Rejoice for you!!!

If I have one, I want to paint in full colors like Dorje Shugden's appearance in thangka.

Is there any significance to paint statue in gold or in colors?

Galen

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 04:29:50 PM »
Congratulations for owning your own Dorje Shugden. Now it can help you in your visualisation better. And you have painter the features very nicely and looks like he has come alive.

I this there is no significance in painting the statue in gold or in colour. However, painting a statue is a form of offering to the buddhas. So, if you paint him with all your heart and love, then you will collect the merits of offering the best to the Buddha. This is what I think.

triesa

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 04:46:28 PM »
Hi Thaimonk, this statue looks like the one available in the e-shop in this website, I bet you must have ordered it here. It looks really stunning when it is painted, Dorje shugden comes alive!

Painting statue in gold or in colors is a form of offering to the buddha. We should offer the best to the buddha always,  since the buddha represents the body speech and mind we aspire to achieve.

So if you can afford real gold, then paint the statue in real gold. if not, you can use gold and any other color paints. Many people also like to offer jewels on the budda as an offering too.

So I guess there is no fix rule as long as it is offered sincerely from the practitioner.

negra orquida

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »
Great buy thaimonk!

Speaking of painting Buddhas as offerings, I was taught that painting the Guru and his previous incarnations creates the cause for the Guru to live long and continue his current and previous lives' works.

nagaseeker

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 07:13:12 PM »
nice statue ! rejoice for you ~~ ;D

lotus1

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 09:31:33 PM »
wow, what a beautiful statues! Rejoice!
& thanks Triesa for sharing the meaning behind painting gold on Buddha statues.
i suppose in Thailand where they offer gold leaves to stick on Buddha statues is for the same purpose right?

pgdharma

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 04:07:26 AM »
Wow it is a very nice statue and we can invite one to our home through e-shop from this website and the price is reasonable too! It is good to have a statue as it will help us to visualize better.

I agree with Triesa that we should always offer the best to the Buddha whether it is jewels, real gold, gold paint or gold leaves or any other material as the best offering comes sincerely from the heart.

Tenzin K

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 04:12:09 PM »
Wow, it's beautiful.

Personally feel that painting the statues is kind of making offering.
Gold is precious. Painting in gold is just like offering gold to the Buddha. Making nice of our Buddha statues is exactly the same as making offering.

Painting in color for the statues share the same concept. As long as our motivation is to make it nice it's an offering to the enlightened one.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 03:17:41 PM »
The DS statue looks real awesome, i hope people seeing, touching and coming into contact with this beautifully adorned and painted statue will plant limitless seeds of enlightenment in people's minds. Much merit to the painter and everyone involved in setting this Dorje Shugden to its readiness to be displayed to the public. 

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 04:39:00 AM »
Wow

it is a huge blessing to have an image of Dorje shugden to grace your shrine. Nothing beats the blessings of such an enlightened protector as him.

Praying to Dorje Shugden is equivalent to praying to a Buddha and that is all that matters man!

kudos to the new e-shop. everything is available now
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

kurava

• Email
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 12:35:19 PM »
This is great.

I am not a Tibetan and I certainly don't need to toe the line with CTA. At the place i reside, we have total freedom in spiritual practice. I wish there were shops around selling DS statues so that I can invite the one I have the strongest affinity with.

Do let me know if anyone know of such a shop. Thank you.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 09:45:52 AM »
This is great.

I am not a Tibetan and I certainly don't need to toe the line with CTA. At the place i reside, we have total freedom in spiritual practice. I wish there were shops around selling DS statues so that I can invite the one I have the strongest affinity with.

Do let me know if anyone know of such a shop. Thank you.

Kurava,
You can get DS statue at the e-shop. It is a great way to support this website which has benefited so many people. These guys work very hard and we should all support them.

Klein

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 11:46:35 AM »
This statue is beautiful! I wonder whether there are bigger ones I can order online. I prefer bigger statues because I can put more mantras, buddha images and holy items inside. I was told that it's meritorious to put as many of these items as possible.

Can you imagine if I can download 1 billion buddha images in a hard drive and put it inside the statue? Every time I prostrate, I'm prostrating to 1 BILLION buddhas!!! That's why the bigger the statue the better!!!

Does anyone know where I can order a dorje shugden statue of at least 3 ft or even 5ft to put on my altar?