Author Topic: Shugden in Singapore!!  (Read 32250 times)

DharmaSpace

Re: Shugden in Singapore!!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 05:35:21 AM »
The brochures and well designed and enough to give the right information for any newcomer, these are very handy in all sorts of situation and very beneficial to carry this wherever we go to share with others this amazing practise.

Lets have compassion and share Dorje Shugden with many many people, they will be lead to Manjushri's practise and path. 

hope rainbow

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »
This can be done elsewhere in the world too.
This website has neat download available for good materials to be distributed, and in many languages too.
The more we do this, the more causes we create for the ban to dissipate.

Here is one of the download (more on this web-site front page)
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=6949

Thank you to those behind for giving us all these opportunities to create causes for happiness.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 04:45:12 PM »
These exhibition would attract all walks of life especially those who are new and wants to learn more about Buddhism. Those people who placed the comic books and the brochures for people to take would have done it discreetly. People who happily take the comic books will have DS imprints in their mind stream. And when the time is right, their karma will open and ready to receive DS. This may happen many many lifetimes ahead but to know that it started from this very exhibition, is very gratifying.

Thank you to those who risked their lives to place the items without being caught!!! How lucky the Singaporeans!

t is also good to hear that those items did not end up in the bins!

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 11:14:25 PM »
I do not know whether it is a good idea to secretly plant DS materials at the places where these folks do not welcome and if discovered by them. These materials will most probably end up in the bin and these HHDL folks are very entrenched and staunch.

Again I feel that the impact of implanting materials would not be significant enough and waste of resources, unless someone who is extremely eloquent who is willing to explain the controversy of DS by bringing the light though the media.

When a vessel is filled and contaminated. It takes very strong detergent to clean the vessel and to be re-contained with clean water.

We were informed, many visitors took the brochures and comics before they can be discarded. Someone observed and wrote to us and informed us of this information along with the pictures we posted.
We rejoice.

The visitors who took the brochures/ds comics didn't know heads or tails and took the items home to read. They were new to Buddhism. They just grabbed the free brochures.
We were informed many visitors took the items home and none were discarded. They served their purpose.
Mana

I am glad to hear this good news and at least, the "implatation" served its purpose. ;D

Dear Lightning,

I understand your thinking in this but I would like to let you know a few things regarding the nature of spreading our lord protector Dorje Shugden.

As you've mentioned many times that there were a bunch of 'talibans' outside a DS centre or exhibition in Singapore furiouslly spreading the misconception of Dorje Shugden to people causing a great impact on the centre. Are you going to let that happen again by accepting that this 'talibans' win? Are you gonna rest or are you gonna work tirelessly in correcting the misconception of your lord Protector?

We should find means and ways regardless. Let our means be peaceful! Like in this case, sincere devotees went into the crowd n slit in these wonderful brochures. Most of the volunteers there do not belong to the centre, they were recruited last minute (I know this for a fact most of them don't even know what's going on there and then, they're just on the bandwagon for fun!). So it is okay to do so. We didn't furnish ourselves as Shugden Talibans and raided the Jade Buddha expo, did we? LOL

Here you have:

PRO HHDL people (who are in the minor majority)
PRO SHUGDEN people (who are in the minority)
People who are not in the know (who are the greater minority)

Why deprive the people who are not in the know from the blessings of Dorje Shugden?

Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Tenzin K

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 10:56:56 AM »
Nice to hear from Singapore!
What a great way to plan imprint to "the greater minority people who are not in the know"
These people will take the brochures and start their spiritual journey. They will learn more from the website and read more about the lineage and understand the practice better. Most important is they know that how this great protector able to them and others.

If they are not interested it's still a great knowledge for them as when the ban lifted they will hear about this protector again and their imprint will be triggered. If not now it will be for future.

Great work again from the people that work tirelessly to benefits the world out there.

valeriecheung

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 08:54:58 PM »
Refer the good news posted happen in singapore , this shown powerful DS must helped many singaporean in order for them put in so much time and effort wish to share and spread DS locally. I also heard spreaded very fast in singapore due to ds swiftly result.

dsiluvu

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 09:11:33 PM »
This is so sneaky, it's wonderful! What a great way to spread lord Ds and this will definitely help positively in making Dorje Shugden go global and preserving our practice.

Yes the majority who doesn't really know or care about the silly ban is far far greater then those who do. And what can those PRO Dalai Lama people really do? Freedom of religion is our human right and no one should or can tell anyone what they practice is wrong. Hence let the good news be told and may they be benefited from our beloved protector!!!

Aurore

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 09:43:39 PM »
It may look sneaky but out of good motivation it is not. This is a great idea and example for us all to follow. Whoever who did this should inspire us to do the same wherever we are.

It's the very least we can do for our protector who has helped us throughout our difficulties and practice. If we have benefited from DS and we should want others to experience the same benefits too. I should definitely start by getting some brochures which has been provided so freely to be printed and start distributing in various strategic places my own country!  ;D

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 08:17:39 AM »
I like what Harry Nephew and Tenzin K said, as long as our motivation is to spread the worship of Dorje Shugden to benefit majority of people who do not know, then we should just be governed by our motivation and continue to do so.

My appreciation to those great initiative individuals who did so much in Singapore.  More cities should be so benefitted.

lightning

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 10:11:12 AM »
I do not know whether it is a good idea to secretly plant DS materials at the places where these folks do not welcome and if discovered by them. These materials will most probably end up in the bin and these HHDL folks are very entrenched and staunch.

Again I feel that the impact of implanting materials would not be significant enough and waste of resources, unless someone who is extremely eloquent who is willing to explain the controversy of DS by bringing the light though the media.

When a vessel is filled and contaminated. It takes very strong detergent to clean the vessel and to be re-contained with clean water.

We were informed, many visitors took the brochures and comics before they can be discarded. Someone observed and wrote to us and informed us of this information along with the pictures we posted.
We rejoice.

The visitors who took the brochures/ds comics didn't know heads or tails and took the items home to read. They were new to Buddhism. They just grabbed the free brochures.
We were informed many visitors took the items home and none were discarded. They served their purpose.
Mana

I am glad to hear this good news and at least, the "implatation" served its purpose. ;D

Dear Lightning,

I understand your thinking in this but I would like to let you know a few things regarding the nature of spreading our lord protector Dorje Shugden.

As you've mentioned many times that there were a bunch of 'talibans' outside a DS centre or exhibition in Singapore furiouslly spreading the misconception of Dorje Shugden to people causing a great impact on the centre. Are you going to let that happen again by accepting that this 'talibans' win? Are you gonna rest or are you gonna work tirelessly in correcting the misconception of your lord Protector?

We should find means and ways regardless. Let our means be peaceful! Like in this case, sincere devotees went into the crowd n slit in these wonderful brochures. Most of the volunteers there do not belong to the centre, they were recruited last minute (I know this for a fact most of them don't even know what's going on there and then, they're just on the bandwagon for fun!). So it is okay to do so. We didn't furnish ourselves as Shugden Talibans and raided the Jade Buddha expo, did we? LOL

Here you have:

PRO HHDL people (who are in the minor majority)
PRO SHUGDEN people (who are in the minority)
People who are not in the know (who are the greater minority)

Why deprive the people who are not in the know from the blessings of Dorje Shugden?
Of course I do not want the "Talibans" to win and they have been using scaring tactics to ward off people from the exhibitions and Buddhist ceremony. Whereby we and these Buddhists group are more concerned of spreading Buddhism to reach sentient beings.

I do not know whether it is a good idea, as it is sneaky,(I do not want to elaborate further...)
But to spread correct information by educating the public about Buddhism, is considered a good cause.
What I am concerned about that will this give them the reasons to start their "Taliban operations" again?
Some of us who are not involved will get caught in such crossfire.
The ideal thing to do is that you sell your products and I sell mine, let's not cross each other line.

Same like you guys, I also hope that the authentic Lord Atisha Teachings, Lord Je Tsong Kha teachings and Gelug Protector Dorje Shugden will flourish, reach and benefiting the sentient beings. _/|\_

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 01:16:25 PM »
I really and truly rejoice that DS materials were available at the event. Who cares how they got there as long as they benefited those people there? I only wish there will be such activities where I stay.

kris

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 06:57:37 PM »
Watch this video of Dalai Lama who talked about Dorje Shugden:

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=11294

Admin commented:

Towards the end of the video, His Holiness Dalai Lama mentions that it seems the Dorje Shugden practice is growing in America, England, various countries in Europe, Taiwan, Singapore and China.

Very interesting he makes that remark because the ban makes the Shugden practice grow bigger and spread further.

May be that is why Dalai Lama specifically said Singapore is growing :)

icy

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 12:45:22 AM »
I am most excited about this news of DORJE SHUGDEN in Singapore especially in Amitabha Buddhist Centre which is affiliated to FPMT.  It is WONDERFUL that Singaporeans have good karma with Dorje Shugden as they readily accepted the protector.

His Holiness the Dalai Lama is abreast of news when He mentioned that the Dorje Shugden practice is growing in the west and in Taiwan, Singapore and China.  How true it is.  HHDL said this during the recent Kalachakra event in Inda.  This really amazed many people including Tibetans themselves and people who oppose the practice. 

It clearly shows that the fire of Dorje Shugden is ravaging on strongly and swiftly around the globe.  LONG LIVE DORJE SHUGDEN!

negra orquida

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 04:06:51 PM »
Great news great news! The invisible DS elves are at it again  ;D kudos to the DS elves behind the intriguing design of the brochures and dynamic presentation of the story of DS in the form of an exciting comic book, and clever placement of these "propaganda" materials... all these are key in attracting the masses and increasing awareness of DS.  Even if they forget or disregard what they saw or even have -ve thoughts of it, the imprints or little seeds are there.. and that is the LEAST that can be done to connect people to Dharma.  Do not underestimate the power of a little Dharma seed... e.g. the story of how a man, who in his previous life was a fly on a poop which floated around a stupa could still have the seed to gain arhatship in that lifetime!

Dolce Vita

• Email
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 05:11:43 PM »
I am also doing distribution in where I live on a regular basis, the materials on the website is really useful, easy carry and distribute. I usually leave the materials on a book shelf or cafe for people to read. As more people practice and more publicity DS gets, the ban will be lifted very soon. :)