Author Topic: Empowerment of Tsongkapa (Je Tse Zin Ma)  (Read 24166 times)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Empowerment of Tsongkapa (Je Tse Zin Ma)
« on: January 19, 2012, 06:00:38 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has any information of the empowerment of Tsongkapa (Je Tse Zin Ma)

I am a bit confused about how it was explained to me by one of my Teachers and would like to check if anyone has any clarification on this.

I know Je Tse Zin Ma is the long-life form of Je Rinpoche, but is this empowerment a blessing for our own well-being, and are there certain practices that one can engage in?

Are there texts relating to this?

Are there different empowerments? I only know of the Tse-wang (long-life empowerment)

Thank you ahead of time!

Tenpa

lightning

Re: Empowerment of Tsongkapa (Je Tse Zin Ma)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 07:37:14 AM »
I had Long Life Tsong Khapa Empowerment before. The tulertary deity has a longevity vase. I can't remember the exact mantra on this,but I could remember that it has amirita word which refers to nectar of long life. there is empowerment text but too bad they are in chinese.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 09:56:43 AM »
Thank you Lightning!

lightning

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 10:21:58 AM »
Thank you Lightning!
You may request your Guru for Long Life TsongkhaPa empowerment and it is not common to have it. So far, I know of this Tsong khapa empowerment, I am curious about other form of TsongKhaPa empowerment.
There is Atisha, Dromtumpa, Nagajuna empowerment too, but they are under Kadhampa 16 droplet empowerment.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 10:55:26 AM »
Thank you Lightning!
You may request your Guru for Long Life TsongkhaPa empowerment and it is not common to have it. So far, I know of this Tsong khapa empowerment, I am curious about other form of TsongKhaPa empowerment.
There is Atisha, Dromtumpa, Nagajuna empowerment too, but they are under Kadhampa 16 droplet empowerment.

We received this empowerment from Kyabje Yongya Rinpoche while he was at serpom monastery.

lightning

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 11:02:42 AM »
Thank you Lightning!
You mean Long Life Tsong KhaPa empowerment?

We received this empowerment from Kyabje Yongya Rinpoche while he was at serpom monastery.

lightning

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 11:04:18 AM »
Thank you Lightning!
You mean Long Life Tsong Kha Pa empowerment? Cool...If you have received it.  8)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »
Yes, it was the long-life empowerment. That is why I am trying to find out more about it.  :)

lightning

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »
I remember that this empowerment has several mantras and it is slightly longer than the normal saddhana and some special visualization involved. Do you mind sending me the short mantra and long mantra if possible? :D

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 01:53:38 PM »
This is the only long-life mantra I am aware of-
OM AH GURU SUMATI KIRTI APARAMEDA AYU JANA SIDDHI HUNG HUNG

Do you know where I can find the sadhana?

DharmaSpace

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 02:58:37 PM »
Losang Tenpa, do you have a picture of this form of Lama Tsongkhapa?

As far as I know Lama Tsongkhapa's practise bestows two benefits wisdom and a long life, as these two benefits opposes the two main obstructions to practise deep ignorance and a short life.

What other benefits does one get whilst doing this practise Je Tze Tzin Ma? Is this empowerment one of the kriya tantras? 

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 03:45:15 PM »
No, I do not have a picture. I sure would like to find one.

Losang Tenpa, do you have a picture of this form of Lama Tsongkhapa?

As far as I know Lama Tsongkhapa's practise bestows two benefits wisdom and a long life, as these two benefits opposes the two main obstructions to practise deep ignorance and a short life.

What other benefits does one get whilst doing this practise Je Tze Tzin Ma? Is this empowerment one of the kriya tantras? 

Unfortunately no, I do not have a picture. I sure would like to find one.

I am not sure where this practice fits in the classes of Tantra.

Anyone else have any information to add?

ChoDorje

• Email
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 04:11:07 PM »
I received this initiation from Kundeling Rinpoche and he tells us that Je Tze Jin Ma was a form of Tsongkhapa revealed to one of the previous incarnations of Dagom Rinpoche; therefore, this practice is very close and special to Dagom Rinpoche and his students.

Apart from the mantra, (om ah guru sumati kirti aparamita ayurjnana siddhi hum hum), there is also a special form of Migtsema associated:

Mig me tze wai ter chen chen re zig
dri me khyen pai wang po jam pel yang
du min tze wai jom dze tze pag mey
gang chen kay pay tsug gyen tsong kha pa
lo zang drag pay shab la sol wa deb.

Basically, the supplication switches out the line about Vajrapani, and extols Tsongkhapa as the essence of Amitayus, or Tze pag mey. 

I may see Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche this week or next, I will request Rinpoche to give more explanation on Je Tze Jin Ma and report back.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 04:15:25 PM »
EXCELLENT!!!!

Thank you so much ChoDorje!!

Any information, especially from Kyabje Yongya Rinpoche, would be much appreciated!!!

lightning

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 04:37:23 PM »
See the attached for Long Life Tsong Kha Pa pics  ;D