Author Topic: Hunter and the prey  (Read 7124 times)

RedLantern

Hunter and the prey
« on: June 23, 2013, 06:50:48 PM »
We are hunters when overcoming difficulties and difficulties become our prey.If we overcome by difficulties, difficulties become hunters and we become trapped.Blindly chasing their prey,hunters often fail to enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way.When people are fanatically pursuing the five desires:money ,sex,fame,food  and sleep,they have no time for introspection.Some hunters can hunt the prey in their soul;smart prey can always escape hunters.
Life is intriguing,sometimes we are hunters and sometimes we are the prey.When overcoming difficulties,we are hunters.When difficulties are upon us,difficulties become hunters and we are trapped like a game.
Hunters with wisdom of life can hunt the prey they want;prey with wisdom of life can always escape the hunters.Focus on the process .

DS Star

Re: Hunter and the prey
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 06:29:55 PM »
Redlantern, so you are saying that we are both the hunters and the prey; the role changes depending on situation whether we are overcoming difficulties or difficulties overcame us.

Hunters with wisdom of life can hunt the prey they want;prey with wisdom of life can always escape the hunters. Focus on the process .

Based on the above statement you posted; I concur that when we are the "hunter" finding ways to overcome difficulties, we should apply "wisdom of life"; similarly, even when difficulties 'hunting' us down like a "prey" and we feel overwhelmingly suffocated, then we should apply "wisdom of life" to escape the 'trap'.

Now, what exactly is this miracle medicine known as "wisdom of life"?

For Buddhists, it is Buddha's teachings or Dharma.

"... all Buddha’s teachings are intended to help us to overcome difficulties in life. And the approach is one which is actually very rational and down to earth."

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 07:23:24 AM »
What a lovely illustration of how we can overcome our 3 poisons on our spiritual journey path.

Beautiful and simple analogy and when I read it I can visualise how sometimes, my difficulties overcome me, then I become the prey and how I sometimes overcome my difficulties and i become the Hunter.

Even the iconography of Dorje Shugden shows us the methods and implements which He holds to subdue our 3 poisons. 

Let us have your views. 

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 05:44:56 AM »
What a lovely illustration of how we can overcome our 3 poisons on our spiritual journey path.

Beautiful and simple analogy and when I read it I can visualise how sometimes, my difficulties overcome me, then I become the prey and how I sometimes overcome my difficulties and i become the Hunter.

Even the iconography of Dorje Shugden shows us the methods and implements which He holds to subdue our 3 poisons. 

Let us have your views.

Realizing that both the hunter and the prey conventionally exist but its existent is transient and is dependently originated is from cause and effect, we then are truly free both the hunter and the prey. Simply, the hunter and the prey are one and the same; delusions, both are. Observe even for moment these two in the interplay as describe above, then we ask who is observing? And abide it that.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 06:44:48 AM »
Dear Yontenjamyang, I think I get what you are saying and shall observe the interplay of both the Hunter and Prey and the source of each character.  I think I will realise it is the result of our Karma.  No conclusion yet but will observe and hope for realisations.