Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Facebook has 11,885 Likes  (Read 7143 times)

Big Uncle

Dorje Shugden Facebook has 11,885 Likes
« on: July 21, 2012, 02:56:41 PM »
Dear all,

Did you know that this website has a wonderful Facebook presence? The Dorje Shugden facebook fan page is at http://www.facebook.com/DuldzinDorjeShugden There's an admin that continuously posts incredible links to exciting and thought-provoking articles, forum or even YouTube videos. Feel free to promote this on your individual facebook videos.

Do you have exciting new ideas to promote even more Facebook likes on this fanpage?

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Dorje Shugden Facebook has 11,885 Likes
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 03:36:53 PM »
I think the FB page should cover more Buddhist topics instead of just Dorje Shugden related news. Why? there are more people interested in Buddhism than in Dorje Shugden out there and if they study the reasons on why  and how Dorje Shugden will help them, they will be interested and they will learn. This will be a lot better than encouraging people to believe in Dorje Shugden based on faith and stories alone. From there, their faith in Dorje Shugden would be a sound and solid one and it cannot  be moved by doubt or hearsay as it comes from the solid reasoning and faith that arises from understanding and applying the Dharma into practice.

I actually love the facebook page. It is so interactive and there are so many people there talking about Dorje Shugden. It helps extend our forum to many other people in a way and it brings people to more topics regarding Dorje Shugden. However, another way to promote it that will be quite effective is by running ads of the facebook page all over, and then from there, support it with comments and also participation as people coming in would want to know who Dorje Shugden is. If there was someone to explain about it, it would help more people to understand and learn. After all, we are Gelug and faith based on that is more valuable than faith based on wanting help or wanting something more from the protector.

Another way that I can think of, of promoting the facebook page is to actually link to the Dalai Lama's page, and the pages of the other Lamas, or tag them into the page.  This will help draw curiosity over why would Dorje Shugden practitioners do that and it will pique interest. The last way I can think of is to create memes based on Dorje Shugden and have it being promoted on the FB page where people can link it and have a good laugh. But that is a far stretch as it is hard to create memes without being disrespectful.

icy

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 06:50:39 AM »
This is good news DS Fan Page has reached over 11,000 fans in the shortest possible time.  I rejoice.

I find that I have alot of people wanting to friend me on Facebook as I have a sweet, pretty young face on it.  I do not start with Dorje Shugden sharing all the time.  What I do is I build up a character on this Facebook of mine with many varied interest and then slot in my promotion of Dorje Shugden one at a time each day so it will not be an overdose of DS.  I find this works better.  I once have a 4-letter word by a Tibetan man on the comments and another one joined in to dissuade me from Lord Dorje Shugden but nicely.  My attitude is - this is my facebook and if you do not like what I share then do not friend me so I blocked out all these negative people from my Face book. 

Hope the above helps.  :)

michaela

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 08:24:55 AM »
I hope the FB pages can reach equality or surpassing HHDL FB

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 11:50:27 AM »
This is such good news. I am sure many have come to know Dorje Shugden through your website which is full of detailed information pertaining to DS. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to bring DS to everyone all over the world. Facebook is one of the wonderful ways to reach out and connect with DS practitioners everywhere for now because most of us can't do our practice openly. I am most happy to share links on my personal fb wall. May even more people  get connected to DS soon. :)

Aurore

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 12:27:50 PM »
I hope the FB pages can reach equality or surpassing HHDL FB

Who knows one day? At the moment DS facebook is far from HHDL fb likes of 4 millions likes. However, I am happy for the growth of fans on HHDL fb page. The more people know about HHDL, the more people will know about Dorje Shugden even though HHDL has made DS infamous for now. Imagine if one day HHDL switch back his words and say DS is good all over his facebook page, millions of people will know about DS already.

I hope that will happen someday. _/\_

Tammy

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 01:17:57 PM »
Thanks Big Uncle, I check out the fan page from time to time, fans are rather active, they post up many beautiful pictures and meaningful quotes, not necessarily all related to Dorje Shugden solely.

To me, this Fanpage is a very good platform for us to interact in a more active way, hence it would be good the admin can post short but structured teaching with regards to Dorje Shugden n related topics. Fans can have discussion as part of comments. This way, DS' practise can be spread easily as Facebook is a powerful tool of social media.

Keep up the good work in this dwebsite n the fan page!
Down with the BAN!!!

Barzin

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 07:04:35 PM »
Congratulation on the climbing rate on the facebook likes on Dorje Shugden fan page.  I can imagine the number will grow by day, people are all well inform on the Shugden affairs these days so they would like to find out more.  There is nothing better than facebook these days, a lot of information is just a click away.  Share more latest news on the fanpage and interesting videos, I am sure while surfing on facebook, people are more likely to like a picture or watch a short video.

I also think many people come into the site also because of the growing number on the facebook fanpage.  Oh well, who doesn't want to know more right?  I hope that all of us, the Shugden practitioners will work together and do our very best to promote our precious protector so that the ban can be lifted soon!

Let's share the good news!

http://www.facebook.com/DuldzinDorjeShugden

Big Uncle

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 05:19:52 AM »
Dear Ensapa,

If the admin of the DS Facebook tag pictures and postings onto the Dalai Lama page, could their Facebook admin or members take action by reporting it as Spam or as a threat? By doing that, we would jeopardize our DS Facebook page, right? I like your ideas but this idea of tagging the Dalai Lama's page sounds pretty risky. Do you have other safer plans in mind? I hope the admin of this page is aware of the risks involved in such a venture. Anyway, don't let this stop your new and fresh ideas. Let's keep the ideas coming guys!

I think the FB page should cover more Buddhist topics instead of just Dorje Shugden related news. Why? there are more people interested in Buddhism than in Dorje Shugden out there and if they study the reasons on why  and how Dorje Shugden will help them, they will be interested and they will learn. This will be a lot better than encouraging people to believe in Dorje Shugden based on faith and stories alone. From there, their faith in Dorje Shugden would be a sound and solid one and it cannot  be moved by doubt or hearsay as it comes from the solid reasoning and faith that arises from understanding and applying the Dharma into practice.

I actually love the facebook page. It is so interactive and there are so many people there talking about Dorje Shugden. It helps extend our forum to many other people in a way and it brings people to more topics regarding Dorje Shugden. However, another way to promote it that will be quite effective is by running ads of the facebook page all over, and then from there, support it with comments and also participation as people coming in would want to know who Dorje Shugden is. If there was someone to explain about it, it would help more people to understand and learn. After all, we are Gelug and faith based on that is more valuable than faith based on wanting help or wanting something more from the protector.

Another way that I can think of, of promoting the facebook page is to actually link to the Dalai Lama's page, and the pages of the other Lamas, or tag them into the page.  This will help draw curiosity over why would Dorje Shugden practitioners do that and it will pique interest. The last way I can think of is to create memes based on Dorje Shugden and have it being promoted on the FB page where people can link it and have a good laugh. But that is a far stretch as it is hard to create memes without being disrespectful.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:11:43 AM by Big Uncle »

kris

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 06:23:33 PM »
Yes, the Admin of the Fanpage should execute plans with care. There are many ways it can get the fanpage into trouble.

As for the other Buddhist topics on the Dorje Shugden fanpage, I felt the admin can post a few, but majority should still be Dorje Shugden related news. Why? Because there are many many Buddhism related fanpages, but for Dorje Shugden related news, there are very limited fanpages. Therefore, this fanpage should focus a lot more on Dorje Shugden news.

However, the admin should a few links to other Buddhism related fanpages...

Tammy

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 03:56:39 PM »
This is a great start of something big and powerful, I am sure there are countless DS practise
Timers who wants to get involve -biring down CTA stop the abuse towards DS practise. A great to shaw our CTA friend that there ARE so many ds practitioners and they will join.
Down with the BAN!!!

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 06:26:36 PM »
Dear Big Uncle,

I feel it is not so much problems with the idea but I guess you guys (admin) are mainly lack in funds. Ideas can be cheap or free, but with good funding ideas can grow very big.

Therefore, the question we should ask, is how can we help in funding? I know a method is to support the online store under this website? But how else can we help to contribute towards this.

To everyone who has benefitted from this website or even the power of Shugden, do support the online store or do write in to contribute in terms of donation.