Author Topic: SHUGDEN COVERED IN FLOWERS  (Read 11640 times)

DharmaDefender

Re: SHUGDEN COVERED IN FLOWERS
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 10:48:58 AM »
Dont forget there are other places where Dorje Shugden has been showing up for example Singapore. I took this picture off a thread thats since been pushed down http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1521.0

I  wonder how the people figured out to offer animals?

Hahaha I think its creativity and a little bit of tradition anyway. If you take a VERY close look some of the animals come from the zodiac. Think it was a bit of Thai creativity offering the zodiac signs on the zodiac new year. Anywya Ive seen people offering animal figurines, usually snakes, sows and chickens. Students offer that to their lamas as a symbolic offering of their hatred (snake), ignorance (sow) and greed (chicken).

kris

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 06:02:08 PM »
I am so happy and excited to see all the flowers offered to the King Dorje Shugden.

As you might already know, Thailand is mostly Theravadan Buddhism. To the Thai people, they grow up with only one Buddha, i.e. the Buddha Sykamuni, and they don't know much about other Buddhas (probably except Guan Yin). They also don't have the concept of Dharma protector. Moreover, most of the Buddha images in Thailand are very peaceful.

When I see a lot of flowers being offer to Dorje Shugden who is fierce looking, it means they really accept who He is, and they really know His power.

p/s: It is said that when Dorje Shugden is first installed in this chapel, a local gangster is so afraid of Him because of this wrathful look :)

DharmaSpace

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 07:05:12 AM »
p/s: It is said that when Dorje Shugden is first installed in this chapel, a local gangster is so afraid of Him because of this wrathful look

What you said makes a lot of sense yes for the people engaging in Buddha dharma Dorje Shugden shows a smiling face, to the people who oppose dharma and create more delusions he shows a fierce demeanour.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 07:42:30 AM »
So strange huh? When you consider that outwardly the statue is the same - the smile you and I both see which was painted by the artist is exactly the same. But how we view it and what it means to us, is entirely dependent on our merit. Some people will see the wrathful smile as comforting and other people will view it as threatening. And yet the physical outlook is entirely the same...

If people can look at a statue and have such different responses, then the same thing can happen with anything else, for example how we receive DS teachings is different to how others will receive it, but yet they are the same teachings. It reminds me of stories Ive heard re people attending the Dalai Lamas discourses. Some people who have no merit will not see anyone on the throne, those who have some merit might see a foot, etc.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 03:18:26 PM »
p/s: It is said that when Dorje Shugden is first installed in this chapel, a local gangster is so afraid of Him because of this wrathful look

What you said makes a lot of sense yes for the people engaging in Buddha dharma Dorje Shugden shows a smiling face, to the people who oppose dharma and create more delusions he shows a fierce demeanour.

I have to confess that before I knew why statues have a wrathful look, I myself was scared also. This is because I do not know the meaning behind it. Now, that I know, I smile and rejoice because the wrathfulness is there to cut away my ego and also to clear my obstacles.

Does anyone know whether the gangster has realised how beneficial DS is to be located near him? Hope he has changed his mind and learn more since there is so much offering by the public. Maybe some of the flower offerings are from him. Hehe....

Mana

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 03:28:33 PM »
More chapels of Dorje Shugden will be going up in Thailand and southeast Asia. The plans are in the making now. We will update as we go along.

Mana

pgdharma

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 03:27:14 PM »
Wow it’s wonderful to see that the Thais are making beautiful offerings to Dorje Shugden in this chapel that was set up not too long ago. It is rejoicing news that the Thais are receptive of Dorje Shugden and are receiving a lot of blessings and help from the King.

How wonderful if more chapels can be set up openly all over the world for people to get connected to Dorje Shugden and receive His blessings.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 05:41:13 AM »
There is a method to putting the Dorje Shugden in the sleaziest part of town in Bangkok, the Thais do not want to be associated with that area at all, it is considered a red light district and a haven for foreigners looking for fun and pleasure, hedonistic pleasures. I remember this Taiwanese Nun Cheng Yen who founded Tzu Chi, she had one of her book cafe smack in the heart of the red light district and she wanted to transform the place from a place of vice to a place of learning, she does great works. 

DharmaDefender

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 05:42:21 PM »
There is a method to putting the Dorje Shugden in the sleaziest part of town in Bangkok, the Thais do not want to be associated with that area at all, it is considered a red light district and a haven for foreigners looking for fun and pleasure, hedonistic pleasures. I remember this Taiwanese Nun Cheng Yen who founded Tzu Chi, she had one of her book cafe smack in the heart of the red light district and she wanted to transform the place from a place of vice to a place of learning, she does great works. 

I think theres a tradition like this across religions. True practitioners and believers of the faith never discriminate against who can receive the practice. Most prominent example I figure is Mother Teresa who founded her missions in the most rundown slum areas. I read a story about her once somewhere saying that someone had gifted her acres of prime land with the best intentions for her to move her mission there so she would be more comfy, have better premises etc. Instead she sold the land, took the money and donated it back to their current works 8)

As they say, if God created everything and evil exists, did God create evil? Then why pray to someone who created evil, and reject all the evil people that was created by the guy your praying to?Ive always figured people who discriminate against others are practicing their religion under false pretences because they dont really understand the fundamental core of all religion which is compassion and equality to all.

Tenzin K

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 10:32:17 AM »
I totally agree with DharmaDefender.
We should help and give hope to those people that are away from the opportunity of meeting the dharma. I like this idea of of Tzu Chi appearance in the heart of the red light district. The motivation is so clear and these are the people we should look for.

For them to be at this part of area is their Karma of course but for us to be able to be there will give a chance to change their future. At least some imprint planted for their future.
For Lord Shugden to be at these place is a blessing and a great practice for them as a protection and create a conducive condition for them learn and understand more the true meaning of dharma.

It's so wonderful to see the flowers offered to Lord Shugden in Thailand and Singapore. Hope to see more and more offering to Lord Shugden statues everywhere in the world. 

Poonlarp

• Email
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 02:51:21 PM »
It's very great to see Dorje Shugden has so much offerings in thai style.

Thai believes that offering flowers will bring luck and prosperity, thanks for the people who contribute the statue and let people from Bangkok to collect merits.

Chok Dee ka (Good luck) to Thai!!  ::)

Gabby Potter

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 01:04:40 PM »
Wow!! This is such a nice picture, I am glad to know that people in Thailand are so devoted to Lord Dorje Shugden and this shows that by praying to Lord Dorje Shugden, wishes can be fulfilled ( depends on intentions ). I rejoice for the residents around the area, may they always be blessed and protected by Lord Dorje Shugden.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2015, 02:20:11 PM »
It is such a nice sight to see Dorje Shugden covered with beautiful flowers offerings. The people in around this location in Thailand is so fortunate to have a nice chapel set up for them to do their prayers and make offerings of flowers, lights and food and beverages. On my visit to Bangkok, I noticed the Thais are very spiritual people and it is no wonder that flower garlands are easily available as they are being sold along the streets.
I pray more chapels like this would be made available to the masses, especially in the red lights districts, so that Dorje Shugden can be the guide to those 'lost souls' .