Author Topic: The Shugden Dispute  (Read 13767 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: The Shugden Dispute
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 02:58:27 AM »
Yes, I do agree with you that articles of this nature is very misleading. Especially for those who are very new to dharma and do not understand many of the dharma knowledge yet. It is just sad to see that dharma in the eyes of these "dharma teachers" has degenerated by so much with their bogus teachings, views, and articles.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of people like these. There are many more who spread their own ideas and effectively, their own religion under the guise of Buddhism and sometimes their ideas on spirituality can be extremely different from what Buddhism teaches, and they will still call it Buddhists. I have met and heard of many of such "Dharma teachers", and this is what will cause Buddhism to decline and rot from the inside eventually. It's up to the genuine teachers to educate people on what Buddhism is.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 08:52:51 PM »
This is just the tip of the iceberg of people like these. There are many more who spread their own ideas and effectively, their own religion under the guise of Buddhism and sometimes their ideas on spirituality can be extremely different from what Buddhism teaches, and they will still call it Buddhists. I have met and heard of many of such "Dharma teachers", and this is what will cause Buddhism to decline and rot from the inside eventually. It's up to the genuine teachers to educate people on what Buddhism is.

One very good example of how someone is using Buddhism as an excuse to twist their own thinking is the Myanmar monk, Ashin Wirathu, who is the leader of a anti-Muslim movement. As Buddhists, we should never be causing any differences between the community.

Let even causing schism within the own lineage. This would be seen from the Dorje Shugden ban, with "scholars" defaming Dorje Shugden due to their lack of knowledge and blind pursue of what the Dalai Lama has said and acted.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2013, 06:23:08 AM »
One very good example of how someone is using Buddhism as an excuse to twist their own thinking is the Myanmar monk, Ashin Wirathu, who is the leader of a anti-Muslim movement. As Buddhists, we should never be causing any differences between the community.

Let even causing schism within the own lineage. This would be seen from the Dorje Shugden ban, with "scholars" defaming Dorje Shugden due to their lack of knowledge and blind pursue of what the Dalai Lama has said and acted.

Yup you are correct. There is also a similar movement in Sri Lanka who are very offended with t-shirts with the Buddha's face on as well as giving the muslims more rights and recognitions. And they are done under the name of 'preserving Buddhism'. I think it is sad in more ways than one but nothing much can be done about this except educate the people that doing this is wrong and that it should not continue, or teach people how to check for themselves if what they are doing is right or wrong.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 10:34:55 PM »
It is saddening to see how people have degenerated in these times. We can see how disrespectful people are now towards all religions. They would make religious jokes, remarks, and even start businesses with religious names but do not practice what is being taught in that particular religion. It is just sad to see things happening like that! Hence, in times like these, the ban should be lifted soon so that people can practice Dorje Shugden and know what is Dharma about.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 11:28:59 PM »
This is one of the worst articles that I have read to try to make Dorje Shugden sound really bad, making Dorje Shugden sound like a demon.

It is so not true that people that practice Dorje Shugden would go to hell. If that is really the case, the Dalai Lama would also be in hell together with high lamas like Trijand Rinpoche, Pabongka Rinpoche, Zong Rinpoche, etc. As Dalai Lama too practiced Dorje Shugden before this ban he has put on Dorje Shugden.

The writer's research is so weak and not factual at all. This is really very bad. How can the writer be a Buddhist teacher when he does not even know his stuff at all?

Yes, I would say that the main problem here is that the article completely lacks scholarship of any sort, not to mention has no basis in any sort of conventional or ultimate reality.  For me, I guess it is helpful that all of this is happening with the backdrop of Christanity prevelant in the culture; I have been told for so many years that I am going to hell for being Buddhist rather than Christian, that I guess I think, oh?  So Buddha Shakyamuni is causing Buddhists to go to hell, for not believing Christ, so then when Buddha manifests as Dorje Shugden someone else is telling me I am going to hell, because their politcal figure didn't happen to think he was a Buddha.  Everyone has their own opinions.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 10:55:06 PM »
Well said. I believe there would be more websites so that the same amount of crowd can move to these different sites to educate all viewers about the articles to update for them due to all friends. The only way to stop all the nonsensical speculations going all around is to educate them with the correct knowledge.