Author Topic: Thangka of Gelugpa masters  (Read 6790 times)

Namdrol

• Email
Thangka of Gelugpa masters
« on: January 29, 2012, 03:54:23 PM »

dsdisciple

Re: Thangka of Gelugpa masters
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 11:09:11 AM »
Hi Namdrol,

Another great Thangkha for our viewing pleasure(more please :D), I love looking at these masters on various Thangkha's and now I know who they are...very nice.

Just wondering is their any significance to the placement of these great masters on the Thangkha?

xo

DharmaSpace

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:48:24 AM »
I think the significance of this thangka is that it proves beyond a doubt the validity of the buddhist lineage that we have now. That the teachings was passed on in an unbroken manner from Buddha Shakyamuni right down to je Tsongkhapa so the teachings are still pure in this day and age that we have the dharma that was expounded by Lama Tsongkhapa previously.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 08:39:29 AM »
What is wonderful is that the lineage did not stop at Tsongkhapa but carried on in a pure and unbroken lineage until the great masters of today, who are many of the lineage masters of Dorje Shugden. If these Gelugpa masters are respected enough to carry the lineage of Tsongkhapa, why not the lineage of Dorje Shugden? Some critics say that Tsongkhapa did not practice Dorje Shugden so we should not practice Dorje Shugden but that was because Dorje Shugden had not manifested yet!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

triesa

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 09:27:20 AM »
I wonder if there is a thangka of the DS lineage lamas? It would be a thangka that speaks a thousand words!

Has anyone seen one? 

Mana

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 09:37:00 AM »
I wonder if there is a thangka of the DS lineage lamas? It would be a thangka that speaks a thousand words!

Has anyone seen one?

Dear Triesa,

If you take a few moments out and go to the homepage, there is plenty of downloads.

The Shugden lineage lama download on high resolution has been available for over a year now.

See here: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=10437

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 11:34:41 AM »
Must feast our eyes on this beautiful Thangka of Gelugpa masters and with clear explanation as to who is who in sequence of their appearance in our space for the propagation of the Dharma.

The lineage goes all the back to Shakymuni Buddha.  Beautiful.

kris

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 07:57:29 PM »
I click on the above link but the link is not working. After some searching, these are the pages for "Guru Tree with Dorje Shugden" and "Dorje Shugden Lineage Tree"

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/downloads/images/guru-tree-with-dorje-shugden/
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/downloads/images/dorje-shugden-lineage-tree/

It is high resolution and you can download to print it. :)

grandmapele

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 07:48:49 AM »
Thank you, Namdrol, for a most beautiful and sacred image of the Gelug lineage Thangka. Wouldn't it be fantastic if there is one available for the lineage from Je Tsongkhapa to present day high lamas? But,as it is, thank you again for the most precious information.

Big Uncle

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 07:53:10 AM »
Thank you for reviving this post! I love this thangka. They are really beautiful because they depict the great pandits of India and Tibet, creating a story of the lineage of the Buddha's teachings as it was upheld by these great masters. May their teachings proliferate forevermore.