Author Topic: EXCELLENT SUGGESTION-Short and to the point.  (Read 8629 times)

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
EXCELLENT SUGGESTION-Short and to the point.
« on: February 26, 2008, 01:45:38 PM »
I copied this from the guestbook from Owens Hill. I find that it is an EXCELLENT suggestion. I have been and will continue to write. Please everyone, let's write. Finally some newspapers are taking notice after so many weeks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEAR EVERYONE,

PLEASE LET'S NOT WASTE TIME AT THIS CRUCIAL PERIOD TO DEBATE WITH EACHOTHER.

LET'S SPEND THE TIME TO WRITE IN TO ALL THE ADDRESSES THAT HAS BEEN SO METICULOUSLY PROVIDED ON THE FORUM SECTION UNDER 'IMPORTANT ADDRESSES' IN THIS SITE. LET'S PLEASE WRITE IN ON THE MARGINALIZATION OF THE MONKS IN THE SOUTH INDIAN MONASTERIES DUE TO THEIR FAITH.
BUDDHIST MONKS ARE SUPPOSE TO CREATE HARMONY AND PEACE. YET FOR THEM TO HAVE A PRAYER FESTIVAL, INDIAN POLICE MUST BE EMPLOYED TO KEEP THE PEACE?? HOW RIDICULOUS!!

PLEASE WRITE IN AND LET THE WORLD KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.

IT IS VERY CRUCIAL AT THIS TIME.

WE HAVE THE INFORMATION, WE HAVE THE ADDRESSES, WE UNDERSTAND PRETTY MUCH WHAT IS GOING ON. SO WE HAVENT ANY EXCUSE NOT TO WRITE IN.

MAY I REQUEST HUMBLY AND FROM DEEP WITHIN ME THAT PEOPLE KEEP WRITING AND FOR SOME TO START WRITING. LET'S BELIEVE IN OUR PRACTICE OF DORJE SHUGDEN BY TAKEN PEACEFUL ACTION BY WRITING.

MY THANKS TO PPL ON THIS WEBSITE FOR CREATING A DEMOCRATIC FORUM EXPRESSING VIEWS FOR AND AGAINST BOTH DORJE SHUGDEN AND DALAI LAMA.

Jane

Re: EXCELLENT SUGGESTION-Short and to the point.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 09:20:20 PM »
Yeap!!

maryjane

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 01:49:22 AM »
I agree, let's make the letters go higher than 800 since the last wave.  Hear! Hear!

a friend

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 03:49:18 AM »
We should try also to find people who are independent thinking and with an interest in human and religious rights. In every country there are at least one or two journalists that are well known for their honesty and independence. Please let's find them!

In Europe, in Asia, in South America, in Africa, in Australia. Please let's find them! Ask around, you who are in different countries, and let us know your findings!

three pots

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 02:19:02 AM »
Hi Jane,

I am responding to your inquiry from the "Important Addresses" post about making a donation to the monks.  I thought I'd write to you here so that the addresses stay relatively accessable on that post  ;o)

I know that the members of each Khangtsen (house) would appreciate donations at this time, but I have not heard of an official location or member to send them to at this point.  (Although I could probably contact a few private parties and find out where to send them "unofficially".)

However, I do know that the Dorje Shugden Dovotee's Charitable and Religious Society has released a request for support which I will message over to you...  If anyone is not already on their mailing list, to which they sent the request, you might want to send them an email at [email protected].  They have been forwarding all the recent news paper clippings from India and occassional updates on the situation in the monasteries. 

Here is one rather frustrating letter to Pomra Khangtsen from the Tibetan Youth Congress & Tibetan Women's Association in Bylakuppe:

To the monks under Sera-May Pomra monastic section, the object of refuge, who did not pick the vote-stick and who didn't take oaths:

We, the members of standing committee of Tibetan Youth Congress and Tibetan Woman Association here in Bylakupee as well as the members, would like to request you:

His Holiness the Dalai Lama, the champion of peace and spiritual and temporal leader of Tibetan religion and politics has delivered advices and instructions at row. In the announcement by Department of Culture and Religion of Tibetan government in exile,   

"Henceforth, in order to not to impure commitment between guru and disciple by those who continue to worship Dholgyal (Dorje Shugden), they [Shugden devotees] are not permissible to attend the teachings of the Dalai Lama; they are not permissible to admit in any Gelug monastery, as per the charter of Gelug monastic establishment; and they are not permissible take part together in prayers, exams and so on. Nevertheless, they can equally enjoy other rights of Tibetan in exile.

It is imperative to take into consideration to maintain peace and security in community, and that there should be no harassment between Shugden monks and non Shugden monks. Furthermore, it should be held traditionally- and on time - the spiritual activities including great prayer festival in Sera, Drepung and Ganden.  Even in future, each monastery must accept if anyone,with pure motivation, takes oath and engage in what to take and what to abandon."

It is vital to abide by the words of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, the refuge of this and next life, and in particular, there is a peril to stain the dignity of Sera-May monastery and the root of happiness of the six millions Tibetan. Therefore, in order to maintain pure commitment and harmony as it was within Sera-May monastery in particular, and to ensure the dignity of Sera monastery as it used to be, we strongly request you, from now on, to give up the practice of Dholgyal, and to take vote stick and oath of not worshipping.  And we urge you to bear the matter in the mind.

February 25, 2008
Tibetan Youth Congress, Bylakuppe
Tibetan Woman Association, Bylakuppe
With seals

Copy to:
1          The Hon.Private Office of the Dalai Lama
2          Department of Culture and Religion
3          The office of Chief Representative of Southern settlements
4          The representatives of old and new settlements in Bylakuppe
5          Sera Lachi monastery
6          Abbot of Sera-Jay monastery
7          Abbot of Sera-May monastery
8          The headquarter of Tibetan Youth Congress
9          Tibetan headquarter of Tibetan Woman Association
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 05:07:55 AM by three pots »

Jane

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 07:10:07 PM »
Thanks