Author Topic: Is the current Trijang Rinpoche in the good books of HHDL?  (Read 9396 times)

Tenzin Gyatso

Is the current Trijang Rinpoche in the good books of HHDL?
« on: July 04, 2012, 03:25:49 AM »
We don't hear much of what is happening with the current Trijang Rinpoche. He refuses to attend talks by HHDL. He does not visit the Southern Indian Monasteries. He is married still. Does he have kids?

How did he kind of disappear off the radar being one of the tops of the Gelug School. Trijang Rinpoche not seen or heard much these days portends well for Gelug and himself?
 :(

What is his relationship with His Holiness the Dalai Lama? Is he in the 'good books' of His Holiness does anyone know?

dsiluvu

Re: Is the current Trijang Rinpoche in the good books of HHDL?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 04:32:13 AM »
Dear Tenzin Gyatso,

Perhaps Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche is in a retreat now? Not all high Lamas need to be out there promoting themselves... The only latest info we got or heard is that Rinpoche visited Mongolia late last year 2011. It was historical as thousands turned up to receive the blessings of Trijang Rinpoche. Rinpoche also gave speeches, teachings and blessings of the Monastery in Mongolia which you can see from here http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=10883

Trijang Buddhist Institute" Vermont, USA, Rinpoche's website is pretty basic and does not have much information or latest news except many Vajrayogini  Retreats coming up.

Latest is an annual Avalokiteshvara retreat led by H.E. Chocktrul Rinpoche. The fourth annual Avalokiteshvara retreat will start on August 2, 2012 and end on August 7, 2012 with the Avalokiteshvara Tsok Offering.
http://www.tbiusa.org/gallery

Big Uncle

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 09:48:38 AM »

H.H. Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche has already given a good indication of how he will manifest. By looking at his website you will see he is going to be (and already is) a great teacher: http://www.tbiusa.org
And before leaving for America he gave a very interesting interview with the Tibetan Radio in which he also makes clear his position in relation to DS:

“I could not decide against him [the Dalai Lama] but nor could I stop propitiating Shugden with whom my relationship dates back to previous incarnations. I find myself in an immensely difficult situation. The followers of the Protector would not have listened to me…and no one seems to care about the difficulties I am facing…

I also don’t want the people of Chatreng, who have great expectations of me, to be disheartened. But if I continue to propitiate the Protector publicly, I would be compelled to become a sort of head of his worshippers, and this would be an offence to the Dalai Lama from whom I received my Bhikshu ordination, and has always treated me with extraordinary benevolence.

I cannot even hope to keep a low profile as they [the Shugdenpas*] would not let me.
I have reason to believe that my return to India may possibly result in internal chaos, attempts on lives and other immoral activities bringing disgrace to His Holiness…

I cannot sleep and I have had health problems. I am worried about thinking what will happen next. It is quite terrifying to think that I might be a cause of disgrace instead of serving the Tibetan people and His Holiness…

Some have told me, ‘If you abandon the Protector [Shugden], there is no knowing what will happen. We will not consider you a lama [as guru]. The people of Chatreng are strange, very wild and unruly. We do not know what they may do.’

It is very clear my life might be in danger. So I have decided to leave my Labrang and disrobe, so that none of the Shugden worshippers can ask me to be their leader. I hope that this way I can respect the wishes of the Dalai Lama and still revere the protector, practicing in private and far from everyone. I intend to follow a middle way, neither for nor against Shugden. I appeal to both parties not to contact me.
In my own Labrang I have recently witnessed a kind of factionalism and I have discovered that one person in particular was planning an evil conspiracy. This plan was to murder my assistant, Tharchin, and to implicate His Holiness’s government in exile with this odious crime. The conspirator aimed to become chakzoe [manager] of my estate. Tharchin has been very kind to me, more so than my own parents, and has taken care of me since I was three years old. As well as managing the affairs of my Labrang.

With my own ears I heard this person discussing on the telephone a plan to assassinate Tharchin. It is really a matter of great sadness and surprise, especially since the person involved in this ploy has been very close to me as well. If he succeeds in his plan, it would be a cause of great trouble for the Labrang, as well as a cause of disgrace to the Tibetan government and His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
These are not lies, but true facts which I want everyone to know. That is why I made this statement.”
Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche concluded his message urging Shugden followers to stop seeking him,
“I do not wish to be in touch with you.”

With all that transpired as described above, I am not surprised that Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche did not return to any of the monasteries in Southern India. With the situation in South India like that, Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche is forced to carve his own way in America. However, lately he is seen traveling to Mongolia and a few places.

I don't think he is keeping still. He is just waiting for the Dorje Shugden ban to be lifted so his actual work can continue. However, it must be said that this is the first incarnation of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche that is not in robes of a monk, which breaks a tradition that spans many great lifetimes. I know that Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche is bright but I wonder what his plans are and whether he will continue to be based in America... Only time will tell.

Zach

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 09:54:29 AM »
You don't hear much of Trijang Rinpoche because well...Perhaps ask HHDL as to why the reincarnation of his Root guru cant fulfill his activities to his full extent.

Lineageholder

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 11:04:15 AM »
I would guess that the reason is that the Dalai Lama's divisive actions have done irreparable damage to the Gelugpa tradition.  He has been responsible for the denigration of  the reputation of his root Guru and Je Pabongkhapa to such an extent that they are not able to operate properly any more.  This is the real tragedy of the ban - it has destroyed the credibility of the Gelugpa tradition.

I also don't suppose that Trijang Choktrul cares whether he's in the Dalai Lama's good books or not.  It's not wise to play these worldly and political games of popularity.

michaela

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 01:46:22 PM »
I would guess that the reason is that the Dalai Lama's divisive actions have done irreparable damage to the Gelugpa tradition. 

Dear Lineage Holder

You made a very strong statement there.  Firstly nothing is permanent.  Thus, there is no such thing as irreparable. 

Apart from the Shugden’s issue, HHDL has done a lot to promote Buddha’s teachings, religious harmony (except toward Shugdenpas) and he has represented Gelugpa tradition well in the world.  Breaking all traditions, he has invited scientists and psychologists to proove various aspects of Buddhists teachings and thus increasing the faith of countless individuals in Buddhist teachings.  These are just a view of his accomplishments.  Thus, I am not really sure about the irreparable damage to Gelugpa tradition.

The ban against DS, has its negative implications such as the discrimination based on faith and the splitting of major Gelugpa monasteries.  But the discrimination can be abolished and the divided monasteries can be reunited.  When the ban is lifted, this is just be like a bad dream.  Thus, the damage can be repaired.

michaela

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 01:48:16 PM »
What is his relationship with His Holiness the Dalai Lama? Is he in the 'good books' of His Holiness does anyone know?

Dear Tenzin Gyatso

I am interested to know what do you mean by being in the 'good book'?  Is 'good book' = politically correct?

kris

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 01:03:14 PM »
@michaela, I think good books = "give up Dorje Shugden".

I don't really understand why Trijang Rinpoche will want to be in the good book of HH Dalai Lama. More so when HH Dalai Lama said He will make an exception for Trijang Rinpoche to practice Dorje Shugden. You can refer to this video here:
Dalai Lama says Trijang Rinpoche can practise Dorje Shugden Small | Large

Why did Trijang Rinpoche disappear from radar? May be we can ask those who plan to assassinate Him? I am wondering, who would want to kill Him? Or who would give them the permission to kill Him?

If by Trijang Rinpoche coming back to India will not cause problem, do you think Trijang Rinpoche will not come back to India?

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 05:59:07 AM »
Trijang Rinpoche does not need the approval from the Dalai Lama, nor does he need any approval from any monastery to benefit others. he does not need to be in the good books of any lama to benefit others and to carry on his previous activities. He is an enlightened lama in every way, and even his wife is not an ordinary woman, but the daughter of another lay tulku who is in actuality a mahasiddha in every way. If CTA and the Dalai Lama does not want Trijang Rinpoche and make it very difficult for him to return to continue teaching the Dharma to them, then it is their loss that they lose such a great master to teach them the Dharma, not Trijang Rinpoche's loss. he still has a center in Vermont and he is doing well but keeping a low profile which is not a problem for me. I dont see how not being famous is a problem at all for a high lama to spread the Dharma or to carry on his good works as I am not attached to fame or being a part of the crowd. I am very much aware that there are many high and erudite masters who are not famous at all but are equally attained, so no point worrying whether or not i am following a famous master. The fame of a teacher has not effect on me, what does have effect on me is his attainments and qualities.

I am sure that the Dalai Lama cares more about his samaya rather than petty politics. He will not trade the unity of Tibet for his own samaya, thus he has allowed exceptions for Trijang Rinpoche and he is still very respectful towards the current Trijang Rinpoche. It is only the Tibetans there that are unable to show respect to Trijang Rinpoche as a result of rumor mongering amongst the community. So what? It's their loss and it is their negative karma that obstructs them from receiving teachings from Trijang Rinpoche. As with broken samaya, I doubt that CTA will repair it fast enough for Trijang Rinpoche to return, and even after the ban is lifted, Trijang Rinpoche will still be in the US, and he will grow far and wide there and CTA will be devoid of a great master to teach them.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 09:57:25 AM »
In His previous life, Trijang Rinpoche is the tutor to HH Dalai Lama and in this incarnation, I do not think it is necessary for Trijang Rinpoche to be in the good books of the Dalai Lama.

HH Trijang Rinpoche has taken alot of suffering to stay away from the public eyes and have requested that He is not disturbed by Shugdenpas.  He has given up his robes and has gotten married. 

His center in Vermont has retreats but no publicity.  May like Dorje Shugden, Trijang Rinpoche is waiting for the time to come.  Whatever we know now is not permanent and what holds for Shugdenpas, will depend on the lifting of the Ban and the Ban will be lifted by our faith and dedication to our King Dharmapala.

kelly

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 08:02:36 AM »
We as a practitioner should not doubt about this highly attain lama capability whatever they do is do benefits others is not create harm or disharmony for us as long as the ban is not lifted Trijang Rinpoche will stay in his current situation because he do not want anyone because of him to get hurt this is a act of compassion of Trijang Rinpoche.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 08:36:26 AM »
Dear Kelly, in many ways the current Trijang Rinpoche has taken on many sufferings personally to prevent Shugdenpas further pain by requesting and expecting Him to lead.

The time seems  inappropriate and as such Trijang Rinpoche has disrobed, married and did whatever He could to erase our expectations of Him.

What is most admirable about Him is that He would take the necessary steps with Himself so that He does not offend the Dalai Lama and also to continue his practise.  A true middle and peaceful way.