Author Topic: A spectacular painting of Shugden on Chinese Scroll  (Read 13676 times)

icy

Re: A spectacular painting of Shugden on Chinese Scroll
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 03:40:29 PM »
Wow!  These paintings are truly spectacular.  I particularly love the Chinese Scroll.  It will rightfully be in all the Chinese temples in the whole world - just imagine this!

biggyboy

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 04:10:32 PM »

I have been thinking about it, and most of us do our prayers and mantras in front of the altar, request Dorje Shugden for this and that assistance, then go about our merry lives as we please. Not many of us (I think) actually do something more for Dorje Shugden, whether it be paintings to give to others, free distribution materials, websites (there are only a handful) or whatever.

The scroll is truly magnificent.  That's show how TK's friend has taken on his own initiative, creativity and his love for DS to produce such rare painting for all to see....Truly admirable and trait that one should learn from and ask oneself what have one done to bring this blessing to others and stop focusing on selfish mind.  If we cannot draw or paint, we can do our part through other means example we can print out the ever ready picture and distribute to others. Even to reproduce this beautiful DS painting by TK's friend....wow!  Why not?

Poonlarp

• Email
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 04:28:39 PM »
I like the flame behind Dorje Shugden, it's very unique from the typical painting...and the face is more fierce than the ordinary one.

But no matter how the details changes, the qualities of Dorje Shudgen are always there.

Thanks TK for sharing this! And rejoice for your friend who did it, very well done!

sahara

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 04:59:04 PM »
Wow! This painting is so beautiful  :) I personally like the wrathful Dorje Shugden...Thanks TK for sharing this!I think this is done in a Chinese style to creating a cause for our Lord's practice to flourish in China in the near future .....
 I like what Thor mentioned here..."beside of we are doing I have been thinking about it, and most of us do our prayers and mantras in front of the altar, request Dorje Shugden for this and that assistance, then go about our merry lives as we please. Not many of us (I think) actually do something more for Dorje Shugden, whether it be paintings to give to others, free distribution materials, websites (there are only a handful) or whatever. " I love Art. I was inspire.... :)Thanks again

Carpenter

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 05:44:43 PM »
As long as benefitting people, Dorje Shugden will appear in any way and any form.

As what I see here, by just painting alone, it will be able to bring dorje shugden to different level of people with different painting style, even people who doesn’t know him will be having this painting as a beautiful piece of art, with this, another person will be having an imprint of Dorje Shugden.

Creating Buddha images and beautified it so that people will be attracted to it and from there to develop a connection with the Buddha. The merits we collected from this meritorious work, it will help us to gain a healthy and great body so that we can enhance further in our spiritual practice.

How wonderful for someone who created this painting, indeed, it is very beautiful and of course, I love it very much too. Hehe…

Barzin

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 06:04:50 PM »
Very special and creative indeed.  Anything comes from the heart is beautiful, no?  I am sure this friend of yours are very devoted to Dorje Shugden, to spend time and effort in producing such master piece.  Just like Shugden himself, he can manifests in anyways.  Just like what the others already mentioned, so many things we can do to promote Shugden based on the very reason most of us have been benefited from the precious protector.

It is wonderful rejoicing to see people making an effort to spread shugden to help lift the ban.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 07:12:55 AM »
Thanks for sharing this. Personally, for me, this image is spectacular because it came from the heart. I love it that it is in a Chinese style. It reminds me of all the Christian artwork in Europe, where Christ is depicted as being European - with red hair and fair skin, when in all actuality, he was Middle-Eastern! Dorje Shugden still looks like Dorje Shugden here although there is a Chinese/Oriental slant to it. I think the Chinese scroll effect makes the painting very unusual and would appeal to a lot of Chinese people - in China and elsewhere. Bravo to your friend who painted it and who is making so many people happy by looking at it! Spectacular indeed.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

nagaseeker

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 08:00:47 AM »
Thank you TK for sharing this wonderful,details painting .The face of Dorje shugden looks wrathful to me n i like it very very much !

Big Uncle

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 08:15:19 AM »
How beautiful to behold the King in the form of a painting. I do think this style would appeal to many people but I still personally prefer statues. The larger the statue, the better. If I had unlimited funds, I would fund the construction of temples all over the world, each with a 2-storey high statue of Dorje Shugden and perhaps smaller ones of his emanations and other Buddhas and lineage Lamas. I would dedicate these temples to the long life of my Lama, my parents and the propagation of the Gaden/Dorje Shugden tradition. 

triesa

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 10:55:05 AM »
Thank you TK for sharing.

What strikes me most when I see this tangkha is not only the great depiction of DS and the details of the artwork, but the fact that it is mounted on a Chinese scroll. I find that extremely unique, it will be so appealing to the Chinese market.

The person who painted this have so much devotion to DS and I  truely rejoice for him!

pgdharma

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 03:40:45 PM »
Thank you, TK, for sharing this painting with us. It is indeed beautiful. I rejoice for his creativity, skills and devotion in producing such magnificent artwork. Wow, if these paintings can be reproduced and distributed to China which I think will appeal to the Chinese market, it will create the cause for Dorje Shugden to spread in China!

It is such a blessing to see these beautiful paintings of Dorje Shugden. Thanks again for the sharing.